Mobile Ed: OT317 Judges - 18 hours of teaching for $80 !!

Page 3 of 4 (68 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 67 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 366
Batman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 8 2016 8:51 PM

If it ends up at $80, that's what I'll pay. If it's less, I'll be happy. The way I see it, why pay more than is necessary? Just because Nike or Reboks is on sale for "only" $100, regularly $300, doesnt mean I should pass up $100. Esp. since it costs only .06 a pair to make, And if we can get this for $56, thatd be awesome. And, you dont have to worry about Logos/Faithlife because they will get their production costs or more just from community pricing. Then pre-pub will be all profit as will be all sales at regular price.
Im not worried about them. 

Dave Thawley:

I lobbed in for near maximum when the offer came out - $80 is ridiculously cheap, I  honestly feel like I am ripping FL off for paying that much for something which promises to be so good. 

Posts 17
Jack Nørdam | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 9 2016 2:08 AM

I have already ordered and I hope we are enough buyers to this product to be released. 

Posts 2259
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 9 2016 9:32 AM

Just a l.i.t.t.l.e more to nudge it over.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 10 2016 3:44 PM

Matthew C Jones:

18 Hours of teaching!!

This course is not some truncated intro lesson. This is the real deal. 

and you can get it for only $80

Bid now 

https://www.logos.com/product/56418/mobile-ed-ot317-judges  

Please bid now.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 9238
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 10 2016 5:06 PM

Matthew C Jones:
Please bid now.

Yes

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 366
Batman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 11 2016 8:55 AM

It will go to Pre-pub fairly quickly. The longer it takes to reach production costs, the longer it will take to get out of pre-pub. So, once it gets past the hump, it shouldnt be too long before it gets published.

Jack Nørdam:

I have already ordered and I hope we are enough buyers to this product to be released. 

Posts 155
Alan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 11 2016 9:02 AM

After all the push ... wonder why still at $80 Crying

Posts 621
Dave Thawley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 12 2016 11:05 AM

I can't think of excuse to bump this today - apart from its fantastic value and I want it :-) Come on people, lets get this moving :-) 

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 12 2016 12:30 PM

bump

Posts 574
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 13 2016 6:19 AM

I'll just leave this here...  ;-)

Posts 2079
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 13 2016 9:07 AM

I actually recently raised my bid to $100.  This is such a valuable addition, and as someone said before, the more of these we purchase through CP, the more they will put here.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 1380
HJ. van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 14 2016 11:17 AM

bump

Posts 621
Dave Thawley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 16 2016 7:56 AM

Less than 20% to go now :-) 

Posts 366
Batman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 16 2016 2:36 PM

The way it works is what makes it drop. 
It's not how many people bid; or, the total amount bid that causes it to drop. Its what bid point people bid. Since everyone here is pushing $80, it will undoubtedly stay at $80. In order for an item to hit Pre-Pub, one category has to hit 100% of production cost. For illustration purposes only and that the number I will be using is relatively easy to explain, I will use $10,000 as the production value.:
There would have to be 125 people to bid in the $80 price point bid to meet or exceed the $10,000 production costs. 
There would need to be 132 people bidding at the $76 price point to reach $10,000 
There would need to be 148 people to bid $68 to get it to production
There would need to be 179 people to bid at $56 to reach the fictitious $10,000 production costs. But, had everyone bid $120, there would have needed only 84 bids. 

So, as I understand how this works, let's say 128 people bid it's ready to close. But, let's say 152 people bid $68, it's ready for Pre-pub. But, every one who bid $68 or more will get it at $68. And, as far as I understand, bidding higher will not help get it to pre pub, that just ensures you get it, and at the lower price. 

There are other things in play, that Logos/Faithlife (or, whoever they are this week) does not reveal. Some so people can't artificially manipulate pricing, but, other things as well. 

So, to answer the question, the reason its still at $80, is, because that's what everyone is bidding. While in my above example, it seems like only a few more people are necessary, the reality is, it probably costs hundreds of thousands of dollars to bring to publication, so it requires thousands in each bid point, and with each lower bid point, it requires even more bidders. So, if we want to get the price down, we need to push it, and encourage as many people as possible to bid up the $56 bid. 

Alan:

After all the push ... wonder why still at $80 Crying

Posts 366
Batman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 16 2016 3:02 PM

As far as I understand, that is not totally correct. 
The cost of production is so great, that Logos is willing to cut retail pricing to get these items to us. The quicker we bid it up, the quicker priority it will have in production. 
How I understand this to work is, they offer it to us to see what the interest is. We are sort of "investors", as we (collectively) promise to pay the production costs. Ie, it's free for Logos to produce. Once it goes to Pre-pub, the price goes up, and they start to make money. Then, once it gets produced, they raise the price again, and really make the money. 
Getting people to bid quickly, in a particular price point is undoubtedly how they determine how quickly to produce an item, and whether or not to produce more items in that genre/category. 
A great example of this might be why the Hebrew Audio pronunciation tool took to produce. It took a long time to get off CP, and then they had developmental issues. From my understanding, the person recording the words quit, they had to get a new person, and start all over. Had the bidding gone quicker, maybe a lot of those issues would not have come up. 

Bidding higher does have it's advantages however. You won't miss out on an item you were hoping would make it at a lower price, and you either forget, miss the chance to raise your bid, or whatever. On most items, I'm fine with bidding minimum, and if I miss out, I miss out. On this, however, as we get closer, I may change my bid to make sure I dont miss out. So, there is merit to bidding high. 

As I explained in the post to Alan, as I understand how CP works, once a price 

Joseph Turner:

I actually recently raised my bid to $100.  This is such a valuable addition, and as someone said before, the more of these we purchase through CP, the more they will put here.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 17 2016 5:55 PM

bump

Posts 621
Dave Thawley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 21 2016 12:30 PM

Cool

Posts 574
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 25 2016 3:27 AM

Funding for this excellent resource appears to be at 80%, which is great!

I wonder if any Logos employee reading this thread might want to see if they can arrange to highlight this exciting fact on the Logos home page and possibly even by email, just to get it over the edge. I can really see OT317 Judges being a terrific resource as well as a showcase for the Mobile Ed model.

Posts 404
Danny Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 25 2016 10:44 PM

Check it out. It looks to be very close now. Maybe a few $56 bids raised to $80 would push it over.

Posts 366
Batman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 26 2016 12:36 PM

Looks like people want to pay less, as the new lowest bid of $48 is already past 60% 
It still has a while to go to get over the top at any price. I suspect sometime within the next 2 weeks, though, and with any luck, it will be even lower. But at this point, I'm guessing the $72 or $76 will be as low as it goes. But, if I am correct, and it wont close for another couple weeks at any price, maybe us cheapies will get it in at $48.Big SmileStick out tongue

Danny Parker:

Check it out. It looks to be very close now. Maybe a few $56 bids raised to $80 would push it over.

Page 3 of 4 (68 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS