Multiple Workspaces

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 634
Pastor Michael Huffman | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jun 11 2016 7:32 AM

This is a suggestion for an improvement to Logos that I believe is very nice and I do not believe that the option is available yet; atleast I don't know how to do it if it is. Accordance Bible Software has an option where you can having multiple workspaces open at the same time. They are divided by tabs at the top of the page and you just click on the workspace that you want to use. Because we have workspaces for different things; some workspaces are just for preliminary studies on a given text, some are just for original language studies of a text; and it would be nice to have those workspaces open at the same time so that if I need to look at something in a workspace I don't have to completely close one to open the other.

Now, if this feature already exists, I would be very excited to hear about it. But I don't believe that it is and I believe that this would be a nice feature. 

Pastor Michael Huffman, Th.A Th.B Th.M

Posts 69
Robert Kostenbauder | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 11 2016 10:27 AM

Have you considered using multiple tabs. I have a layout with four books open and they are in separate windows. It would see you could open resources that you need in multiple tabs and have what you are looking for.

Posts 28122
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 11 2016 11:17 AM

Your suggestion has elements of my "projects" suggestion. In the meantime, the closest you could get would be to float a panel and add panels as you would normally. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 10636
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 11 2016 11:40 AM

I'm not confident Logos could implement multiple workspaces, judging from their solution to layouts (which still confuse me, absent a Dave explanation).

Also, I'd assume at some point, movable layouts would be implemented (desktop to the subscription browser or apps).

I'd be happy with the ability to concatinate (sp?) layouts ... add layout vs load layout. Right now, I concatenate 4 into a monster layout.

Alabama's idea is probably needed to do the multi-platform concept.  It'd also be neat to download a layout (in an app).

The Accordance approach is the simplest of all, and not too confusing.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 634
Pastor Michael Huffman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 11 2016 12:35 PM

alabama24:

Your suggestion has elements of my "projects" suggestion. In the meantime, the closest you could get would be to float a panel and add panels as you would normally. 

That seems to be a good work around. Is there anyway that you could do the floating panel with all of the resources that you want if each panel and then save that as the work space and then when you load the workspace it would load the floating windows too? Or would you have to build them each time? 

Pastor Michael Huffman, Th.A Th.B Th.M

Posts 28122
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 11 2016 1:43 PM

Build it each time. 

Posts 28242
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 11 2016 1:51 PM

Pastor Michael Huffman:
when you load the workspace it would load the floating windows too?

On Windows 10 it saves and loads the floating windows so I am confused by alabama's answer.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 28122
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 11 2016 2:09 PM

MJ. Smith:
On Windows 10 it saves and loads the floating windows so I am confused by alabama's answer.

That isn't my recollection on the Mac... but I could be wrong. I'll check later if I remember. 

Posts 28122
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 11 2016 7:08 PM

MJ. Smith:
On Windows 10 it saves and loads the floating windows

It does on OS X as well. I am unsure why I thought otherwise. 

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS