Only Permanent Licenses Showing in Library

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 127
Wayne Clarke | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jul 16 2016 3:12 AM

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this, but sometime in the last 4-5 days all of my Temporary licenses have converted to Permanent licenses.

At minimum, I normally have around two dozen plus Temporary licenses most of which are because I am a Logos Now subscriber.  As of this moment, all of those Logos Now resources and features are showing as Permanent.

Specifically, of the five books included in the Logos Now preview for July, I own one of the resources (EEC - 1&2 Samuel), but I do not own the other four books (Every Waking Hour, Every Good Thing, God Behind the Scenes, and Between the Cross and the Throne).  The four books that I do not own are now showing as Permanent licenses.  Just less than a week ago the four books were listed as Temporary licenses.

Additionally, all of the Logos Now features which have always shown as Temporary are now showing as Permanent.  Logos Now Interactives (e.g. Hebrew Bible Manuscript Explorer, Speaking to God) have always shown as Temporary licenses; however, now they are all showing as Permanent.

I am wondering if something got messed up with the license type this past Tuesday when it appears that the majority of the Logos Now features were updated according to my library "Last Updated" column. That said, it might be an explanation for the Logos Now features but the Logos Now books that are temporary for the month of July are showing as being updated on June 30, 2016.

Or, could it be something that was changed from the Logos 6 recent application update (6.13) released on July 11, 2016?

Posts 2338
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 16 2016 3:53 AM

That's a display error. I reported it to the forum before, but I don't think it was picked up. Or fixing it might be low priority.

https://community.logos.com/forums/p/124726/813953.aspx

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 127
Wayne Clarke | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 16 2016 4:48 AM

Jan,

I had read your post when it first went up.  I might be wrong, but I think this is a different issue because it is also affecting the license type displayed for all of the Logos Now features (not just the monthly Logos Now books).

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 16 2016 5:29 AM

I'm seeing this as well. I first noticed around the time the Logos Now previews were set to change for July, so I put it down to a glitch that would fix itself eventually; never realized it was still around until your post. All of the LN resources are showing as permanent. The only resource showing as Temporary in my library right now is The Sabbath Experiment (from the Wipf & Stock Faithlife group).

Posts 1714
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 16 2016 5:53 AM

Confirming this, also. I have Now and see only one Temporary license, Daily Help by Spurgeon, which I assume is Now-related.

Win 10 Android 9 Fire OS 5

Posts 8051
LogosEmployee

Wayne Clarke:
As of this moment, all of those Logos Now resources and features are showing as Permanent.

Thanks for reporting this problem. All of those licenses should be showing up as “Temporary”. I've filed a case for us to investigate.

Posts 2764
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 16 2016 8:53 AM

I think that this is effecting every Logos Now user. I just looked at mine, and noticed the same thing.

Posts 8051
LogosEmployee

We've identified the system that's returning incorrect data and the appropriate team has been notified.

Posts 127
Wayne Clarke | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 16 2016 5:26 PM

Thank-you Bradley!

Posts 13
LogosEmployee
Nate Merritt (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 18 2016 5:55 PM

The issue has been resolved.  Please let us know if you still experience issues.

Posts 2764
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 18 2016 6:05 PM

Nate Merritt (Faithlife):

The issue has been resolved.  Please let us know if you still experience issues.

Hi Nate;

I don't believe that we as end users were experiencing any immediate detrimental effects from this, other than the thought of what possibly could occur from this in the months to come. Thanks for bringing the library back into harmony. Smile

Posts 128
Pete De Bonte | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 20 2016 8:38 PM

Erwin Stull, Sr.:
I don't believe that we as end users were experiencing any immediate detrimental effects from this

I also had the permanent-temporary problem, but now I've lost a couple of permanent licenses that I've had for a long time.

Robert M. Warren:
I have Now and see only one Temporary license, Daily Help by Spurgeon, which I assume is Now-related.

I'm not a Logos Now user, but I've had Daily Help since 2014, and today I noticed that it is gone. I found this thread by searching for that title: could Faithlife have over-corrected?

The other is "Meltho fonts user guide" that has been in my library since at least sometime in 2015, and it disappeared after a free-trial ended a couple weeks ago. At that point, I hadn't lost "Daily Help" yet. I've been planning to call tech support about that, but I've been too busy lately to wait on hold during business hours (even Faithlife's generous hours!)

Erwin Stull, Sr.:
…other than the thought of what possibly could occur from this in the months to come.

Yeah, that is the greater concern. The only way I've noticed these two needles in the haystack is that the Library's count of "license:perm" decremented, and thankfully I tagged all books before the trial and later saved them as a bibliography, which I've exported as a text file, sorted, and can now diff against a similar export from the current library. There are numerous books for which those bibliographies have only "(n.d.)" [what does that mean?], so I'm glad none of those have gone missing, or I'd have no idea what was lost. Moreover, the library doesn't show datasets, which would thus be difficult to detect or diagnose. Heh, you know you have too much stuff when you don't know what or if any of it is missing : >

Posts 2097
LogosEmployee

Pete De Bonte:

Erwin Stull, Sr.:
I don't believe that we as end users were experiencing any immediate detrimental effects from this

I also had the permanent-temporary problem, but now I've lost a couple of permanent licenses that I've had for a long time.

Robert M. Warren:
I have Now and see only one Temporary license, Daily Help by Spurgeon, which I assume is Now-related.

I'm not a Logos Now user, but I've had Daily Help since 2014, and today I noticed that it is gone. I found this thread by searching for that title: could Faithlife have over-corrected?

The other is "Meltho fonts user guide" that has been in my library since at least sometime in 2015, and it disappeared after a free-trial ended a couple weeks ago. At that point, I hadn't lost "Daily Help" yet. I've been planning to call tech support about that, but I've been too busy lately to wait on hold during business hours (even Faithlife's generous hours!)

Erwin Stull, Sr.:
…other than the thought of what possibly could occur from this in the months to come.

Yeah, that is the greater concern. The only way I've noticed these two needles in the haystack is that the Library's count of "license:perm" decremented, and thankfully I tagged all books before the trial and later saved them as a bibliography, which I've exported as a text file, sorted, and can now diff against a similar export from the current library. There are numerous books for which those bibliographies have only "(n.d.)" [what does that mean?], so I'm glad none of those have gone missing, or I'd have no idea what was lost. Moreover, the library doesn't show datasets, which would thus be difficult to detect or diagnose. Heh, you know you have too much stuff when you don't know what or if any of it is missing : >

Start by entering the update resources command in the command bar at the top of the main window, and see if that corrects the problem.

Also, this thread may have some information: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/127878.aspx

Posts 2338
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 20 2016 10:35 PM

Pete De Bonte:
The other is "Meltho fonts user guide" that has been in my library since at least sometime in 2015, and it disappeared after a free-trial ended a couple weeks ago.

Have you re-installed Logos since then? The Meltho Fonts User Guide does not download automatically, but needs to be copied to the resources folder on a fresh Logos installation.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 2764
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 21 2016 8:28 AM

Pete De Bonte:

Heh, you know you have too much stuff when you don't know what or if any of it is missing : >

I wouldn't say that anyone has TOO much stuff in their library. I would just say that it has grown to be more powerful today, than it was yesterday. Smile

I have learned to use Logos Library Reporter (LLR) in order to keep track of most of the changes in the library, since memorizing the titles of thousands of resources is just about impossible.

Check this thread for information on LLR. https://community.logos.com/forums/t/85971.aspx

and this website. http://l4libreport.clark-tx.net/

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS