Removing purchases from library in a block

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 80
Pastor Kay | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jun 27 2016 9:35 AM

Several years ago I purchased some collections that are now pretty useless to me, and are clogging up my library badly. They're some of the old Perseus collections, with thousands of books, and they don't seem to be tagged Perseus in the library view. Can I remove these items from my library in a block, or will I have to go through individually? Is there a way to find all the Perseus items in my library?

Posts 11647
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 27 2016 9:38 AM

Pastor Kay:
Is there a way to find all the Perseus items in my library?

simply filter the library for 'Perseus'

Pastor Kay:
Can I remove these items from my library in a block

Yes. See the detailed description under http://wiki.logos.com/Hiding_books

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 370
Lonnie Spencer | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 27 2016 10:16 AM

While I was working with the Faithlife tech on an issue with my hidden books, I had mentioned I wish I had not downloaded the free Perseus collection because I was not using it at all and it was only clogging up my library. The tech said No, problem and he locked the Perseus resource for me, which removed it from my library. You may want to talk to Faithlife about what can be done before you go through the pain of hiding these books.

Posts 1518
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 27 2016 10:28 AM

Lonnie Spencer:

While I was working with the Faithlife tech on an issue with my hidden books, I had mentioned I wish I had not downloaded the free Perseus collection because I was not using it at all and it was only clogging up my library. The tech said No, problem and he locked the Perseus resource for me, which removed it from my library. You may want to talk to Faithlife about what can be done before you go through the pain of hiding these books.

Yes, this is the real solution. I did this too. I really was hoping Logos would somehow fix this issue.

Posts 570
HansK | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 27 2016 12:58 PM

I encountered problems when hiding books. Now I have unhidden them all.

Following the logs, Logos checks the library for hidden books every time you start up. There must be a way to delete books from your library, but that can be restored by you. WS has a section where you can see your licenced books and can download them as you wish.

MacOS Sierra / Logos 7 Collector's Edition & All Base Packages / Logos Now

Posts 24548
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 27 2016 1:58 PM

Hans K:
Following the logs, Logos checks the library for hidden books every time you start up

True - but on my system (where I have around 350 hidden books) this check takes less than quarter of a second. So not a big overhead

Hans K:
There must be a way to delete books from your library, but that can be restored by you

The only mechanism to do this is using the hide mechanism

Posts 9063
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 27 2016 11:20 PM

Graham Criddle:

Hans K:
Following the logs, Logos checks the library for hidden books every time you start up

True - but on my system (where I have around 350 hidden books) this check takes less than quarter of a second. So not a big overhead

Also, that check is only performed if logging is enabled. (It's an extra diagnostic step so that Tech Support has additional information to help identify why a resource may not be available.)

Posts 24548
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 27 2016 11:53 PM

Thanks Bradley

I didn't know that

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 28 2016 5:23 AM

I just removed the entire Perseus collection at once doing what wiki said to do. It was very easy and painless.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS