Recent L6 purchase does it count towards L7 upgrade

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2200
mab | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Aug 22 2016 3:18 PM

I bought a package last week; does it count towards the price of L7. I had the same thing last time with L5 to L6 and it qualified towards a better price.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 6477
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 3:20 PM

It should. Look at a package that you are interested in and see the dynamic price and the contents of it. 

If you think you can get a better deal by buying the L7 package, then return the L6 and buy L7.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 946
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 3:27 PM

Speak to them on the phone, they're very good.

גַּם־חֹשֶׁךְ֮ לֹֽא־יַחְשִׁ֪יךְ מִ֫מֶּ֥ךָ וְ֭לַיְלָה כַּיּ֣וֹם יָאִ֑יר כַּ֝חֲשֵׁיכָ֗ה כָּאוֹרָֽה

Posts 4832
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 3:41 PM

It all depends on how much the books overlap and where they don't whether you want the ones that were in the Logos 6 package but not the Logos 7 package. The answer is very subjective.

mab:

I bought a package last week; does it count towards the price of L7. I had the same thing last time with L5 to L6 and it qualified towards a better price.

Posts 608
Dave Thawley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 3:43 AM

I bought something a short while ago and FL did give me what I considered a fair amount off an upgrade to a 7 base package yesterday:-) I would ask a sales rep and see what they say :-) 

Posts 2200
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 1:14 PM

Turns out that nothing changed the price. Not a problem since I did fine by the L6 package selected and it was bought for resources. Wound up getting just Bronze L7. I relocated recently and that put a crimp on how much I can spend.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 9
LogosEmployee
Giovanni Segar | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 2:06 PM

There is a special phone-only deal for people who recently purchased L6. It won't show up on the website. Give our sales team a call. (888-875-9491)

Posts 71
Jeffrey Visser | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 1:19 PM

Giovanni Segar:

There is a special phone-only deal for people who recently purchased L6. It won't show up on the website. Give our sales team a call. (888-875-9491)

Any other phone only deals that make it worth calling in?

Posts 2200
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 4:02 PM

I did call and they didn't give me anything different. And I called today and they said my purchase didn't count. And I got an email saying that there could be a difference because of my purchase and to call.

Very strange.

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 4:05 PM

mab:

I did call and they didn't give me anything different. And I called today and they said my purchase didn't count. And I got an email saying that there could be a difference because of my purchase and to call.

Very strange.

Sounds to me like, if you have the time, you should call back and push the issue based on the email.  It may be that your first responder wasn't aware of something.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 4:05 PM

mab:

Very strange.

Sounds to me like, if you have the time, you should call back and push the issue based on the email.  It may be that your first responder wasn't aware of something.

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 78
Phil Tuften | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 7:42 PM

Question about the phone only deal.  I bought a base package Logos 6 a couple of weeks ago.  I would find it very hard to phone.  Live in Sydney Australia.  Will they accept web communication, because of the time zone difference.  Thanks

Posts 1
Kathryn Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 8:11 PM

Additionally I waited hold for 15 minutes and finally gave up. 

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 25 2016 8:51 AM

Yes.  The contact page (logos.com/contact) will give you email addresses.  You might also benefit from the online chat feature... assuming it is staffed when you are ready.

Check the Wiki

Posts 2200
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 25 2016 5:28 PM

FWIW I am trying to get a real answer from FL. I'll let you know what I find out. I'm not fond of conjecture regarding motive when there's a misunderstanding. 

Posts 2200
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 6 2016 4:48 PM

I got a response clarifying the issue. The discount is specifically meant for customers who had purchased a base package that included new features, within 180 day of the release of Logos 7 If you purchased a package that did not add new features, there is no discount. 

FL is giving me a store credit over the misunderstanding because they shouldn't have sent me a email that didn't apply to my L6 package. 

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS