Master Journal 2.1 or Logos 7 - I can't have both

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 27 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 2331
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jun 14 2016 7:29 AM

The Master Journal 2.1 collection is being release in July.  I don't have the original release, so my cost is not cheap.  I'm also expecting Logos 7 to be released later this year (just a guess).  My problem is that I can't have both.  The Master Journals cost will never be lower than it is now (again just a guess) but whenever Logos releases a new version there is usually a pretty good limited time discount.

Anyway, I can't have both, so I have to pick one.

(Best option - win the lottery) Big Smile

Posts 943
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 14 2016 8:21 AM

If your asking for a vote, I'd go MJB.  Journals are so much more valuable than Logos features.

Posts 244
JC54 | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 14 2016 8:29 AM

If you want it: go MJB. It is likely that the price difference between the journals now and then is bigger than the difference between the initial Logos 7 discounts and some discounts later on.....

Posts 1076
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 14 2016 8:36 AM

Agree MJB is better, and you can always wait a few months for the free Logos 7 engine when it comes out, and use the Logos Now to get access to features you may not have. 

At this point we are all guessing what Logos 7 will have anyway.

L4 Bible Study, L5 Reformed Bronze, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum.
2015 rMBP 15" 2.2GHz 16GB 256GB SSD, running macOS Mojave   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 6.

Posts 44
Jonathan Watson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 14 2016 9:39 AM

My issue with the journal bundles is the hit-or miss tagging on them. Sure, you can create a back-door via collections, but it's annoying when I have to sift through the journals to find an article that should be tagged.

For my money, I'm holding off on bundles and saving for Logos 7. Besides, who knows what add-on deals they'll offer! Wink

- Jonathan J. Watson

Posts 8944
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 14 2016 10:01 AM

I would not let the journals pass. Logos 7 has not even being announced yet.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 26527
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 14 2016 5:00 PM

Jonathan Watson:
My issue with the journal bundles is the hit-or miss tagging on them.

Are you referring to the problem that was just fixed causing the > 600 resource download recently?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 44
Jonathan Watson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 14 2016 5:04 PM

MJ. Smith:

Are you referring to the problem that was just fixed causing the > 600 resource download recently?

MJ, I'm sure the update fixed a great number of problems. No, instead, I'm referring to this:

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

The resource info I have for JETS 31 is:

LLS:gs_jets_31

2009-12-13T23:46:18Z

GS_JETS_31.lbxlls

From the version and filename (LBXLLS) I can tell that this is quite an old resource that won't have been marked up in accordance with our current standards. It won't have label tagging, per-article citations, newer data type references, and possibly not even thorough Bible reference tagging.

I don't have any information about when this resource might be updated to our latest standards.

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/126888.aspx

- Jonathan J. Watson

Posts 26527
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 14 2016 5:30 PM

ah, the problem that plagues many older resources ... like the commentary that doesn't recognize the deuterocanon as references ...Sad

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 14 2016 5:54 PM

Ronald Quick:
The Master Journal 2.1 collection is being release in July.  I don't have the original release, so my cost is not cheap.  I'm also expecting Logos 7 to be released later this year (just a guess).  My problem is that I can't have both

I wish a creative Sales Rep could wrangle a way for me to buy MJB 2.1.    Any takers?

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 44
Jonathan Watson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 14 2016 6:20 PM

I always recommend Cliff Kvidahl.

- Jonathan J. Watson

Posts 3767
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 14 2016 8:09 PM

Ronald Quick:
Anyway, I can't have both, so I have to pick one.

I would think you'd want the MJB, if your heart is set on them.  You can always get the free 7 engine (if/when that comes out) and perhaps save for a features crossgrade or something.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 2331
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 14 2016 8:12 PM

Thanks for all the replies - I would love the get the journals, which seems to be the best option.  I'll just have to see if I can cover the cost somehow.

Posts 483
Rodney Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 15 2016 7:01 AM

Jonathan Watson:

I always recommend Cliff Kvidahl.

"I always recommend Cliff Kvidahl."

Hi..  You have his actual Email address?    Thanks!

Posts 2
Jonathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 15 2016 7:03 AM

ckvidahl@logos.com

Posts 44
Jonathan Watson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 15 2016 7:16 AM

Sorry. Typo. Cliff.kvidhal@logos.com

- Jonathan J. Watson

Posts 6406
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 15 2016 7:25 AM

It depends on the content of L7 which we don't know. It could be disappointing like L5 or awesome like L4LE or L6, no way of telling. You could get Journals now and put L7 on payment plan and have both ;)

DAL

Posts 44
Jonathan Watson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 15 2016 12:09 PM

And, I just found out he was laid off. Sorry everyone.

- Jonathan J. Watson

Posts 611
Dave Thawley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 15 2016 12:17 PM

I'm quite new to Logos - I bought in at L6. How much are upgrades to later versions ? Is there a standard fee or does each one vary  ?

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 15 2016 12:39 PM

Dave Thawley:
How much are upgrades to later versions ? Is there a standard fee or does each one vary  ?

They vary depending on what package you have and what package you wish to go to.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS