Page 3 of 5 (89 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 88 Replies | 14 Followers

Posts 2745
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 11 2010 8:01 AM

I think I like your suggestion Philip. I am not sure how much it would technically complicate whole thing, but that is not up to me to know Smile

Bohuslav

Posts 20
William Baptiste SFO | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 12 2010 1:37 PM

Gabriel Powell:
I agree with Peter... one simple highlighter should be sufficient first time around.
Gabriel Powell:
But the important thing in addition to highlighting is making sure it syncs to the computer.
April Strong:
Ditto!!!  Pretty please, Logos.  This one is really valuable.

Peace Be With All on Logos Forums!

I am glad people agree with me on the importance of just getting the basic highlighting functionality working on iPhone as soon as possible - fancier highlighting, and even notes, which would be awkward to do much on a small iPhone anyway, are a much lower priority. 

The voices are getting more shrill...Logos, give us highlighting, or we die!Big Smile

May the LORD bless and keep you all

Glory be to Jesus Christ!  Glory be Forever!

-- brotherunity@ymail.com -- http://christian-unity-in-diversity.ourchur.ch/

Posts 196
John Eggen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 12 2010 2:21 PM

I read a lot of books on my iPod touch now.  I find myself trying to select text and hit highlight or note in Logos all the time.  PLEASE let me make notes on my devotional readings or at least highlight things I find important.  Pretty please?

Posts 264
Michael G. Halpern | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 15 2010 11:28 AM

YesYesYes

Posts 1145
William | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 15 2010 11:30 AM

Michael G. Halpern:

YesYesYes

me2

Posts 196
John Eggen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 24 2010 9:02 PM

Still wishing for even a basic highlighting functionality.  I want to read in my Logos app since it stays in sync with my reading plans and library, but am increasingly looking at other apps that have highlighting.  I certainly am not looking for books I want to just read on Logos anymore.  I know it isn't billed as a e-book reader, but this is a function, and I think one of the primary functions of the iPhone app for some of us.  If I want to do research I will use the full functionality of my computer.  If I want to read on the go, I will use the iPhone app and spend my time wishing I could make markups.

Posts 1723
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 24 2010 9:20 PM

John Eggen:
Still wishing for even a basic highlighting functionality.

Coming in a future release. This isn't simple, and for various technical reasons is dependent on our porting our primary display engine...which first needs "pagination" support, etc. It's underway.

Posts 226
Kurt Trucksess | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 24 2010 9:40 PM

Bob, thanks for keeping us up to date on this. Many of us are looking for highlighting, notes and clippings. I find myself using my iPad for reading more than my mac. It would be nice to have some of those basic features. Can you share with us a roadmap of a few planned features? If not a roadmap, is there a planned regular update schedule like the mac alpha? If not, would it be possible to have one? Kurt

Dr. Kurt Trucksess www.christ2Rculture.com
Posts 3004
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 27 2010 10:02 AM

Bob Pritchett:

John Eggen:
Still wishing for even a basic highlighting functionality.

Coming in a future release. This isn't simple, and for various technical reasons is dependent on our porting our primary display engine...which first needs "pagination" support, etc. It's underway.

Thanks, Bob, for working on this even though it's not simple.

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 14
Neal Price | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 19 2010 9:11 PM

Holy cow...  I know it's not simple and all, but I REALLY need it!!  I'm in seminary online, and the books being on LOGOS is INCREDIBLE; however, without being able to highlight key points or make some notes, I have to stick with regular books...  *sigh*

Any fresh news on when this might happen?

Thanks for making LOGOS amazing!

Posts 15
Alejandro Gonzalez | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 22 2010 10:47 AM

What I do is the following (probably mentioned before):

1 - Create an Evernote Account

2 - Create an Email Address linking my Evernote Account so whatever I email go to Evernote

3 - When I find a passage of interest in my Ipad/Iphone, etc.. I click the passage, then do "Share", then I note what I want to note and email it to my Evernote Account

Once a week, I review my Evernote Account on my Desktop and add the highlight/notes to the Logos 4 Desktop (forces me to review what I learned that week). 

So, it is a pretty crude, but workable way to adding notes/evernote integration into Logos 4 Ipad/Iphone.

Posts 184
lostlogik | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 22 2010 2:17 PM

Alejandro Gonzalez:

What I do is the following (probably mentioned before):

1 - Create an Evernote Account

2 - Create an Email Address linking my Evernote Account so whatever I email go to Evernote

3 - When I find a passage of interest in my Ipad/Iphone, etc.. I click the passage, then do "Share", then I note what I want to note and email it to my Evernote Account

Once a week, I review my Evernote Account on my Desktop and add the highlight/notes to the Logos 4 Desktop (forces me to review what I learned that week). 

So, it is a pretty crude, but workable way to adding notes/evernote integration into Logos 4 Ipad/Iphone.

I use Evernote but find the trouble with using the process you detail above is that invariably all I get with the "share" option is a hyperlink to the Logos marketing page for the iPhone app. NBG at all.

Posts 15
Alejandro Gonzalez | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 22 2010 3:20 PM

When you share using email, the subject line is the passage name (i.e. Proverbs 13:25, John 3:16, etc). Just change the email to include your "notes".  It is no where perfect, but it is how I get by until highlighting makes it in the app.

Posts 184
lostlogik | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 22 2010 11:31 PM

Alejandro Gonzalez:

When you share using email, the subject line is the passage name (i.e. Proverbs 13:25, John 3:16, etc). Just change the email to include your "notes".  It is no where perfect, but it is how I get by until highlighting makes it in the app.

That only works with bibles. Anything else just includes the title of the book, which isn't very helpful. But I can see for bibles it is a sort of cludge

Posts 2
Bishop Terence Sykes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 28 2010 9:29 AM

In addition to markups & highlighting, I'd like to see the "copy to clipboard" option added when you slide your finger up and the SHARE option reveals "Email | Twitter | Facebook" items to choose. Sometimes, I just want to include a verse or two in a note that I'm writing on my iPhone or share with a friend in a text message. Being able to copy to clipboard would make the text available in any other app I needed just by pasting. Overall, I love the Logos app for iPhone and am looking forward to having it on my iPad when I get that, as well.

Posts 196
John Eggen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 6 2010 7:56 AM

I hate to be a squeaky wheel... but any news on updates for markups in Logos?  I know the app itself is free, but personally I have a LOT of value tied up in books through Logos and would really like a better way to read my books on the go.  (Reading as in reading and making highlights/notes, etc)  The seemingly plateaued state of Logos for iPhone/iPad makes me reconsider continuing to expand my library with Logos.

Posts 996
LogosEmployee
Dave Dunkin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 6 2010 8:21 AM

The seemingly plateaued state of the app is because we were hitting the limits of what we could do with small changes and are now working on big changes, specifically integrating the full Logos display engine. Big changes take longer. Notes and highlighting are coming, just not as soon as we would all like. Thanks for your patience.

Posts 3004
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 6 2010 2:57 PM

Thanks for the update, Dave. We can hardly wait.

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 196
John Eggen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 6 2010 3:05 PM

Thanks for the update.  I can't wait to see what you have in store... especially if it makes its way onto my Android device ;)

Posts 37
steve haworth | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 12 2010 1:03 PM

brilliant ~ i'm very happy to hear highlighting is coming our way Big Smile SmileBig SmileSmile

Page 3 of 5 (89 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS