RIP Tim LaHaye

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3655
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jul 25 2016 3:05 PM

http://bit.ly/2a0oK4z 

Tim LaHaye, Author of 'Left Behind' Series, Passes Away at Age 90

Probably not a big seller on LOGOS or Vyrso, but many of us will remember him and his impact on the church.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 25 2016 4:15 PM

Tnanks.

]

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1576
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 25 2016 6:34 PM

One of the great Prophecy Teachers of all time as passed away and is now beholding the face of his sweet Lord Jesus.

The world will miss you Tim LaHaye, but we know that one day we will see you again when we meet in the air with Jesus Christ.

I loved his Biblical Teachings, especially on Prophecy.

Posts 787
James Hiddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 25 2016 6:42 PM

Whether or not you agree with his POV he did make people reconsider and think about Eschatology which was running dry in the church at the time the LB series came out.

A prayer for his family and friends.

Posts 8848
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 25 2016 7:01 PM

He certainly did impact the Christian world.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 528
Glenn Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 26 2016 12:37 AM

Whilst I disagreed with his Eschatology, I did appreciate the "Act of Marriage" that he wrote with his wife - that was very beneficial to us at the time of our Marriage (30+ years ago).

Pastor Glenn Crouch
St Paul's Lutheran Church
Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Western Australia

Posts 1382
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 26 2016 1:43 AM

Glenn Crouch:

Whilst I disagreed with his Eschatology, I did appreciate the "Act of Marriage" that he wrote with his wife - that was very beneficial to us at the time of our Marriage (30+ years ago).

I agree

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 418
Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 26 2016 2:30 AM

Thanks for letting us know of his death.  I enjoyed the Left Behind series for its energy, imagination and pushing the boundaries. He was a good writer.     

Posts 3024
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 26 2016 2:02 PM

Your comment goes for me as well.

mm.

Glenn Crouch:

mm.

Posts 142
David Medina | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 27 2016 2:18 PM

Pastor Tim LaHaye was my first pastor.

I became Christian while transiting the Panama Canal with the Navy. The ship arrived at San Diego and I immediately went to a local Bible store to get a new Bible. as a days old believer I asked the lady for a good Bible teaching church and she suggested Scott Memorial Baptist Church in San Diego. 

I attended the church until my ship was transferred to Mississippi.  God, in His sovereignty, lead me to be fed under pastor LaHaye so I could get my basics well. I am thankful for his faithfulness to the Word of God.  I believe his Act of Marriage is one of the best books on the subject.

Later on God took me throughout other churches as he worked in my life. 

I celebrate the life of Pastor LaHaye and it is exciting to know that he is now face to face with our God and have heard those wonderful words, "welcome home, good and faithful servant." Looking forward to that day.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS