Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 246
Rev. Michael L. Burns | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jun 9 2016 2:21 PM

Is there a way to create a Collection of resources of only resources that are available with my Logos Bow subscription that are only temporary.

Michael

Posts 21738
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 9 2016 2:56 PM

Try using the rule "License:Temporary"

Posts 9913
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 9 2016 4:37 PM

Graham Criddle:

Try using the rule "License:Temporary"

This surely is a good way to clear the field. However, there may be more books in it than those licensed monthly through Logos Now. Probably rented resources come with a temporary license, too (never tried that myself). More frequently, user will have such books since some groups on Faithlife.com will offer books "free fo a time" (i.e. under a temporary license) to their members/followers or participants in a certain reading plan. Currently Fortress Press shares a famous Bonhoeffer book this way, Wipf&Stock offers a book, too, and there's the Darell Bock m.ED course by Faithlife (advertised through Tim Challies).

So for those who are taking advantage of that, it's not possible to differentiate based on metadata alone the reasons for why a license is temporary. Manual tagging will be needed in those scenarios.

The Logos Now books that are temporarily licensed should be visible from the sticky top post in this forum, though.  

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 246
Rev. Michael L. Burns | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 9 2016 8:39 PM

Thanks for the quick reply. That does the trick.

Michael

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS