Bible Search Problem or is it just me?

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 22 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1874
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jun 24 2016 2:12 PM

I know that there is probably a simple explanation for this, but I cannot see any way of changing my search range in a Bible search.

There should be some drop-downs to select above the search text box, but they seem to be lost.

Help!

Every blessing

Alan

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 4GHz; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.12.2; 1TB FD; Logos 7

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.12.2; 256GB SSD; Logos 7

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 10.2

iPhone 5s 32GB iOS 10.2

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 24 2016 2:15 PM

I couldn't recreate what you have here. Maybe try and restart your computer and Logos?

Shalom, in Christ, Keith. Check out my music www.soundcloud.com/kpang808

Posts 1874
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 24 2016 2:36 PM

Keith Pang:

I couldn't recreate what you have here. Maybe try and restart your computer and Logos?

Thanks, Keith. I tried your suggestion but it didn't help.

Funny thing is that I get the dropdown for search ranges above the Search Box in the other kinds of searches.

But

Crying

Every blessing

Alan

iPhone 5s 32GB iOS 10.2

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 24 2016 5:03 PM

Sorry Alan, I have no idea. That is very strange. Tongue Tied

Shalom, in Christ, Keith. Check out my music www.soundcloud.com/kpang808

Posts 1049
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 24 2016 6:57 PM

strange! I tried everything I can think of to reproduce this error and I could not. Maybe some of the big dogs can.

Are you on Beta?

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College
Mac OS 10.13.6 High Sierra, Mid 2015 iMac, 2.5GHz i7, 32 gbRAM, 1tbSSD

Posts 283
Lonnie Spencer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 24 2016 7:13 PM

Did you click on the little arrow below the blue "all passages" or on the blue "all passages". in the bible search. That is how I change my verse ranges.

Posts 2283
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 24 2016 7:29 PM

Try resizing your panel. 

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 1874
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 25 2016 4:52 AM

Lonnie Spencer:

Did you click on the little arrow below the blue "all passages" or on the blue "all passages". in the bible search. That is how I change my verse ranges.

Thanks for your suggestion, but I can't do it!

If you look at my screenshots, you'll see that there are no blue dropdown in the Bible Search. I have many saved ranges, built up over years, but I cannot access them from the Bible Search

Every blessing

Alan

iPhone 5s 32GB iOS 10.2

Posts 1874
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 25 2016 4:55 AM

Beloved:

Try resizing your panel. 

Thanks, but I tried that to no effect. I've tried changing layouts, even searching from a blank layout. It makes no difference. I wonder if some setting has been tweaked "under the bonnet" during the last update?

Here are my Settings.

Any thoughts, anyone?

Every blessing

Alan

iPhone 5s 32GB iOS 10.2

Posts 24692
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 25 2016 3:09 PM

Try adjusting "Program Scaling"

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 1874
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 26 2016 1:48 PM
Dave Hooton:

Dave, Thanks for the suggestion. After I posted the screen shot I noticed that my scaling was set at 120%, and tried reducing it to 100%. It made no difference. What I really can't figure out is why it is only the Bible Search that doesn't have the menu bar above the Search Text Box. It's available in the other types of search. Every blessing Alan

iPhone 5s 32GB iOS 10.2

Posts 9945
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 26 2016 3:06 PM

Alan Macgregor:
Dave Hooton:

Dave, Thanks for the suggestion. After I posted the screen shot I noticed that my scaling was set at 120%, and tried reducing it to 100%. It made no difference. What I really can't figure out is why it is only the Bible Search that doesn't have the menu bar above the Search Text Box. It's available in the other types of search. Every blessing Alan

As Sgt. Schultz in Hogan's Heros used to say "Verrrry interestink."  Try running a search without any parameters then try it again.  Perhaps it will jar something loose.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 1874
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 26 2016 5:38 PM

George Somsel:
Try running a search without any parameters then try it again.

Thanks for the suggestion, George. Unfortunately I can't do any Bible search and alter the range parameters. Bible search is locked into searching the Pauline epistles only! Because I cannot access the menu bar, I am unable to remove/alter those parameters.

BTW. I seem to remember "Verry interesting" from Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In in the 1960s. As I recall the little German soldier's face appeared from behind palm leaves and said, "Verry interesting … but stupid" as a critical commentary about the previous sketch/remark on the show.

Every blessing

Alan

iPhone 5s 32GB iOS 10.2

Posts 2283
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 26 2016 6:13 PM

Alan Macgregor:
Bible search is locked into searching the Pauline epistles only! Because I cannot access the menu bar, I am unable to remove/alter those parameters.

You should contact Technical support. Unfortunately they don't take direct calls anymore. You must contact them by email tech@logos.com. In the mean time, one more idea. Close Search and open History; select another Bible Search from the list and open it. As George says, maybe it will jar something loose. Smile

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 9945
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 26 2016 7:11 PM

Alan Macgregor:
BTW. I seem to remember "Verry interesting" from Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In in the 1960s. As I recall the little German soldier's face appeared from behind palm leaves and said, "Verry interesting … but stupid" as a critical commentary about the previous sketch/remark on the show.

Yes, you are correct.  The German soldier was Artie Johnson.  My mistake.  Sgt Schultz's remark was "I know nothink."  

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 9945
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 26 2016 7:13 PM

Alan Macgregor:
Thanks for the suggestion, George. Unfortunately I can't do any Bible search and alter the range parameters. Bible search is locked into searching the Pauline epistles only! Because I cannot access the menu bar, I am unable to remove/alter those parameters.

If it's locked into the Pauline epistles, you should be able to search the Pauline epistles without any change I would think.

george
gfsomsel

Posts 9945
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 26 2016 8:25 PM

BTW, Alan, it's just you.  You aren't holding your mouth right.  Wink  Big Smile

george
gfsomsel

Posts 24692
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 27 2016 4:17 PM

Alan Macgregor:
Bible search is locked into searching the Pauline epistles only! Because I cannot access the menu bar, I am unable to remove/alter those parameters.

Try a Bible Search from the Context Menu ("Search this resource") as that will alter parameters.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 1874
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 28 2016 6:07 AM

Dave Hooton:
Try a Bible Search from the Context Menu ("Search this resource") as that will alter parameters.

Dave

Thanks. Bible search within both Context Menu search and Inline search work fine.

See my screen shots:

Inline Search

Result:

Context Search

However, neither is as nimble and multifaceted as the Bible Search proper.

Furthermore, this is not just a problem on one Mac. Both my Ministry iMac (Retina, 5K, 27-inch) and my Academic iMac (Retina, 4K, 21.5-inch) as well as my MacBook Air behave in exactly the same way. None of them displays a Menu Bar for Bible Searches.

Every blessing

Alan

iPhone 5s 32GB iOS 10.2

Posts 3148
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 28 2016 11:53 AM

Hi Alan,

Both those searches look like they are inline to me. Searching just that resource (not inline) should display the other search types like Basic, Media, etc. A customer called with this behavior last year. I had them run a search just in that resource from the context menu and that fixed the behavior in that situation. 

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS