Collection Question

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 246
Rev. Michael L. Burns | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jun 9 2016 12:13 PM

I apparently deleted one of my Collections. I can't seem to find were I wrote down how I created it. I primary used it to list all books in my library, PBBs, purchased resources, etc. Can someone help me with the best way to reconstruct this collection to list everything in my library?

Also would like help constructing  a collection list to only list books that are temporary with my Logos Now subscription.

Michael 

Posts 2205
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 9 2016 1:01 PM

resources matching sting of just * seems to do it.  Where * is the Boolean operator for all.

Often when one wants all one uses * as in DOS to list all files of type doc one typed the commend of: dir *.doc 

Posts 246
Rev. Michael L. Burns | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 9 2016 2:04 PM

David,

Thank You for the quick reply. Works great. I also found my original setup for my Collection where "Start w resources matching:" was set to "myrating:>=0" 

I actually like yours better, is seems much similar and my be more accurate than what I'm currently was formerly using. Thanks again.

Michael

Posts 2851
Sascha John | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 9 2016 6:50 PM

If there is a Rule in the Collection you could also go to your Logos account/my Dokuments and chose delete. There you can undelete everything you have deletet

Posts 246
Rev. Michael L. Burns | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 9 2016 8:44 PM

Sascha,

Thanks for the very helpful and  quick reply.

Michael

Posts 2851
Sascha John | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 9 2016 9:47 PM

Yes

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 9 2016 11:03 PM

Rev. Michael L. Burns:
I also found my original setup for my Collection where "Start w resources matching:" was set to "myrating:>=0" 

Every resource has a rating from 0 to 5 so rule of * should have the same count as

myrating:>=0

OR

myrating:<6

Years ago, the wildcard * took longer than "myrating:>=0" to filter library resources => https://community.logos.com/forums/p/123441/806607.aspx#806607 

Rev. Michael L. Burns:
I primary used it to list all books in my library, PBBs, purchased resources, etc

Another collection rule idea is resource language:

Language:English

Note: some resources have more than one language.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS