Misleading Logos 7 package product pages due to Feature Set unbundling for Logos Now members

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3219
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Aug 25 2016 9:26 AM

TL/DR: I thought that I purchased Gold, but what I really purchased was Gold without its Feature Set.

I expected that if I purchase a Logos 7 Gold package, that I would have bought and own all the library and all the features which are listed on the product page.

But Logos Now members are only sold the library component of the Gold package. The features are  unbundled for them and aren't included in their purchase. Despite the features being listed on the product page, a Logos Now member doesn't buy and won't own the features shown in the Gold package.

This Feature Set product unbundling from Gold needs to be much more understandable than "* included with their Logos Now membership." It definitely caught me by surprise to realize today that I would have to purchase a separate Feature Set product since it wasn't included in my Gold purchase.

This didn't become obvious to me until I signed out of the site, then viewed the product page again:

• Customers who aren't Logos Now members see the full price as $1822.21 for (P+C) Gold, which includes the Full Feature Set.
  • Customers who are Logos Now members see the full price as  $1222.22 for (P+C) Gold, which does not include the Full Feature Set (as it is "included with their Logos Now membership").

I understand that you're trying to help stop Logos Now members from inadvertently "buying" features that they already "subscribe" to, but it's misleading for the product page to list all the same features, when they're actually not included in the package you're selling.

Don't get me wrong. I love Logos Now, do appreciate the money it has saved me already, and do appreciate new features every 6-8 weeks, but I didn't anticipate that Logos 7 Gold would be a featureless purchase for some of us.

Is it really a good idea to sell two different "bundles" as Gold, when one doesn't include what the other does?

Posts 1426
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 25 2016 9:32 AM

I don't know why Logos didn't fix it, make it easier understand to costumers. You can order featlures set following this link: https://www.logos.com/product/120029/logos-7-full-feature-set 

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 3219
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 25 2016 12:20 PM

Thanks for the link to the separate product.

I thought the Gold package was a good deal at the time, but considering the additional cost of the feature set, I feel like I overpaid now for the library by itself.

Posts 145
Peter Lever | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 25 2016 12:48 PM

I always stay logged in and was never aware that the website ever showed both separate as well as combined pricing for library plus feature set, as much as I did not notice the splitting of a package into library and feature set

Posts 10549
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 25 2016 2:07 PM

PetahChristian:
I thought the Gold package was a good deal at the time, but considering the additional cost of the feature set, I feel like I overpaid now for the library by itself.

You may already know this, but just in case—You can return the Gold package for a full refund and then purchase a package more to your liking/budget.

Posts 13360
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 25 2016 2:10 PM

I agree with you that the product page was confusing. Faithlife have made some changes since, which makes it clearer - but they could still do more, not least:

• Change the wording of "included with your Logos Now membership" to something that makes it obvious is not a gift or free purchase.
  • Remove the list of what's included in the Feature Set from the product page if you're not purchasing a Feature Set.

PetahChristian:
Is it really a good idea to sell two different "bundles" as Gold, when one doesn't include what the other does?

The vocabulary has changed (permanently). Once we've adjusted, it will be fine (although Faithlife should have done more to educate us).

The new vocabulary is that a Base Package is now made up of a Library and a Feature Set. Customers can choose whether to buy just the Library, or just the Feature Set, or both.

Posts 272
LogosEmployee
Glenn Airoldi (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 25 2016 3:07 PM

We are actively working on improving the product pages to more clearly communicate the various user scenarios that exist.  It's currently a top priority.

We do want every customer to be absolutely delighted with Logos 7.

We offer and stand behind our 30 Day Money Back Guarantee.  If for any reason anyone is not satisfied, our customer service team is happy to help you with a return.  You can reach them at 800-875-6467.

Posts 125
Robert | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 25 2016 3:14 PM

Mark Barnes:

The new vocabulary is that a Base Package is now made up of a Library and a Feature Set. Customers can choose whether to buy just the Library, or just the Feature Set, or both.

Mark, thank you - indeed. To borrow your language (esp. one word), the confusion is avoidable by one further change.  

Base Package (Library + Feature Set = both) product pages should, regardless of Logos Now membership, quote both by default, never "Library only" (as presently for LN member). For a LN member logged in, both does not appear on the BP page as an option. This is certainly unfortunate. 

Mark Barnes:

Faithlife have made some changes since, which makes it clearer - but they could still do more, not least:

• Remove the list of what's included in the Feature Set from the product page if you're not purchasing a Feature Set.

This remains for me (no L7 purchase yet) the major source of uncertainty, since the Feature Set contents (including "New to You" functionality) appear without price, only equivalent value if purchased separately. It is only natural to assume inclusion in the BP.

Again, the new definition of a BP is both. So the questions are understandable.  

Grace and peace. <><

Posts 125
Robert | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 25 2016 3:15 PM

And thanks for the feedback, Glenn. Yes

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS