crashes watching the "Camp Logos" videos

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 44
Dr. Michael Wilson | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jun 10 2016 3:59 PM

After about 2 minutes of playing a video, logos quits.

The logs are attached

2112.LogosLogs.michael.20160610-154219.zip

Posts 24852
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 11 2016 3:30 PM

This crash occurs in Mono on your Mac, so would require a Faithlife technician to diagnose. You can wait for such a response or contact Tech Support on Monday.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 44
Dr. Michael Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 17 2016 8:02 PM

I finally had a chance to speak with Logos tech support and they determined that I had network congestion.  No packet lost, just really, really slow.  I had comcast reset from their end and I reset everything at my end and my speeds came back up.  I find it odd and a little confusing why network congestion would cause the entire program to crash.  I also found out that all the videos that Logos "sells" are streamed.  So it is not possible to download 1 or two videos to my iPad and watch them on an airplane.  I did not know this.  

I also discovered that everyone at logos can see my password.  I know this because three different people in three different department were able to log into my account and see things, as if they were me.  I was hoping for a bit more security, but I guess that is not there focus.  Logos does have two of my credit cards on file so I suppose if I they were hacked people could buy things.  I do not know if they could get the credit card number.

Anyway, the crash seems to be minimized.  It has not fully gone away.  So I will check my network.  

It is possible on a desktop/laptop with the full logos to download all videos but there does not seem to be a way to download one or two and no way to download them on an iPad.

Posts 7983
LogosEmployee

Dr. Michael Wilson:
I also discovered that everyone at logos can see my password.  I know this because three different people in three different department were able to log into my account and see things, as if they were me.

No one at Logos can see your password. (Passwords are stored salted and hashed according to industry best practices.)

Authorised employees may (with the customer's permission) impersonate a user account. This is used (infrequently) for troubleshooting when remote access to the customer's system is insufficient for resolving a problem. All such access is logged.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS