Anyone use Linux for PB Creation?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2753
DominicM | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jul 2 2016 10:39 AM

Does anyone who creates Personal books do so under any Linux variant, and if so which office suite do you use for it?

I know the compile and viewing has do be done under windows, but am only looking at creation at this point

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 1433
HJ. van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 2 2016 2:50 PM

Shalom DominicM!

I have Ubuntu Linux (16.04) installed on my spare computer. Ubuntu comes with LibreOffice which I also use on my main computer (Windows 10).

When the PB is finished I save it as an .docx file. Otherwise I always use the OpenDocument Text (.odt) file format.

The only real issue I have encountered is that I have not been able to succesfully create an (all) hebrew personal book. Everything looks fine in LibreOffice but when I try to compile the PB in Logos the hebrew text is in the wrong order. It has been some time however since I last tried to do so and I also don't know how well this works with other office suites. I have not had any troubles creating personal books in western European languages.

Posts 64
Hermann Fritz | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 2 2016 3:25 PM

Maybe, the solution I found a year ago may help in this issue. I quote from the forum entry:

Word turns Hebrew in the first step from left to right . Save this Docx file
back to PDF. Then convert this file back into Docx . Voila , Hebrew is then from right to left .

I hope, you have a good Sunday. Greetings from Cologne,
Hermann 

Here is the discussion:

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/99224.aspx?PageIndex=1

Posts 2753
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 4 2016 1:26 PM

Thanks Henrik, I have no Hebrew, so will be OK I think

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS