What Is Saved on the Logos Servers?

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 35
Greg Perry | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Feb 28 2010 10:15 PM

I thought basically everything I do is saved on the servers. I thought wrongly.

I had created several collections since November when I installed 4.

Last week I added a lot of books that I purchased at Camp Logos in Dallas. Then I began having indexing problems. Indexing refused to complete without stopping at an error.

So I deleted my index folder contents as per another post on the forums here. Still had indexing problems. So I removed Logos 4 completely. (I have it installed on my laptop too and have no indexing problems on it.) Then I reinstalled it from my initial email's version 4 purchase link.

48 hours later, all installed AND indexed! Great. So I went to work this weekend and WOW - all my collections are gone!!!

Must mean all those collections I worked so hard on are NOT backed up on the Logos servers. But I think my notes are supposed to be, my layouts, etc. But not my collections?

So I have no more surprises in the future, what else is NOT backed up and easily restored?

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2010 4:44 AM

Collections are supposed to be backed up on Logos' servers.I don't know why Logos wouldn't have backed them up.

It's possible that Logos just hasn't finished downloading all of your user-generated files. There's been another person on the forum who thought their collections were gone it just took a little waiting and Logos eventually downloaded. Hopefully your situation will be similar.

Posts 10817
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2010 6:50 AM

Greg Perry:

48 hours later, all installed AND indexed! Great. So I went to work this weekend and WOW - all my collections are gone!!!

Must mean all those collections I worked so hard on are NOT backed up on the Logos servers

Collections that I create on the Windows version show up on the Mac version. Therefore, I must conclude that collections are indeed saved on the Logos servers. Something else must have happened with your installation.

Posts 6710
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2010 8:11 AM

tpye "sync now" in the command bar. That should solve teh problem.

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Posts 35
Greg Perry | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2010 8:20 AM

Thanks Lynden, Sync Now (I didn't know about that one, I was trying Update Now to no avail), alas, does not work either.

I now have all my original collections on my laptop and none here on my newly-installed PC.

Hmm... maybe I will try Sync Now on the laptop. Perhaps it will force its collections onto the server and then onto my desktop. I hope it does not instead, replace my laptop's with my lack of specific collections from my desktop. I wonder how it knows which direction to update?

Anyway, thank you for the advice. I wish it had worked, but perhaps it will if I Sync Now on the one that still HAS my collections.

Greg

Posts 35
Greg Perry | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2010 8:47 AM

nope, nothing, nada.

My laptop has the collections, I did Sync All, I did Update All, I restarted Logos on the laptop.

Then I come to my newly-installed desktop, started Logos, did Sync All, did Update All, restarted Logos, and NO COLLECTIONS.

So... I know, have patience. MAYBE they will appear. We're only talking about a dozen collections so it can't be a huge download but the servers might just be busy.

QUESTION: Like v. 3, is there a folder I can quickly locate them and just do a manual copy? I'd like to have them on MY time, not on the Logos server time.

Posts 1658
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2010 1:36 PM

Thanks Lynden, Sync Now

Greg Perry:
I did Sync All

This does seem contradictory?

Regards, SteveF

Posts 35
Greg Perry | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2010 2:37 PM

Arrgh! No, I meant Sync Now, not Sync All.

Sorry to confuse!

So does anyone know how to copy a collection set from one computer to another?

Posts 1145
William | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2010 10:30 PM

Greg Perry:
So does anyone know how to copy a collection set from one computer to another?

This should work through the cloud.  You have collections on one computer...I would think...Sync now on this one....then go to the other computer and sync now.  if that is not working...Might be something with the internet connection on this other computer.  It could also be something with the install of Logos.  However, that would be very unlikely seeing how you just reinstalled it. 

I wish I could help you more.  I don't know if this would do anything but what about logging then do a few commands include sync now and submit the logs?  That might give an error. 

William

Posts 2753
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 2 2010 12:29 AM

greg mine approx 30 mins to sync at the weekend... when I reinstalled..

some of us have been asking for a detailed list of whats backed up. nothing has been released to my knowledge..  

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS