New feature: Talk to Faithlife on your Amazon Echo!

Page 2 of 5 (93 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 92 Replies | 14 Followers

Posts 363
Batman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 5 2016 10:31 PM

OK, so why is Alexa cool, and Cortana (sp?) annoying? 

More serious question: does this all work with the new Echo Dot? 

Posts 391
Geo Philips | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 6 2016 4:06 PM

Dustin, thanks for this skill but I do not have an Echo.

Would it be possible to hook up these skills to IFTTT? Then, it opens up a world of possibilities!

Posts 1010
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 6 2016 5:01 PM

This does not appear to be available in the U.K. Yet.

Posts 206
James Hudson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 8 2017 12:06 PM

Dustin Masters:

Amazon has approved the skill for distribution in the UK.

Hi Dustin,

Happy new year!

This is still not showing up in list of skills (tried searching for Logos and Faithlife and bible etc) as of today (8th Jan 2017) in UK.

Do these things usually take a while?

James

Posts 621
Dave Thawley | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 9 2017 7:09 AM

Dustin Masters:

Amazon has approved the skill for distribution in the UK.

Hi Dustin, thanks for doing this. I didn't know about this skill so I can't wait to try it out :-) 

Posts 621
Dave Thawley | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 9 2017 8:22 AM

Still can't see it in the UK ? Any idea when it will be available.

Posts 10
Jack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 9 2017 8:26 AM

When I say the following:

Alexa "Ask Faith Life, what are my readings for today"

Alexa responds with "You have no reading for today".

Yet - I have Logos7 and have Faith Life study bible loaded on my Android with a plan to read the bible in a year. I see others have the same issue but I don't see anyone offering a solution.

Posts 10
Jack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 9 2017 8:44 AM

It does work with Echo Dot but I am having difficulty with reading plans. Other documented features work.

Posts 107
LogosEmployee
Dustin Masters | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 9 2017 9:27 AM

Sorry about the "no readings" issue, I just shipped a fix.

How it works: Alexa picks the latest reading plan you have joined, and checks if there are any unread readings. It then reads out today's reading and marks it as read for you.

I'm unsure why the skill is still unavailable in the UK, is it visible here? https://www.amazon.com/Faithlife-Corporation/dp/B01J6U1ABM 

Posts 107
LogosEmployee
Dustin Masters | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 9 2017 9:28 AM

If you're curious about what reading plans you have joined, you can visit https://documents.logos.com and "Disconnect" from the ones you no longer want.

Posts 206
James Hudson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 9 2017 12:17 PM

Dustin Masters:
I'm unsure why the skill is still unavailable in the UK, is it visible here? https://www.amazon.com/Faithlife-Corporation/dp/B01J6U1ABM 

Yes it is visible there but not active (instead a link is provided to the generic uk skills page on amazon.co.uk) - However, it is not yet showing on that amazon.co.uk page !

I know there's nothing you can probably do at your end as it seems to be an amazon issue, but it seems to have taken a long time since you activated it for UK use back in November!

Posts 621
Dave Thawley | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 9 2017 3:47 PM

I've just spoke to a person at amazon.co.uk . They have told me that the skill isn't on the uk catalog at the moment but they will add it for us.

Here is the transcript, less formatting because I can't work out how to copy it ......

Vishal:Hello, my name is Vishal. I'll be happy to help you today. Me:hi Vishal:I understand that you would like to know regarding the faith life skill. Me:yes, thats it :-) Vishal:May I place this chat on hold for 2 minutes while I check this for you? Me:thanks no problem at all Vishal:Thank you for staying connected. I've checked from my end and see that this skill is still not released in UK. Thank you for bringing this to our notice. I will take this as a feedback and forward this to our catalogue team to add this in the UK website. Me:Thats great, thanks for doing this. Any idea how long the process takes ? Vishal:Once it is updated, you will see it on the website. I will make sure that this skill is added on the website. Me: Thats great, thanks Vishal:Your patience and understanding is highly appreciated in this regard. Me: Thanks Ill check back in a few days then Vishal:You're most welcome. Please let me know if there is anything else that I may assist you with today? Sure.
Posts 763
David A Egolf | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 9 2017 8:35 PM

Dustin Masters:

Sorry about the "no readings" issue, I just shipped a fix.

How it works: Alexa picks the latest reading plan you have joined, and checks if there are any unread readings. It then reads out today's reading and marks it as read for you.

I am using an Echo.  I enabled the skill earlier today, but I was unable to use reading plans.  I have now disabled it, then enabled it again with the same result.  Alexa says: "Sorry, I'm having trouble accessing your Faithlife skill right now."  This has been occurring for several hours.

Posts 120
Gary Mendenhall | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 9 2017 11:55 PM

I keep getting the same response as you David and it's been for a couple of hours, that I'm aware of, here in California.

Posts 10
Jack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 10 2017 3:46 AM

I am also getting ""Sorry, I'm having trouble accessing your Faithlife skill right now.". Have not tried today yet but most of yesterday afternoon.

Posts 10
Jack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 10 2017 4:37 AM

Yes - Alexa  works with Logos 7.

Posts 10
Jack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 10 2017 4:43 AM

What else would you like to see this skill do for you?

How about connecting Alexa to a Greek or Hebrew Lexicon to get definition of a biblical term. Not sure exactly how it would work but seems possible.

How about reading a commentary on a specific verse?

Posts 2021
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 10 2017 8:45 AM

Dustin Masters:
If you link your Faithlife account, you can also ask:

How do you link the faithlife account?

Posts 763
David A Egolf | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 10 2017 9:43 AM

When you enable the skill you will be presented with a screen asking you to login to your Faithlife account.  After you submit your Faithlife credentials, it tells you that the accounts are linked. 

I did this once through my iPad app.  Since it didn't get me connected to the reading plan, I subsequently disabled and re-enabled using a web browser connected to Amazon on Windows 10.  I am still not connected to my reading plan, as reported above.

I did get Alexa to read the first assignment by manually asking her to read Genesis 1 through 3.  I wish I could get her to slow up!  I'll have to look more carefully on the app for that control.

Posts 2021
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 10 2017 9:47 AM

Thanks David

Page 2 of 5 (93 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS