Page 1 of 3 (43 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 42 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jun 20 2016 1:33 PM

We've added a new "Amen!" quick screen button to be used as an affirmation. Click the image below to see it in action. Would you consider using this? Please share your feedback.

Posts 36
SBC Online Team | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 21 2016 7:26 AM

I'd much prefer affirmation to come from the congregation, directed by the Holy Spirit, rather than the person controlling Proclaim.

Is this a feature that's been requested?

Posts 6717
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 21 2016 7:29 AM

I like the idea. Now customize so that I can change the word that appears.

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 21 2016 8:17 AM

Lynden Williams:

I like the idea. Now customize so that I can change the word that appears.

We don't have a great solution for custom text at the moment. What text did you have in mind?

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 21 2016 8:19 AM

Ricky Rew:

I'd much prefer affirmation to come from the congregation, directed by the Holy Spirit, rather than the person controlling Proclaim.

Is this a feature that's been requested?

Just a feature we thought would be useful for some churches and are experimenting with.

Posts 6717
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 21 2016 9:02 AM

I do not have any particular word in mind, but in a series I may want a particular word to appear on the screen, which I desire my audience to see/say.

Posts 6717
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 21 2016 9:03 AM

Think scrolling text. Change as desired.

Posts 5268
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 21 2016 10:58 AM

Scott Alexander:
We don't have a great solution for custom text at the moment. What text did you have in mind?

'Be quiet'

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 169
Michael Wright | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 27 2016 6:12 AM

This is a great new feature. Can it be made available from the remote control screen?

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 27 2016 7:05 AM

Michael Wright:

This is a great new feature. Can it be made available from the remote control screen?

Glad to hear you like it! I expect we'll be adding it to the remote soon. 

Posts 13417
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 27 2016 7:22 AM

Scott Alexander:
Would you consider using this? Please share your feedback.

We would never use this. A custom slide, we would use.

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 27 2016 7:26 AM

The Logo quick screen can be customized and will work from the remote today. 

Posts 932
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 27 2016 7:48 AM

For those who think they would use this: What is the use case for this? It seems a lot like an "applause" sign. I can't imagine any context where this would be appropriate, except maybe if brought up after special music? Even so, it seems very strange. 

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 27 2016 7:51 AM

Scott Alexander:
We've added a new "Amen!" quick screen button to be used as an affirmation. Click the image below to see it in action. Would you consider using this? Please share your feedback.

Absolutely NOT !  I don't approve of ANY electronic media in the service.  Cheap, cheap, cheap.  Buy some pew bibles and hymnals (and prayer books).  While you're at it, become Anglican.  Wink

That reminds me of what my step-daughter used to say as a joke.  "What does the bird say when it flies over K-Mart?  Answer:  "Cheap, cheap, cheap."

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 27 2016 8:09 AM

The next thing you know they'll have us going to church by smart phone.  You dial the number and "Press 1 for a prayer; press 2 for a hymn; press 3 for a sermon; press 4 for a benediction.  To repeat this message press #."

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 932
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 27 2016 8:48 AM

George Somsel:

The next thing you know they'll have us going to church by smart phone.  You dial the number and "Press 1 for a prayer; press 2 for a hymn; press 3 for a sermon; press 4 for a benediction.  To repeat this message press #."

I'll bite. The use of technology in the service, like the use of paperback hymnals, hardback hymnals or scrolls is as incidental as wearing a cotton or polyester shirt. The physical assembly is almost the essential component of what it means to be a church. Your comments are both useless and out of place in the Proclaim: Church Presentation Software forum. 

Proverbs 17:27-28.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 27 2016 8:57 AM

Justin Gatlin:
The physical assembly is almost the essential component of what it means to be a church.

My point precisely, but we're getting away from that.

george
gfsomsel

Posts 2
Allen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 27 2016 7:51 PM

Scott Alexander:

The Logo quick screen can be customized and will work from the remote today. 

Maybe a tex box?? Just a thought

Posts 4
m | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 9 2016 3:20 PM

Is there a way to remove this from the quick screens? My goal is to always have a distraction free worship experience. The accidental clicking of this button during music or a sermon would be inappropriate in our worship context. It offered us a few minutes of entertainment during practice, but seriously, we would love to be able to remove it.

Posts 13417
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 10 2016 2:04 AM

m:

Is there a way to remove this from the quick screens? My goal is to always have a distraction free worship experience. The accidental clicking of this button during music or a sermon would be inappropriate in our worship context. It offered us a few minutes of entertainment during practice, but seriously, we would love to be able to remove it.

I agree 100% with this.

Page 1 of 3 (43 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS