Can I Just Say...

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 58
Anthony Sims | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Aug 24 2016 12:43 AM

Been with Logos since Logos 4.  I went to Bible college in 2010 with a small base package.  Used it a lot, but was disappointed with the lack of resources I had.  I was a poor college kid.  Fast forward to Seminary in 2013 and I upgraded to Logos 5 and got some extra resources that really helped my time there.  Then Logos 6 came out and I couldn't help but buy the Collector's Edition with all of the phenomenal resources it included.  

Now we're at the Logos 7/Now/Mobile Ed age and I am so impressed with how far the company has come in just 6 years.  My library has grown from about 1,000 resources to over 12,000 and I use it every day.  Sure, I've spent more money on my library than most would on anything else, but having the ability to study so much on my own wherever I go is so amazing. Thanks, Bob and team for making an incredible product and staying true to creating a fantastic Bible software.  You've made my job as a pastor/academic so much easier and more rewarding. 

Posts 517
Glenn Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 1:20 AM

Yes

Pastor Glenn Crouch
St Paul's Lutheran Church
Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Western Australia

Posts 628
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 1:38 AM

Totally agreed. I only bought Logos towards the end of last year, but I honestly think it's the best purchasing decision I've ever made.

I'm quite gutted that Logos 7 has come around while I'm trying to buy my first home - I've had to tighten the purse-strings a bit - but I'm definitely in for the long haul.

Posts 258
Greg Corbin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 7:28 AM

I agree, Anthony.  I came in with Logos 3 on a DVD in 2008.  While I haven't accumulated the huge library that you have, I do have a 2700 volume theological library that gives me tremendous horsepower in my study and preparation as a busy pastor. Do I read all the commentaries I have every week on the passage I am preaching?  No. Do I consult all of the language and theological resources every week on the passage I am preaching?  No. For detailed, deep study and preparation, Logos is like a huge toolbox where I have what I need when I need it. There have been times that finding one reference or article in one resource made a great deal of difference. That's the value in having a large library even though no one can use everything all the time.  I have levels and categories of resources - commentaries, language tools, theological works, dictionaries/encyclopedias, etc. that I used according to what I am doing/studying.

Finally, Logos has exponentially helped my personal devotion and prayer life because it is all synced in the same place with my study. Thanks for a great product!

Posts 2931
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 7:40 AM

Well said and couldn't agree with you more! Bravo.

mm.

mm.

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 7:41 AM

Yes

Posts 22
Shannon Martin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 7:55 AM

Amen.

As a bivocational pastor without a seminary background Logos has been so helpful. I bought Logos6 2 years ago. I was apprehensive about the investment, but after using the program I never once 2nd guessed my decision.

I am so glad that Faithlife continues to develop and bring out new versions of the software.

Posts 23
Dave Sloma | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 9:50 AM

Absolutely super for me!

Posts 8627
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 25 2016 10:56 AM

Anthony Sims:
Thanks, Bob and team for making an incredible product and staying true to creating a fantastic Bible software.

Yes

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 235
Alexxy Olu | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 25 2016 2:05 PM

YesYesYes

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS