Orthodox Base Packages Discontinued? No

Page 2 of 3 (56 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 55 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 1 2016 3:58 PM

David Ames:

Ben Amundgaard:

1. Does Logos intend to continue offering base packages to Orthodox Christians?
Yes. We have no plans to discontinue our Orthodox line of products.

So when will a free Orthodox book of the month start to be available?

Are they planning to have denominational/tradition-specific freebies of the month?

Posts 2412
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 2 2016 5:44 AM

Columbcille Dougherty:

What about us former platinum purchasers? How does all this affect us?

'We' lost nothing.  'We' just do not have anything new to buy - yet,

'We' just need a dedicated Orthodox manager and about 10,000 additional Orthodox customers ready to buy at Silver or higher. 

Posts 2412
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 2 2016 5:46 AM

Yasmin Stephen:

Are they planning to have denominational/tradition-specific freebies of the month?

Logos and Verbum have free books of the month so why not others??  [[I hope they are at least thinking about it]]

Posts 1024
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 2 2016 7:04 AM

David Ames:

Yasmin Stephen:

Logos and Verbum have free books of the month so why not others??  [[I hope they are at least thinking about it]]

That would be great - but I would hate to have to pick a denomination and be limited to its freebies forever after!

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 2 2016 7:26 AM

David Ames:

Yasmin Stephen:

I thought the separate freebies was because there's logos.com and verbum.com, and not merely denominational.

Posts 128
Russel Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 2 2016 7:32 AM

Yasmin Stephen:

I thought the separate freebies was because there's logos.com and verbum.com, and not merely denominational.

That is the reason.  There have been several Orthodox books given as the Free Book of the Month on Verbum.  St. Athanasius' On the Incarnation of the Word of God was given as a freebie, for instance.

Posts 2412
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 2 2016 2:25 PM

EastTN:

David Ames:

Yasmin Stephen:

That would be great - but I would hate to have to pick a denomination and be limited to its freebies forever after!

The way it works now is that if you know where to find them you can have them all.  And the second is only 1.99.

Posts 3084
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 2 2016 3:37 PM

David Ames:

EastTN:

David Ames:

Yasmin Stephen:

The way it works now is that if you know where to find them you can have them all.  And the second is only 1.99.

Unless it's Verbum's, which is only $.99.

Posts 5086
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 2 2016 4:01 PM

Ben Amundgaard:
I assure you that there's not attempt here at a lack of transparency and I'm very sorry it feels that way. Let me try to answer your questions as frankly as possible:

Thank you for your response Ben.  The very simple way to avoid this problem is to communicate with your customers. You have forums, you have mailing lists you even had a Orthodox Blog and if  memory servers me correct a Orthodox launch page on Logos.com.  Make use of these means of communication with your customers. Don't just simply pull everything down without telling them what your good intentions are for the product range.  

If you communicated this ahead of time, say 6 weeks ago that in four weeks time we need to pull existing Orthodox packages from the product range for a period of time, but they will be coming back at a yet to be determine period of time.  But if you now have four weeks to upgrade your existing base packages before we remove the old ones - you might have generated some additional sales.  When the Logos 7 packages were released for the other denominations maybe revival of the old Orthodox Library Builder might have been an option as a sweetener to those of the Orthodox Faith - maybe contractual issues prevented this but its just a thought about how Faithlife could have gone about this whole process in a different way that would have communicated to their Orthodox customers they are still very much valued and still very much a part of Faithlife plans instead of the cloak and dagger removal of the product range overnight. Faithlife seem to stumble from one bad PR exercise to the next with its customers. I just don't understand why they never learn from the same basic mistake of not communicating with their customers. It's Customer Service 101, Retail 101 and Marketing 101 basic stuff.

Posts 313
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 2 2016 5:45 PM
David Ames:

EastTN:

David Ames:

Yasmin Stephen:

I'd certainly welcome a chance to explore works from other traditions at a reduced price to see whether I would want to invest in a larger set.

Retina MacBook Pro, 2013, iPad Mini 4

Platinum: Verbum. Gold: Orthodox. Bronze: Ordinariate. Lutheran. Starter: Anglican, Baptist, Messianic Jewish, Methodist, Pentecostal, Reformed, SDA, Standard

Posts 1024
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 4 2016 2:01 PM

David Ames:

EastTN:

David Ames:

Yasmin Stephen:

And I do, each and every month - for which I'm very grateful to FaithLife. I should have been a bit more explicit about my point.  Realistically, there has to be a limit to how many free resources FaithLife can afford to give away every month.  They have what, seven denominational packages in addition to the "Standard" and Verbum packages - eight if you count Orthodox? That would be eight additional resources each month, plus another eight for either $0.99 or $1.99.  I would absolutely love that. But that would be sixteen additional minimal cost books each month, on top of the four I'm already getting, for twenty in total.  My library has already significantly benefited from the various free offers FaithLife has made over the last several years.  If I were getting a couple of hundred books a year essentially for free, at some point it seems that it would reduce my motivation to keep buying new books. And folks buying new books is what keeps the lights on at FaithLife.

Posts 2412
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 4 2016 3:01 PM

EastTN:

They have what, seven denominational packages in addition to the "Standard" and Verbum packages - eight if you count Orthodox? That would be eight additional resources each month, plus another eight for either $0.99 or $1.99.  I would absolutely love that. But that would be sixteen additional minimal cost books each month, on top of the four I'm already getting, for twenty in total.

There is one problem to your logic.  Once your library exceeds size xxx you already own the books offered so you don't get any that month.

Currently they are offered only in "Standard" and Verbum.

Posts 1024
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 4 2016 5:03 PM

David Ames:

EastTN:

They have what, seven denominational packages in addition to the "Standard" and Verbum packages - eight if you count Orthodox? That would be eight additional resources each month, plus another eight for either $0.99 or $1.99.  I would absolutely love that. But that would be sixteen additional minimal cost books each month, on top of the four I'm already getting, for twenty in total.

There is one problem to your logic.  Once your library exceeds size xxx you already own the books offered so you don't get any that month.

Currently they are offered only in "Standard" and Verbum.

Posts 2

Thanks for this and for keeping the Orthodox packages "alive"

Posts 42
Fos Zoe | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 8 2016 7:10 PM

I just hope the Orthodox packages are out in time for Orthodox users to take advantage of the Logos 7 launch pricing offers

Posts 68
Dan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 8 2016 9:27 PM

Fos Zoe:

I just hope the Orthodox packages are out in time for Orthodox users to take advantage of the Logos 7 launch pricing offers

This.

Posts 5086
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 9 2016 1:13 AM

Logos have handled this situation well in the past and I don't see that changing this time.

Dan O'Day:

Fos Zoe:

This.

Posts 18
Christopher Grant | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 11 2016 3:41 PM

Ben,

I'm sure you could probably reach out to some of your Orthodox users for assistance.  I know you have worked with St. Vladimir's And St. Tikhon's Orthodox Theological Seminaries, and I can assure you that both locations are chock full of (admittedly very busy) Professors, Priests, and Deacons, who could offer valuable insight into what Orthodox clergy, academics, and pious laymen would find of value.

Mine is only one Deacon's opinion, but I can try to offer some assistance, as well. 

You might get a slightly different viewpoint if you reach out to Holy Trinity Seminary in Jordanville (Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia), and Holy Cross in Boston (Greek Orthodox Archdiocese). 

Posts 873
LogosEmployee
Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 13 2016 2:54 PM

Hi all,

We finally shipped the L7 Orthodox packages. It will take a while for the various pages throughout the site to populate, but you can get directly to the product pages (a big thanks to Gabe Martini for reviewing these for us):

https://www.logos.com/product/81188/orthodox-gold

https://www.logos.com/product/81187/orthodox-silver

https://www.logos.com/product/81186/orthodox-bronze

https://www.logos.com/product/81185/orthodox-starter

As you'll see, there is currently no Platinum level package (primarily because we don't have enough Orthodox content to construct a Platinum package). We don't have plans to ship one in the near future. If/when we do, I'll post here.

Sorry, there is a caching issue on the site. I'll repost when the products are actually live.

Manager, Bible Study Products Department

Posts 873
LogosEmployee
Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 13 2016 3:02 PM

[deleted]

Manager, Bible Study Products Department

Page 2 of 3 (56 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS