New Resource: Lexham Geographic Commentary on the Gospels

Page 2 of 3 (54 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 53 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 3989
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 24 2017 3:07 PM

Any updates

Posts 7

Hey Mattillo!

We're happy to hear you're just as eager to get the rest of the volume as we are to release it! You'll be pleased to learn we're about done with everything. Just a few more post-production procedures and then the rest will be yours. 

I'm really excited about the full volume. Not only will there be loads more content (like in the 22 more articles range!) but we've:

• created more custom graphics to support a slew of articles,
  • added "See Also" sections to the end of each article, including cross-references to other relevant articles,
  • and improved the overall cosmetics of each article (e.g., new icons to call attention to inline links, more stylized formats for pull quotes and long quotes).

There will also be a preface by the general editor, Dr. Barry Beiztel (Professor Emeritus). Needless to say, we're looking forward to releasing the full resource to you very soon.

Thanks for staying in touch!

Posts 3989
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2017 3:25 AM

Thank you Kyle! I enjoy this resource and I hope it does well for you. I remember Sean suggesting if it did well future volumes might come on books like revelation and acts

Posts 3989
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2017 7:21 PM

Kris Lyle (Faithlife | Dept of CI):

Hey Mattillo!

We're happy to hear you're just as eager to get the rest of the volume as we are to release it! You'll be pleased to learn we're about done with everything. Just a few more post-production procedures and then the rest will be yours. 

I'm really excited about the full volume. Not only will there be loads more content (like in the 22 more articles range!) but we've:

• added "See Also" sections to the end of each article, including cross-references to other relevant articles,
  • and improved the overall cosmetics of each article (e.g., new icons to call attention to inline links, more stylized formats for pull quotes and long quotes).

There will also be a preface by the general editor, Dr. Barry Beiztel (Professor Emeritus). Needless to say, we're looking forward to releasing the full resource to you very soon.

Kyle sir. On the faithlife group for this resource I had a conversation with Sean about having the videos available even if you didn't own the course. He replied "We're working on a strategy to share selected Mobile Ed segments for purposes like this." Did your team ever work this out or no? Thank you

Posts 813
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 26 2017 9:49 AM

Mattillo:

Kyle sir. On the faithlife group for this resource I had a conversation with Sean about having the videos available even if you didn't own the course. He replied "We're working on a strategy to share selected Mobile Ed segments for purposes like this." Did your team ever work this out or no? Thank you

Separately from the Geographic Commentary, Faithlife is working on broader access to Mobile Ed and other video content through Faithlife TV (there was a free preview weekend this past weekend). So selective access to certain material isn't likely: we're working on models to make our entire catalog available at very reasonable prices.

I suggest you follow this group to find out what's happening in that space: https://faithlife.com/faithlife-tv/activity.

We've tried to ensure that the most of the enrichment material in the Geographic Commentary will be available to most users who own a base package (or are Logos Now members).

Posts 110
Brooks Cochran | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 26 2017 9:58 AM

I agree with Jack!!! With Logos 7 add-on's it all or nothing.

Posts 3989
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 26 2017 11:32 AM

Sean Boisen:

Mattillo:

Separately from the Geographic Commentary, Faithlife is working on broader access to Mobile Ed and other video content through Faithlife TV (there was a free preview weekend this past weekend). So selective access to certain material isn't likely: we're working on models to make our entire catalog available at very reasonable prices.

I suggest you follow this group to find out what's happening in that space: https://faithlife.com/faithlife-tv/activity.

We've tried to ensure that the most of the enrichment material in the Geographic Commentary will be available to most users who own a base package (or are Logos Now members).

Thank you Sean.  I do subscribe to FLTV+ and I really enjoy your commentary.  I'm sad to hear that the two videos (in the resource thus far) won't be available but I'm sure you have your reasons. Thank you for responding back

Posts 3989
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 26 2017 11:33 AM

PS I do hope it does really well because I'd love to see it expanded someday!

Posts 17
Jack Nørdam | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 28 2017 2:41 PM

So this will be available for Logos Now members too? And when?

Posts 3989
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 14 2017 12:15 PM

Hey Mattillo!

Any updates Kyle?

Posts 163
Joe Mayden | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 14 2017 4:30 PM

This looks like a great teaching tool.  My problem is that I have been a Logos customer since 1993.  I have over 5,000 volumes, I don't need another book.  I want features that enhance the books and experience I have.  To get this feature in Silver I have to pay $372 to get it for books I don't need.  I can't use all the ones I have.  Please don't market your loyal customers with trick like this.  I am a Logos Now user and value the enhancements it affords.  Why not this?

Posts 3989
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 22 2017 7:01 PM

Any updates on releasing the rest of this?

Posts 7

Hi Matillo

Thanks for checking back in. We expect the full resource to ship by the end of this month. We're all eager to get it in your hands and receive your feedback. 

Thanks for your patience!

Posts 163
Joe Mayden | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 23 2017 1:38 PM

Could someone comment about the reason this is not a stand alone or a part of Logos now?  I want Logos to make money but don't cause us to be bad stewards of the money we have, that is not biblical.  Many of us don't need any more books but we are willing to pay for enhancements.

Bob, could we get a response from you?

Posts 813
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 23 2017 10:05 PM

Joe Mayden:

Could someone comment about the reason this is not a stand alone or a part of Logos now?  I want Logos to make money but don't cause us to be bad stewards of the money we have, that is not biblical.  Many of us don't need any more books but we are willing to pay for enhancements.

Bob, could we get a response from you?

We plan to begin offering the Gospels volume for sale as a standalone product: I don't know precisely when that will happen, though I expect it will be fairly soon.

Logos Now is intended to provided early access to features and datasets: it doesn't include resources, as a general rule.

Posts 163
Joe Mayden | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 24 2017 3:30 AM

Sean, thanks for getting back to me.  

Posts 7

UPDATE: The full volume shipped yesterday. Hope you enjoy!

Posts 3989
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 8 2017 7:08 AM

Thank you Kris.  I had my computer on this morning but the update did not download.  I'll try again later tonight

Posts 334
Paul Strickert | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 8 2017 7:44 AM

No update yet.

Posts 813
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 8 2017 9:49 AM

Mattillo:

Thank you Kris.  I had my computer on this morning but the update did not download.  I'll try again later tonight

Update to the update: there's a synchronization issue with the software, so it hasn't actually shipped yet. But i expect you'll see it later today or tomorrow.

Page 2 of 3 (54 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS