Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 36
William Middleton | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jul 9 2016 7:45 AM

Greetings all.

I have 3 silly questions and I thank you in advance for helping.

1) Just updated to verbum 6, is it safe to uninstall logos 5?

2) Just got Verbum now as well, how do you know what new resources you get and the books?  I have a huge library and it would not be easy to look through and say ahha that's a new book.

3) For the life of me I cannot find the Pauline letter resource.

Thank you all so much for helping and understanding this new version is new to me.  Taking the 30 day course just now but I don't think it helps with these 3 questions and I am sure I will have more...

Sincerely,

Guardianwill

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord

Posts 3579
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 9 2016 8:47 AM

I don't have Verbum Now so I'll someone else will tackle those questions, but the Pauline Letters resource is a harmony. Type harmony letters into the find box of your library window this should call up this resource.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.6 1TB SSD 

Posts 36
William Middleton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 9 2016 9:17 AM

Thank you so much.  wow learned something new--not hard though I am sure there are many many things to learn.  wish there was a quick sheet to all these codes for verbum 6.  Nevertheless, I apologize for my ignorance, but not sure if that is quite the addition I was expecting from verbum now and Pauline letters.

Parallel Passages in the Pauline Letters

Explore the Pauline letters like never before with the Parallel Passages in the Pauline Letters resource. We’ve thematically organized Paul’s letters for quick comparison and in-depth study. Explore the differences in each of the Pauline greeting formulas; find where Paul shares his longing to visit the Romans, Corinthians, Thessalonians, and Philemon; or see everywhere Paul talks about the relationship between Adam and Christ. If you’re studying Paul, this is an essential resource to quickly see and compare his perspective on a range of specific topics.

Posts 36
William Middleton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 9 2016 9:48 AM

Another silly question,

Since I started July 8th, would I have missed the June updates to verbum now?  If so, how could I get these updates added?  I understand I missed the free book previews for June but I would think if you joined after the fact off adding these additional resources they would automatically be added and for some reason I just don't see a lot of them from June or previous months... For example, besides for the Pauline letter narrative resource I see my character map is not version 2 but the original. Thanks again to all!

Guardianwill

Posts 30878
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 9 2016 12:43 PM

William Middleton:
Since I started July 8th, would I have missed the June updates to verbum now?  If so, how could I get these updates added?

That isn't how "Now" works. Logos (or Verbum) Now is a service. Part of the service includes free monthly previews. Those are only available during the calendar month in which they are being offered. Another benefit is access to FUTURE features NOW (hence the name). ALL of the "Verbum" features should be available to you from day 1. The only clarification that should be made: The features go to beta first, then are released to stable ~6 weeks later. I don't use most of these features, and can't speak about the one you referenced. If it is available to Verbum Now (Stable channel), you should have access to it right away. A FL employee or more regular LN/VN user might have to chime in. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 13428
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 9 2016 12:47 PM

William Middleton:
Just updated to verbum 6, is it safe to uninstall logos 5?

If you downloaded Verbum from the Verbum website, and you have all your resources installed, you can safely uninstall Logos 5. Don't uninstall the Logos 5 pre-requisites, though.

William Middleton:
Just got Verbum now as well, how do you know what new resources you get and the books?  I have a huge library and it would not be easy to look through and say ahha that's a new book.

That's not easy. Lots of us tag or rate resources so we know that anything untagged or unrated is new.

There is a Faithlife group you can join called Logos Product Collections. Once you've joined, you can click on the documents tab and copy a collection to your account (e.g. Verbum 6 Master). That might help you to see which resources are in that product, but it won't show you which ones you already owned, and which are new.

William Middleton:
For the life of me I cannot find the Pauline letter resource

The Parallel Passages in Pauline Letters you've now found. To get the most out of the resource, make sure the table of contents panel is showing (press CTRL+SHIFT+C or use the resource menu - i.e. click on the book cover at the top left of the open resource).

William Middleton:
Since I started July 8th, would I have missed the June updates to verbum now? 

No. Verbum Now is cumulative (except the resource previews). So whenever you join, you should get everything. You should have 13 character maps (I think). Click the Overview button to see them all. If you only have a few, that's most likely to be a licencing problem. Do you have access to the Concordance and other Verbum Now goodies?

This is my personal Faithlife account. On 1 March 2022, I started working for Faithlife, and have a new 'official' user account. Posts on this account shouldn't be taken as official Faithlife views!

Posts 36
William Middleton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 9 2016 5:21 PM

Thank you for your help.  After restarting and restarting as well as waiting for 24 hours, there are quite a few more items available now.  Maybe you can answer this too.  I am going through their 30 day training program and I already had a reading plan.  I created another to match the training program for Matthew and it was there until I decided to read my original reading plan and then it just vanished into thin air.  How come?  Are you allowed only one active reading plan?  Thanks.

Posts 30878
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 9 2016 6:56 PM

William Middleton:
Are you allowed only one active reading plan?

No. You can have as many as you want.

William Middleton:
I created another to match the training program for Matthew and it was there until I decided to read my original reading plan and then it just vanished into thin air.  How come?

I don't know if there is a bug, or if there is something you aren't understanding. Do you know how to find documents? If so, see if the reading plan document is still there. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS