New Feature: Sermon Editor

Page 4 of 13 (257 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last »
This post has 256 Replies | 27 Followers

Posts 145
Ross Strader | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 2:49 PM

For Logos Devs, this is a great concept! Thank you for including this and taking the chance of rolling it out. Everyone has their unique ways of working to harness Logos and maximize efficiency. 

While you are in the tweaking phase of the Sermon Editor, it would be great to include some keyboard shortcuts (unless they are there and I have missed them). 

I know the Note Files have the ability to enter lists (bullet and number) with 'command + .' and 'command + /' -- In addition, keyboard shortcuts for H1, H2, H3... etc would be helpful. 

Thanks for your continued work on this. 

MacBook Pro 15' Retina  •  2.7 GHz Intel Core i7  •  16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3  •  Version 10.10

Posts 791
LogosEmployee
Eli Evans (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 2:57 PM

In addition to "standard" word processing keyboard shortcuts like Ctrl+B (Windows) or Cmd+B (Mac) for Bold, the Sermon document supports the following, where 'Ctrl/Cmd' means Ctrl (Windows) or Command (Mac):

• Ctrl/Cmd + Alt + 0 = normal formatting (no heading)
  • Ctrl/Cmd + Alt + 1 = Heading 1
  • Ctrl/Cmd + Alt + 5 = Heading 5
  • Ctrl/Cmd + Shift +  7 = numbered list item
  • Ctrl/Cmd + Shift + 8 = bulleted list item
  • Ctrl + M (Windows) = indent
  • Ctrl + Shift + M (Windows = unindent
  • Command + ] (Mac) = indent
  • Command + [ (Mac) = unindent

Oops, I neglected that in the help file. Adding a reminder to do that now.

Posts 97
Donnie Vick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 2:59 PM

Is this only available on Windows? I'm not seeing it on Mac

Posts 2117
LogosEmployee

Donnie Vick:

Is this only available on Windows? I'm not seeing it on Mac

You need to purchase a Feature Set to enable this feature. See this post for additional details:

https://community.logos.com/forums/p/129472/841280.aspx#841280

Posts 145
Ross Strader | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 3:07 PM

Eli Evans:

In addition to "standard" word processing keyboard shortcuts like Ctrl+B (Windows) or Cmd+B (Mac) for Bold, the Sermon document supports the following, where 'Ctrl/Cmd' means Ctrl (Windows) or Command (Mac):

• Ctrl/Cmd + Alt +  7 = numbered list item
  • Ctrl/Cmd + Alt + 8 = bulleted list item

Thank you Eli! Works indeed. The indent and unindent are off. Indent on the Mac is Ctrl/Cmd +] -- I'm having trouble getting 'unindent' to work. 

MacBook Pro 15' Retina  •  2.7 GHz Intel Core i7  •  16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3  •  Version 10.10

Posts 145
Ross Strader | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 3:12 PM
Ross Strader:

Eli Evans:

• Ctrl/Cmd + Alt +  7 = numbered list item
  • Ctrl/Cmd + Alt + 8 = bulleted list item

Thank you Eli! Works indeed. The indent and unindent are off. Indent on the Mac is Ctrl/Cmd +] -- I'm having trouble getting 'unindent' to work. 

For indent I mean 'Control+Command + ]' works.

Posts 32
Kevin M. Adams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 3:31 PM

Thank you! It was working occasionally but I couldn't figure out the system.

Posts 216
LogosEmployee

Tab and Shift+Tab can also be used to control indent level.

Posts 791
LogosEmployee
Eli Evans (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 4:19 PM

My first post about keyboard shortcuts was inaccurate in a couple of spots so I edited it. 

Posts 112
Tim Finlay | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 5:00 PM

Phil, I have various resources in my Logos library such as Baker Illustrated Bible Dictionary and Biblical World in Pictures. Is there a way for me to add an image from them to a Sermon document?

Posts 32
Kevin M. Adams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 5:08 PM

How do you re-arrange information in the Sermon Editor. Once you send it to Proclaim it's easy enough to re-arrange but that won't match the Sermon Editor. Can someone help me?

Posts 32
Kevin M. Adams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 5:15 PM

When I send the Sermon to Proclaim the slides in Proclaim are simply titled "content". Is there a way (other than editing in Proclaim) to change that so that they indicate something relative to the actual slide content (e.g. first words of slide content or something similar)?

Posts 6484
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 5:18 PM

Kevin, I think you have to put the name that you desire while in the Sermon Editor, for it to automatically display in the Proclaim Slide.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 39
Pastor Scamman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 5:31 PM

The Sermon Editor is immediately my favorite new feature of Logos 7.

I am hoping that the metadata fields will be expanded to include info such as Delivery Date, Occasion, Location (many folks preach at different churches).

If I'm going to start putting every sermon in here, I will need a more robust way to sort and view sermons, rather than simply in the order of last edited.

Posts 8
Bryan Davenport | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 6:04 PM

I concur with Clint. Opml would be awesome!

Posts 97
Donnie Vick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 6:24 PM

I got gold. Did that not include the feature set?

Posts 22020
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 7:56 PM

Donnie Vick:

I got gold. Did that not include the feature set?

It depends whether you purchased the Gold Base package or the Gold Linrary.

Where there two items on your cart or one?

Posts 52
Daniel Jomphe | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 3:05 AM

Do you plan to bring text markup support parity to what's available in Proclaim?

For now I can't really use the Sermon editor to edit slides to the same level of detail and interaction that I can in Proclaim.

2 things come to mind that I'm missing the most. I use them all the time since they were offered to Proclaim users:

1. Ability to introduce content gradually on a slide (using '++')
  2. Ability to highlight a selection (this one, though, has no textual markup in Proclaim)

Another thing that I use often in Proclaim is the ability to bolden, italicize, and underline words or phrases in my verse slides. Right now, the Sermon Editor won't allow my to do that inside Verse Cards. (And it wouldn't either allow me to add those '++', for example.)

I also haven't yet tried to export a Sermon to Proclaim. I hope the transcription follows legibly in the slide notes.

Without bringing this kind of parity to the party, I'm wondering if I'll ever be at ease using this feature (but I hope I will).

With that said, thank you very much for investing your resources and energy in developing the Sermon editor!

Posts 22020
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 4:18 AM

Daniel Jomphe:
Do you plan to bring text markup support parity to what's available in Proclaim?

I don't know Faithlife's plans here and will be interesting to see their response.

Daniel Jomphe:
For now I can't really use the Sermon editor to edit slides to the same level of detail and interaction that I can in Proclaim.

True - but I could see an argument where the Sermon Editor does what it does well and Proclaim does what it does well. In this scenario, the Sermon Editor will be used to provide the base set of slides and final editing / markup / inclusion of transitions will be done in Proclaim. Personally I think this would be a better approach but Faithlife may have different plans.

Daniel Jomphe:
Ability to introduce content gradually on a slide (using '++')

This is an example of something that could be added in Proclaim post export

Daniel Jomphe:
Ability to highlight a selection (this one, though, has no textual markup in Proclaim)

I think I have seen that this is being considered - but not sure

Daniel Jomphe:
Another thing that I use often in Proclaim is the ability to bolden, italicize, and underline words or phrases in my verse slides. Right now, the Sermon Editor won't allow my to do that inside Verse Cards.

Interestingly while you can bold etc words in the Sermon Editor this formatting seems to be lost when creating a slide from those words

Daniel Jomphe:
(And it wouldn't either allow me to add those '++', for example.)

Once you have created the slides, click on them and then Edit.

This opens the Media Tool with the verses in a text box on the left.

Inserting "--" between verses will force them to move onto separate slides.

Daniel Jomphe:
I also haven't yet tried to export a Sermon to Proclaim. I hope the transcription follows legibly in the slide notes.

It does this well. All of the text between slides are included in the Notes field of the slides.

Posts 32
Kevin M. Adams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 4:27 AM

How do you change the exported font size. I had to reconfigure it all in MS Word (after exporting it) - and a few slides in Proclaim as well (usually poetry which had additional line spacing resulting in the verse being spread out over too many slides).

BTW this is absolutely what I've been waiting for - reducing the duplication of sermon prep with a tight relationship between Logos, Proclaim, Word, Soundfaith. Keep it up please!

Page 4 of 13 (257 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS