Vote for Graphical Search!

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Mar 3 2010 7:51 AM

If this does not look familiar to you, then you don't know what you're missing. The Graphical Search in LDLS allowed for construction of searches that can't be performed by a Morph search (as the one above). It also was helpful to visually view the relationships between terms that might be difficult from a text search.

Vote for its return!
http://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-4/suggestions/511165-graphical-search?ref=title

Posts 26700
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 7 2010 4:31 AM

Kevin Becker:
Vote for its return!

I agree, but Bob P has already indicated that it will return (http://community.logos.com/forums/p/3389/91874.aspx)

Morphological Search in itself is a poor relation to L3's text search abilities, to which one could apply (the little known) Agreement Constraints. But the Graphical Query had a more sophisticated and approachable Agree term.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 7 2010 5:02 AM

Dave Hooton:

I agree, but Bob P has already indicated that it will return (http://community.logos.com/forums/p/3389/91874.aspx)

Morphological Search in itself is a poor relation to L3's text search abilities, to which one could apply (the little known) Agreement Constraints. But the Graphical Query had a more sophisticated and approachable Agree term.

I remember when he posted that. My understanding of UserVoice is to allow Logos to prioritize the development of features, even ones that have been promised. Graphical search seems to fly under most people's radar screens, just trying to make it more visible.

Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 7 2010 5:16 AM

Absolutely! Yes

I have only used Graphical Search a few times, when the complexity of what I was trying to search for syntactically was screwing up my mind. The Graphical Search facility was a godsend. The search facilities available on L3 are the reason that I won't be abandoning it any time soon. The GUI of L3 may be dated but what's under the hood more than compensates. Geeked

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 3.6GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.15.5; 1TB SSD; Logos 8

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.13.6; 256GB SSD; Logos 8

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 13.5.1

iPhone 8+ 64GB iOS 13.5.1

Posts 26700
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 8 2010 9:24 PM

Kevin Becker:
My understanding of UserVoice is to allow Logos to prioritize the development of features

It's the first I've heard about UserVoice. Where is this facility publicised?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 32505
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 8 2010 9:26 PM

Dave Hooton:

Do a search on posts by Bob P. - I'd say the post was a little over a week ago.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 8 2010 10:25 PM

I used the graphical query in L3 a lot. I wouldlove to see it return.

Posts 26700
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 8 2010 10:42 PM

MJ. Smith:

Dave Hooton:

Do a search on posts by Bob P. - I'd say the post was a little over a week ago.

Thanks. Found it at http://community.logos.com/forums/t/12621.aspx - which shows how often I get to the General forum!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 9
Paul Gibbs | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 20 2010 11:36 AM

I wonder how many votes we need to get this moved up on the agenda--does anyone know?

Posts 32505
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 20 2010 11:38 AM

Paul Gibbs:
--does anyone know?

Nope. As the feature is experimental I doubt that Logos has any idea of how many users will participate and, hence, what counts are meaningful. I've seen this approached (modified a bit) work well on music software so I keep pushing Logos users to participate.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS