Building a book

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 401
Sam West | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jul 31 2016 11:09 AM

You brethren that into book building I am having trouble finding my file I’m supposed to add. I recently upgraded to word 2016 and it won’t cooperate with me when I try to find a fill. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Sam West

Posts 2090
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 31 2016 2:50 PM

Are you PB documents in .docx format with a docx filename extension?  

Posts 25100
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 31 2016 3:06 PM

Sam West:
I am having trouble finding my file I’m supposed to add

If you click Add file... in the Personal Books tool it will look for .docx files in your default Documents folder. Try searching other folders e.g. in OneDrive.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 401
Sam West | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 1 2016 7:01 PM

after the book is built can you add commentary to it?

Posts 2851
Sascha John | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 1 2016 10:13 PM

you have to search where you saved your Word Dokument. Dit Word 2016 save as docx File?

Posts 25100
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 2 2016 6:20 AM

Sam West:

after the book is built can you add commentary to it?

You can make changes to the docx file(s) and then re-build the book.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 2851
Sascha John | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 2 2016 6:41 AM

dit'nt Work on it yet but try these

INPUT BOX

{{input id=QUESTION_1 | type=text | lines=10 | prompt=”Type your answer here.”}}

Than you can make Commentaries IN your Book

Posts 2851
Sascha John | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 2 2016 6:47 AM

don' ask me how it works

Posts 401
Sam West | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 2 2016 9:21 AM

Guys i am sorry I didn't explain myself. i built a book from one of  John Fallhees  webinars (rapture views) which was great material  but it wouldn't  let me add anything else. i wanted to add commentary from the 'BKC: that was related to the subject but it rejected it. I copied the material from BKC and pasted it in word (*docx) everything good. i clicked on add a file found the file opened it clicked on build and it rejected my BNC material.

I was here when Logos first brought in Book Building But i will have to admit this was my first time to attempt to build one. i found its a lot of fun but i don't know all the ends and outs yet. here is a link to johns website.   http://www.learnlogos.com/Default.asp

Thanks

Sam West

Posts 22091
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 2 2016 10:14 AM

Sam West:
i clicked on add a file found the file opened it clicked on build and it rejected my BNC material.

Are you able to post an extract of the BKC / BNC file in a reply to this thread? (use the paperclip icon)

Posts 401
Sam West | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 2 2016 10:39 AM

Graham Criddle:

Sam West:
i clicked on add a file found the file opened it clicked on build and it rejected my BNC material.

Are you able to post an extract of the BKC / BNC file in a reply to this thread? (use the paperclip icon)

Garham i have now idea how to post a picture or paperclip.  I wish i did. But i thought in Building a book you could add any thing you wanted into it.

Posts 22091
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 2 2016 10:47 AM

Sam West:
Garham i have now idea how to post a picture or paperclip.  I wish i did

See details at https://wiki.logos.com/Screenshot - particularly at the bottom of the article

Sam West:
But i thought in Building a book you could add any thing you wanted into it.

Most things, yes, but it seems there is a problem with the content you have and I was suggesting we could have a look to try and find out what it is.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS