I need a Peshitta (Aramaic) interlinear to the Old Testament

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 345
Gregorio Billikopf | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Aug 20 2016 10:22 AM

I need a Peshitta (Aramaic) and English interlinear to the Old Testament. Does Logos have something like that?

Posts 1126
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 20 2016 10:51 AM

https://www.logos.com/product/2209/the-parallel-aligned-hebrew-aramaic-and-greek-texts-of-jewish-scripture  

https://www.logos.com/product/25723/the-parallel-aligned-hebrew-aramaic-and-greek-texts-of-jewish-scripture-alexandrinus-and-theodotion-variants  

Here are two look at.

L4 BS, L5 RB, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum, L9 Baptist Platinum.
2021 MacBook Pro M1 Pro 14" 16GB 512GB SSD, running MacOS Monterey   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 8.

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 20 2016 11:40 AM

I'm guessing you're looking for something similar to http://www.peshitta.org/ and the trilinears?

The Tov interlinears use the MT base, either hebrew or aramaic, depending the section. 

The closest Peshitta would be Leiden, and or Antioch Bible, neither being interlinear.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 1533
HJ. van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 20 2016 12:18 PM

Denise:

The closest Peshitta would be Leiden, and or Antioch Bible, neither being interlinear.

I agree with Denise.

Denise:

I'm guessing you're looking for something similar to http://www.peshitta.org/ and the trilinears?

These trilinears only contain the Aramaic targum text and not the Syriac Peshitta text.

Posts 345
Gregorio Billikopf | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 20 2016 12:29 PM

Thanks yo both. Yes. I hace Tov but it was unclear to me when he had the Hebrew vs. Aramaic. And I am glad for your recommendation as an hour ago I purchased 

The Aramaic English Interlinear Peshitta Old Testament by Rev  David Bauscher. I was pleasantly surprised to see he used the square font we associate with Hebrew and is easier to read. I purchased the PDF that contains all of the Holy Scriptures. Thanks. 

Posts 1
Glenn David Bauscher | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 14 2017 8:23 AM

I have just completed translating the Peshitta Old Testament in interlinear form. All but 12 OT books were published as of last year. When Joshua to Esther interlinear is formatted and edited by my editor, I will publish this last remaining section on Lulu and post it on my web site: aramaicnt.com

This will be the only complete Peshitta interlinear available, to my knowledge. I will produce a plain English edition from this in the near future.

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 14 2017 9:20 AM

For the curious: http://www.peshitta.org/for/showthread.php?tid=2828  It also includes interesting comment's about Stern's work.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 345
Gregorio Billikopf | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 16 2017 3:22 PM

Thanks to all. Reverend Bauscher, how will your new document differ from the one I purchased? By the addition of those Biblical books? Would you consider a tri-linear with the Peshitta font, the Aramaic (Hebrew) font and English?

Denise, I just went to your very interesting suggested post! My problem, however, is that I am particularly interested in the Old Testament Peshitta. I have English translations but I am interested in seeing the interlinears. Anyway, thanks to all.    

Posts 9
Christian Huls | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 21 2019 10:02 PM

I visited your site and see that you are selling an e-sword module.  Are there any plans to release this for Logos?  If you have your book in a Word document, it's pretty simple to create a Logos document with it.

Posts 3
Anne Garber Kompaore | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 25 2020 8:08 AM

I hope we can see this in Logos sometime soon.  Living in Africa, it is much simpler to order the electronic version rather than hard copy. 

Posts 34418
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 25 2020 2:07 PM

Vote: Peshitta reverse interlinear | Faithlife Feedback move it up the stack of priorities

You might also want to support Additional manuscript explorers - Peshitta, Vulgate, Vetus Latina | Faithlife Feedback

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 345
Gregorio Billikopf | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 26 2020 11:56 AM

M.J., I am looking for an Aramaic - English interlinear, not a reverse interlinear. Do we have that already?

Posts 34418
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 26 2020 2:04 PM

no but I assumed that an interlinear would be a prerequisite for the reverse interlinear in this case.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS