Logos 7 Price and Discount Calculator

Page 2 of 3 (47 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 46 Replies | 10 Followers

Posts 170
Dwayne Justice | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 25 2016 9:13 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

There's a tab for academic and a tab for non-academic. Get into the right tab, and then follow the steps.

Let me know if I can answer any additional questions. Thanks for your patience with us during this rollout.

Phil,

On the calculator there is a spot that asks for the academic discount percentage we receive with a drop down menu:

How do I know what my percentage would be? Thank you, sir.

🖥 21.5" iMac; 2.7GHZ; 1TB HD🖥

💻 15" Macbook Pro Retina; 2.5GHZ i7; 16 GB; 500GB FSD💻

🎁Logos 6 Diamond; Logos 6 Anglican Diamond; Logos 6 Pentecostal & Charismatic Gold🎁

🌐Logos Now🌐

Posts 1812
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 25 2016 2:43 PM

Jesús Polaino:

there are discrepances:

These discrepancies are the result of the rounding in the currency exchange. We sell in USD, but we show you estimated prices in your local currency. The numbers you're seeing in the tooltips are rounded, and then I imagine you're converting them back into USD and rounding them again. That probably accounts for the $.40 difference you're seeing.

Posts 482
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 25 2016 4:00 PM

Sorry for not reading through all these postings. I presently own Logos Silver. If I moved to Logos 7, still staying with Silver and going no further than what I've got, how much would it cost me to upgrade? Anyone have an idea?

ASUS Rogue / 500 GB Samsung SSD / 500 GB HD / 16 Gigs of RAM/ Logos 8 Full Feature Set / Faithlife Connect Essentials 

Posts 21869
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 25 2016 4:05 PM

Bootjack:

Sorry for not reading through all these postings. I presently own Logos Silver. If I moved to Logos 7, still staying with Silver and going no further than what I've got, how much would it cost me to upgrade? 

You should see this at https://www.logos.com/product/81150/silver 

Posts 201
Garrett Ho | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 25 2016 4:05 PM

Thanks, Phil. This was very helpful!

For those that it affects, the spreadsheet shows that additional base packages do not get the combo discount if you've already purchased a base package + feature set. This is for those that don't have Logos Now, since with Now you always get the combo discount.

Some people will want to make sure they have the most expensive base package in the combo, if they don't want to subscribe to Now, while others will find the discount from Now bigger than they expected.

Posts 482
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 25 2016 4:59 PM

Thank you Graham! 

ASUS Rogue / 500 GB Samsung SSD / 500 GB HD / 16 Gigs of RAM/ Logos 8 Full Feature Set / Faithlife Connect Essentials 

Posts 156
Jesús Polaino | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 26 2016 7:16 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Jesús Polaino:

there are discrepances:

These discrepancies are the result of the rounding in the currency exchange. We sell in USD, but we show you estimated prices in your local currency. The numbers you're seeing in the tooltips are rounded, and then I imagine you're converting them back into USD and rounding them again. That probably accounts for the $.40 difference you're seeing.

Hi PHil,

Thank you for taking the time to reply when you are busy.

Anyway, I think your conclusion is wrong. I switched back to US$ in my account (as suggested by Mark) to see if this could be the problem and this is what I found:

As you see, currency is only in US$ and is exactly what I pasted in the price calculator. For me, the difference is quite high in this small package (297.75$ - 231.79$ = 65.96$) which is nearly what I paid:

And what it is even worse is the price I get when trying to buy again the Starter package:

Please, do not make wrong. I am quite happy with this purchase and I am considering to upgrade to Bronze package or Logos 7 Spanish (whatever the name will be) once launched, but honestly I do not know will be the best way to proceed here, to return the Starter one, or just to upgrade.

As you can see, there is something to fix in the system.

Thanks again fr your time,

Posts 13348
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 26 2016 7:31 AM

Jesús Polaino:

As you see, currency is only in US$ and is exactly what I pasted in the price calculator. For me, the difference is quite high in this small package (297.75$ - 231.79$ = 65.96$) which is nearly what I paid:

Jesús,

I can see that the calculator price is correct for the "Library Only" price ($56.39), and the "Feature Set Only" price ($241.36). However, it's incorrect for the "Library + Feature Set" price. According to the calculator it should be $231.78, but it's asking you for $297.75.

It seems that this is because you should be getting a discount for purchasing both the Library and the Feature Set together, but that discount isn't being applied. This could be because you have already bought a Library/Feature Set together, and might be a bug in the system. Phil would have to comment on that.

It's possible that if you were to add it to your cart, then then discount would be applied. Can you try that and see?

Posts 156
Jesús Polaino | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 26 2016 8:19 AM

Thanks Mark,

Discount is not applied:

Regards,

Posts 12
Craig Fildes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 26 2016 8:50 PM

Hi,

It seems strange to me that if I am not a previous owner of Logos and now want to purchase Logos 7 Gold Logos is offering me a $427.22 USD discount, yet when I am signed in and trying to upgrade you are only offering me a $341.53 AUD discount. The difference between the two standard stand alone packages are only $330 which means you are only valuing my Logo 5 Gold at at $330. That's very disappointing to me knowing how much I have spent

Posts 13348
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 6:29 AM

Craig Fildes:
It seems strange to me that if I am not a previous owner of Logos and now want to purchase Logos 7 Gold Logos is offering me a $427.22 USD discount, yet when I am signed in and trying to upgrade you are only offering me a $341.53 AUD discount.

New users are getting a discount of $427.22 on $1,822.21, which is 23%. You're getting a discount of $341.53 AUD on $1,490.58 AUD, which is also 23%.

Craig Fildes:
The difference between the two standard stand alone packages are only $330 which means you are only valuing my Logo 5 Gold at at $330.

That's not the case at all. There are flaws in the logic and the maths. In terms of logic, there are lots of things in Logos 5 Gold that aren't in Logos 7 Gold. You'll keep those, and new customers won't have them. That means the website is valuing the overlap between Logos 5 Gold and Logos 7 Gold, not just Logos 5 Gold on its own. The maths flaw is that the difference between the two products is $1,394.99 and $883.73, which is a lot more than $330. It is, in fact, $511.26.

So far from valuing your Logos 5 Gold at $330, the website is valuing the overlap between Logos 5 Gold and Logos 7 Gold at $511.26.

Posts 27556
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 6:53 AM

Bootjack:
I presently own Logos Silver. If I moved to Logos 7, still staying with Silver and going no further than what I've got, how much would it cost me to upgrade?

I think you know this, but for others who might come along: When upgrading, there is no reason to purchase "at the same level" other than you have decided that the said base package is the best fit for what resources you want & the price you can budget for. The phrase "staying at Silver" can be misleading because you will always have your "silver" base package from L6. 

My Base Package purchases: 

• L4 Platinum
  • L5 Gold
  • L6 Gold
  • L7 Silver
  • L7 Wesleyan Bronze

Although my current employment is ministry related, I am not in a "preaching" capacity and don't feel a need / can't justify making a large purchase at this time. I did pick up a number of resources which I was happy to acquire at very low rates. In my situation, I have also chosen to go the Logos Now route. I enjoy many of the "features," but I could live without them. I am perfectly happy to purchase resources and rent features. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 927
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 8:32 PM

alabama24:

Bootjack:
I presently own Logos Silver. If I moved to Logos 7, still staying with Silver and going no further than what I've got, how much would it cost me to upgrade?

I think you know this, but for others who might come along: When upgrading, there is no reason to purchase "at the same level" other than you have decided that the said base package is the best fit for what resources you want & the price you can budget for. The phrase "staying at Silver" can be misleading because you will always have your "silver" base package from L6. 

My Base Package purchases: 

• L4 Platinum
  • L5 Gold
  • L6 Gold
  • L7 Silver
  • L7 Wesleyan Bronze

Although my current employment is ministry related, I am not in a "preaching" capacity and don't feel a need / can't justify making a large purchase at this time. I did pick up a number of resources which I was happy to acquire at very low rates. In my situation, I have also chosen to go the Logos Now route. I enjoy many of the "features," but I could live without them. I am perfectly happy to purchase resources and rent features. 

Good points, Alabama. The package labels mean less and less the longer you're with Logos. I've got quite a good library after some eight years with Logos, beginning with L3 Gold, L4 and L5 Platinum, and L6 Reformed Diamond. I intend to subscribe to Logos Now and purchase L7 Gold. That may seem a step down to some, but it adds three quality sets that I don't have for a really good price. It's about the resources, not the labels of the libraries.

Pastor, Cornerstone Baptist Church, Clinton, SC

Posts 156
Jesús Polaino | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 29 2016 2:02 AM

Dear all,

It seems that the bug has been fixed, at least in my case:

Thank you very much Phil / FaithLife!!!! That´s why Logos is providing by far the best customer´s experience IMHO.

Posts 98
Johan L | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 29 2016 3:03 AM

alabama24:

Having access to future Mobile ed. readings could be a reason to stay high, but there is less of a point now that readings for all courses prior to the launch of L7 will continue to only have readings geared for L6. Now courses however will probably be geared for L7

Posts 40
Rick King | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 30 2016 9:44 PM

Thanks for the tool but it doesn't work.  I put in all the numbers but it isn't pulling the full price of the package I want. I don't know much about spreadsheets other than to be smart enough to avoid ever using them.  :-) I will just stop where I am at on the upgrade.  I hope that there isn't a similar problem with the software that the sales folks use to figure the prices out.  I figure that if there is, then somebody will make an adjustment somewhere down the road.  

Posts 927
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 31 2016 12:06 PM

Hi Rick. It worked perfectly for me when I purchased Now and a library as a non-Now member.

Pastor, Cornerstone Baptist Church, Clinton, SC

Posts 13348
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 31 2016 1:11 PM

Rick King:
Thanks for the tool but it doesn't work.

If it doesn't work for you, it's likely that you've inputted the wrong data. Is your pricing in another currency? The spreadsheet only supports US dollars.

Posts 11
James R Harlan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 8 2016 9:20 AM

I hope someone can steer me in the right direction for using this tool.

Here is the screenshot of the product page for the package I wish to purchase, showing the "Discounts for the product you own" amount:

That appears to be showing the entire discount, for both the library and the feature set.

So when I go to the feature set page, I get this:

Then, as I understand it, I should enter both those number in the spreadsheet, and that will show how my pricing came to be, so I did this:

This is not the discount that shows up when I try to purchase. I would love it if this is correct, but, more likely, I'm doing something wrong here. I would be grateful for some guidance.

James

Posts 149
Timothy Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 8 2016 5:58 PM

James R Harlan:

This is not the discount that shows up when I try to purchase. I would love it if this is correct, but, more likely, I'm doing something wrong here. I would be grateful for some guidance.

James

It appears that you are not a member of Logos Now, and therefore should answer question 1 "No." Then I think you will get the right result:

Windows 8.1 64-bit, Core i5-3330, 8GB RAM

Page 2 of 3 (47 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS