Salt and Light

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2166
Beloved | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jul 12 2016 10:38 PM

Weapons of Mass Destruction are in the hands of a society though technologically informed and functioning at genius level functions at a troubled High School sophomore's level relationally. 

The Church is armed with Truth that can transform this wayward society and its institutions. I know this is not the Christian Discourse forum, so I framed this as a lead up to my resource question.

Can anyone recommend great works on the subject of sociology especially as it impacts societal institutions and governance from a Christian perspective? These titles should preferably be in Logos, but other formats are acceptable.

Thank you in advance.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 623
JAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 13 2016 4:29 AM

Some suggestions are available in the threads linked from this post: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/122583/801122.aspx#801122

"The Christian mind is the prerequisite of Christian thinking. And Christian thinking is the prerequisite of Christian action." - Harry Blamires, 1963

Posts 623
JAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 13 2016 4:48 AM

Books by Christian sociologists and classic sociologists of religion: Peter Berger, James Davison Hunter, David Lyon, Zygmunt Bauman, and others

"The Christian mind is the prerequisite of Christian thinking. And Christian thinking is the prerequisite of Christian action." - Harry Blamires, 1963

Posts 2166
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 13 2016 6:03 AM

JAL:
Some suggestions are available in the threads linked from this post: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/122583/801122.aspx#801122

Thanks JAL,

I do miss Rosie. Does anyone know how she is doing? Was this her last post?

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 623
JAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 13 2016 7:13 AM

Rosie posted on May 26 this year.

To find a community forums member's latest post click on the Forum Activity link at the top of every post. I have a few bookmarked so I can quickly browse the latest contributions of my favorite forums members.

Posts 448
Dave Moser | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 13 2016 7:20 AM

Beloved:
Can anyone recommend great works on the subject of sociology especially as it impacts societal institutions and governance from a Christian perspective? These titles should preferably be in Logos, but other formats are acceptable.

Among Vern Poythress' series of Redeeming [Subject] books is Redeeming Sociology. You might find it differs from the more integrationist approaches to Christian sociology. (This link is truly free - Poythress posts most of his books for free online as a matter of principle.)

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS