Vyrso's new market ? Cosmo Answers 200 Naughty Sex Questions

Page 1 of 2 (29 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 28 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 6004
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 2 2016 2:49 AM

This is what happens when you run an international business as a hobby....  you end up with "cheap" titles in your catalouge

https://vyrso.com/product/121730/200-questions-about-sex-answered-in-20-words-or-less

Posts 532
Nord Zootman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 2 2016 4:42 AM

Sad Sad

Posts 2071
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 2 2016 4:46 AM

Cash flow problems? Fix with L7 instead.

Windows 10 (L9 Beta) | Android 9 (phone - L9 Beta) | Fire OS 7 (tablet - L9 Stable)

There are four lights

Posts 2910
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 2 2016 5:03 AM

Maybe that's a test run for including secular books in Vyrso, which was discussed I think last year.

Interestingly, that's the only title included from Cosmo Books. I reckon the logic which titles to filter out is inverse by error.

(I'm tempted to buy this just to receive an apology later on. :)

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Seminary Student (VIU).
Christian Debate Forum --- Auferstanden! Blog

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 2 2016 5:09 AM

Giving FL the benefit of the doubt, I suspect this was an oversight in their Vyrso book filtering system. 

If Dracula was removed from Noet by popular demand, I'm doubtful this was an intentional addition! Smile

Posts 1376
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 2 2016 5:17 AM

Paul-C:
Giving FL the benefit of the doubt, I suspect this was an oversight in their Vyrso book filtering system. 

IIRC the process of creating a Vyrso book is almost entirely automatic--probably a wrong book got pushed from a wronger publisher or something. I'd certainly give them the benefit of several doubts on this one.

Posts 1586
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 2 2016 5:35 AM

Yikes...Indifferent

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 1608
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 2 2016 6:22 AM

This has to be an error or oversight, but boy, what a BIG ERROR!

Am sure people have already bought this one!!!!!!

This needs to be IMMEDIATELY removed!

Posts 2910
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 2 2016 6:37 AM

Maybe the Song of Solomon once made it into the canon through a similar incident... ;)

Doc, I'm curious, which search term did you use to come across this title? :)

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Seminary Student (VIU).
Christian Debate Forum --- Auferstanden! Blog

Posts 1770
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 2 2016 8:11 AM

Thanks. I've passed this along and we'll work on getting it pulled.

Posts 1608
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 2 2016 9:10 AM

Thanks Kyle G. Anderson

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 2 2016 9:26 AM

Jan Krohn:

Doc, I'm curious, which search term did you use to come across this title? :)

Good question! Big Smile

Posts 30484
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 2 2016 10:23 AM

Such that the book was "on sale," DOC probably was likely just looking through the sale items. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1723
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 2 2016 11:48 AM

We'll look into how that happened.

My guess...

We're working with the major secular publishers to offer whatever books we want from their catalog at https://ebooks.noet.com/ (A few publishers are there already, and others should follow.)

This will allow us to offer the titles that our customers have asked for, as well as to offer a broader range of books for use in the Christian colleges and seminaries that are standardizing on Logos as an ebook platform. (Many courses at Christian schools require books that aren't specifically from a Christian publisher.)

This is based on the same technology stack as Vyrso, and while we intend to keep the catalogs separate, something must have leaked through here.

The good news is that while the automated publishing feeds (that go to Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and all the digital booksellers) will send us publishers' entire catalogs, we will filter out inappropriate content. Because of the volume, this will start by category, and occasionally something may slip through that doesn't have accurate metadata, but we'll try to be responsive and as careful as possible.

Clearly we messed up in this case, though -- we're sorry about that and will address both this title and the underlying cause ASAP.

Posts 532
Nord Zootman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 2 2016 11:58 AM

Thanks Bob!

Posts 35581
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 2 2016 1:59 PM

Bob Pritchett:
This will allow us to offer the titles that our customers have asked for, as well as to offer a broader range of books for use in the Christian colleges and seminaries that are standardizing on Logos as an ebook platform.

Yes

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 13428
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 2 2016 2:33 PM

Bob Pritchett:
We're working with the major secular publishers to offer whatever books we want from their catalog at https://ebooks.noet.com/ (A few publishers are there already, and others should follow.

That's good news. If your prices are right, that will reduce my Kindle spending.

This is my personal Faithlife account. On 1 March 2022, I started working for Faithlife, and have a new 'official' user account. Posts on this account shouldn't be taken as official Faithlife views!

Posts 6776
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 2 2016 7:12 PM

Bob Pritchett:
We're working with the major secular publishers to offer whatever books we want from their catalog at https://ebooks.noet.com/ (A few publishers are there already, and others should follow.)

Bob, I would be interested in having these results show up in the main Logos website, by checking a box (off by default) when searching for a title or a subject.

Lynden Williams Communications

Posts 6004
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 3 2016 12:30 AM

I was just looking at all books sorted by lowest to high price and filtered for locked books only to display.

Posts 6004
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 3 2016 1:12 AM

Bob Pritchett:
We'll look into how that happened.

Thanks Bob for replying, I have no doubt this was a process error on some level and know you would never intend to include this in your active list of titles.

Bob Pritchett:

This is a good thing.  This is something that you talked about doing with the LDLS in the Libronix days so it is good to see this finally getting off the ground.

Page 1 of 2 (29 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS