August 22nd Special LOGOS Event . . .What could it be?

Page 7 of 9 (177 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next >
This post has 176 Replies | 9 Followers

Posts 389
James C. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 9:14 AM

Was up but now says "Server Maintenance".

Posts 705
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 9:20 AM

James C.:

Was up but now says "Server Maintenance".

They are being slammed, no doubt. My question is how to buy just a book library (since I am a Logos Now member) versus buying a package that includes both books and Logos 7 features. I didn't see that on the website for the few minutes it was up.

Posts 13386
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 9:26 AM

JH:
They are being slammed, no doubt. My question is how to buy just a book library (since I am a Logos Now member) versus buying a package that includes both books and Logos 7 features. I didn't see that on the website for the few minutes it was up.

If you're a Logos Now member, it won't let you buy a package that has both books and features. It only allows you to purchase a books-only package.

I guess that if you ever cancel your LN subscription, you'd be then able to buy the features with dynamic pricing. In the meantime, you'd gain nothing from the books-and-features-package.

Posts 273
LogosEmployee
Glenn Airoldi (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 9:26 AM

Anyone who is already a Logos Now member, and logged in while browsing the site, will see that there is no price shown next to the Logos 7 Full Feature Set, because the site will be selling them ONLY the library.  You can be sure by simply adding to cart.  If your base package purchase includes a feature set and a library, you will see both in your cart.  

Posts 2482
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 9:27 AM

Please paste interesting screenshots here in case anyone manages to access logos.com (base package contents, pricing etc.)

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 705
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 9:29 AM

Jan Krohn:

Please paste interesting screenshots here in case anyone manages to access logos.com (base package contents, pricing etc.)

I did see several sets from my wishlist included now in the highest Reformed package. I also saw Jonathan Edwards as part of that package now as well. Before I could see more, the site went down. So far, it looks promising. Waiting to get back on...

Posts 389
James C. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 9:33 AM

Posts 389
James C. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 9:35 AM

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 9:38 AM

Ways to get Logos 7:

Posts 391
Geo Philips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 9:44 AM

I have to say its getting pretty repetitive for the Logos site to get hammered whenever there is a major event.

For a company with a major push towards cloud-based features, that is not a good look in my humble opinion. 

Posts 13386
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 9:47 AM

The pricing is my dynamic pricing, but if you look carefully, you can see RRPs.

Posts 6868
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 9:49 AM

Geo Philips:

I have to say its getting pretty repetitive for the Logos site to get hammered whenever there is a major event.

For a company with a major push towards cloud-based features, that is not a good look in my humble opinion. 

I don't want to be a party pooper but I must agree with you.  I'm not able to see anything because the website is perhaps overloaded with visitors.  I'll try to get a look at some of the base packages later after my nap. 

Posts 1853
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 9:50 AM

Mark Barnes:

JH:

If you're a Logos Now member, it won't let you buy a package that has both books and features. It only allows you to purchase a books-only package.

I guess that if you ever cancel your LN subscription, you'd be then able to buy the features with dynamic pricing. In the meantime, you'd gain nothing from the books-and-features-package.

The site restricts buying Logos Now and a feature set in the same transaction, but it does allow you to buy a feature set in a separate transaction.

If you're already a Now member, you can add a library and a feature set to your cart and buy them at the same time, but you'll have to do it in two separate steps.

The rationale for not allowing them in the same transaction is that we didn't want people to accidentally buy a feature set when they already have access to those features through their membership. But we're evaluating whether this is the right approach. We'd love your feedback.

Posts 2482
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 9:50 AM

The Logos site seems to be running on Amazon Web Services. I wonder why it's not more scalable.

Anyway, I'll go to bed - one person less hammering...

Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 5315
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 9:56 AM

Geo Philips:

Agreed this is very poor for a company that is trying to sell itself as a cloud based solution. 

Posts 391
Geo Philips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 10:02 AM

An off topic aside, Android 7.0 Nougat was also released today. What are the odds??

Posts 197
Stephen Terlizzi | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 10:03 AM

Disciple of Christ (doc):

Geo Philips:

Agreed this is very poor for a company that is trying to sell itself as a cloud based solution. 

We should give Faithlife the benefit of doubt. Most of the shortcomings in this launch are related to what I called in my VP Mktg. Role as Marketing IT, e.g, website, digital marketing, streaming services, etc. Often, these IT decisions are completely different than the mainline product IT decisions. You cannot necessarily equate these problems to Faithlife's IT capability as a whole. If there are scalability or functionally problems in the L7 product suite, then we should worry.

Posts 391
Geo Philips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 10:06 AM

Stephen, I agree. Thats why I mentioned its not a 'good look', because in reality, there would be two backend infrastructures underpinning the app and the website. BUT most users wont differentiate between the backend of the app, and the backend of the website. 

Stephen Terlizzi:

Disciple of Christ (doc):

Geo Philips:

We should give Faithlife the benefit of doubt. Most of the shortcomings in this launch are related to what I called in my VP Mktg. Role as Marketing IT, e.g, website, digital marketing, streaming services, etc. Often, these IT decisions are completely different than the mainline product IT decisions. You cannot necessarily equate these problems to Faithlife's IT capability as a whole. If there are scalability or functionally problems in the L7 product suite, then we should worry.

Posts 2482
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 10:13 AM

L7 Features - http://logos7.webflow.io/features

L7 Base Packages - http://logos7.webflow.io/basepackages

L7 BP comparison - http://bransonanderson.com/dev/comparison-summary/

Posts 3529
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 10:25 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Mark Barnes:

JH:

The site restricts buying Logos Now and a feature set in the same transaction, but it does allow you to buy a feature set in a separate transaction.

If you're already a Now member, you can add a library and a feature set to your cart and buy them at the same time, but you'll have to do it in two separate steps.

The rationale for not allowing them in the same transaction is that we didn't want people to accidentally buy a feature set when they already have access to those features through their membership. But we're evaluating whether this is the right approach. We'd love your feedback.

I'm confused. If I want to own my feature sets what do I need to do? It seems we get special discounts during the opening so it would be better to buy them now?

Page 7 of 9 (177 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > | RSS