What Happened to The Antioch Bible (10 vols.)?

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 948
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jun 20 2016 12:16 PM

I was looking through my wish list today and I noticed that The Antioch Bible (10 vols.) was grayed out.  I don't own it.  So, I clicked on the link and got one of the "We're Sorry!" pages that says it not available.

I'm not able to locate anything by searching the forums.

What happened? 

Posts 1257
HJ. van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 20 2016 12:32 PM

And what happened to the Orthodox Platinum Package???

Posts 298
LogosEmployee
Matthew Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 20 2016 2:22 PM

Both of these products are temporarily unavailable. We're working to get them back as soon as we can.

Posts 2258
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 21 2016 11:10 PM

Looks like Septuagint Bundles got the cleaver too. Hopefully that is temp

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 353
Virgil Buttram | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 22 2016 6:32 AM

Is there a common factor among all of these products? Publisher, perhaps? I haven't checked.

Posts 6418
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 22 2016 7:04 AM

Virgil Buttram:

Is there a common factor among all of these products? Publisher, perhaps? I haven't checked.

It doesn't matter if they get pulled out temporarily or permanently,  sometimes is not about the publisher. We rarely get the facts when an item or collection gets pulled from the website anyway.

DAL

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 22 2016 9:57 AM

mab:
Looks like Septuagint Bundles got the cleaver too. Hopefully that is temp

Oh boy.

Last time Faithlife got out the clever we lost a third of the workforce.

Now we are losing all sorts of resources.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 6
Patrick J. Madden | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 15 2019 9:51 AM

Hi Matthew.  I see you put this reply up in 2016, almost 3 years ago.  I would certainly be interested in the 10-volume Antioch Bible.  I would appreciate it if you would pass this along to "the powers that be."

Thanks!

Pat

Posts 6
Patrick J. Madden | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 15 2019 9:55 AM

Matthew, 

I see you posted this response almost 3 years ago.  I would certainly be interested in multi-volume Antioch Bible -- hard copy through Gorgias Press.  Please pass this information on to "the powers that be."

Thanks!

Pat

Posts 10178
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 15 2019 10:16 AM

Patrick J. Madden:

Matthew, 

I see you posted this response almost 3 years ago.  I would certainly be interested in multi-volume Antioch Bible -- hard copy through Gorgias Press.  Please pass this information on to "the powers that be."

Thanks!

Pat

I think Gorgias Press departed:

https://www.logos.com/products/search?q=gorgias+press 

I have Antioch. We were lucky, in that the first cut included Deu, Isa, Jer and the Prophets, the Synoptics and most of Paul.  Basically early-Christian, but not Psalms.

I would have liked the Encyclopaedia volume, but that's looking back.

Gabe introduced a lot of good volumes.

EDIT:

Actually, there's quite a bit disappeared ... the Old Syriac Gospels (handy comparisons), Diatessaron (Hill), Hugoye/Canadian-Syriac journals, and a nifty Lexical Tools book. Unfortunate.

Posts 26543
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 15 2019 2:14 PM

Denise:
I think Gorgias Press departed:

If so, this is a major blow to the thrust into Eastern Orthodox and Eastern Rite Catholics. Crying And to those who wish to compare the major Bible manuscript traditions.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1257
HJ. van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 15 2019 3:04 PM

This is very bad news indeed Crying

Posts 10178
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 15 2019 6:33 PM

SineNomine:

That's definitely a hmm. I looked at the site ... I can see Kiraz's goals. Definitely a hmmm.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS