Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 270
Stein Dahl | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Mar 2 2010 12:56 PM

I have several Bible Commentaries in Logos (3 & 4) which are in a series format.  And in L3 I've created a Serial Recource association for my latest one - The Bible Speaks Today, NT

So far - so good.

Now, the problem I'm having is that when I click on the parallel resources button for The Bible Speaks Today, NT commentary set and the menu opens so I can go to another book in the series, I have this long menu with lot's of blank entries - and way down at the bottom of the menu are the Bible Speaks Today books.

How can I get all of the blank entries to go away and have it show me only the entries for The Bible Speaks Today? 

Posts 26816
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 5 2010 5:08 AM

1. Generally, you do not need to create a Serial Resource Association for a commentary set in L3. Delete it to Recycle Bin and see if you can go from one volume to another in the set using a different passage.

2. If you have define a Parallel Resource Association (PRA)  for commentaries it might be that some of those no longer exist (or have been accidentally deleted from your hard drive). Remove any PRA and try again.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 270
Stein Dahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 5 2010 1:36 PM

Thanks for the tips.  Your suggestions got me trying a few new things and I found that what I was really trying to do was to create a Parallel Resource Association from a Serial Resource.

So, if you want to create a Parallel Resource Association for a Commentary that is in a series format, the easiest way to get it to work is to open the Define Resource Association dialog and start by clicking the Serial radio button, then on the left hand side of the dialog find your serial resource, add all the books to the right hand side, rename it what you want it to be called, then save it as a Parallel Resource Association.

The result is that when you open the resource you'll get only that resource on the menu when you click the Parallel Resources button.  And no blank entries on the menu either.  Works pretty well.

So, again, you take a Serial resource and save it as a Parallel Resource Association.  This will give you proper menus in Logos 3.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS