Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 12
Erick Mendieta | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Aug 26 2016 4:57 PM

I recently updated to L7 and was looking at the bible browser and what I'm noticing is that it takes too much time to present results.  I have a Mac and in other computing process inside Logos the computer moves quite fast.  Any thoughts?

Posts 4602
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 26 2016 5:04 PM

I suspect it probably has something to do with your internet connection. The Bible Browser is internet dependent, as it pulls data from the FL servers

Posts 21914
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 26 2016 6:18 PM

Erick Mendieta:

I recently updated to L7 and was looking at the bible browser and what I'm noticing is that it takes too much time to present results.  I have a Mac and in other computing process inside Logos the computer moves quite fast.  Any thoughts?

How long are you seeing it takes?

Posts 5004
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 26 2016 6:31 PM

Erick Mendieta:

yes I find the bible browser and the atlas to slow to be features I would use regularly because of their dependence upon the internet.

Posts 10545
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 11:40 AM

Fredc:
I suspect it probably has something to do with your internet connection.

Not necessarily. I have an exceptionally fast internet connection, and I still sometimes watch the spinning wheel. Either FL's servers are not up to the task, or this is a very popular feature.

Posts 4602
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 3:06 PM

If it is that popular, I'm in the minority again, because since it was initially released I think checking it for this thread was only about the third time I've opened it.

Posts 10545
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 5:53 PM

Fredc:

If it is that popular, I'm in the minority again, because since it was initially released I think checking it for this thread was only about the third time I've opened it.

I was suggesting a possible cause of the slowness. I have only used the feature to test. So far, I have not done anything serious with it.

Posts 919
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 7:15 PM

I must admit I have been "playing" with it for the last hour or so and have found it painfully slow. I am hoping this is temporary and not the norm - especially as it is now producing an error message of "There was an error communicating with the server" as I am trying to change from "Verse" to "Pericope"

Posts 94
Ben Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 8:37 PM

All I get is an empty box sans categories or whatever else is supposed to show up.

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 28 2016 4:22 AM

Bible browser is very slow to move around in, and I have a very fast internet (180 Mbps down/24 Mbs up).

Posts 1394
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 28 2016 4:27 AM

Don Awalt:
(180 Mbps down/24 Mbs up).

Wow, didn't know speeds that high were even available. That must fly!

Logos 8  | Dell Inspiron 7373 | Windows 10 Pro 64, i7, 16GB, SSD | iPhone X | iMac 27" i7, 16GB, SSD | OS 10.13

Posts 4
Andrew Grams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 28 2016 6:02 AM

Ben Bush:

All I get is an empty box sans categories or whatever else is supposed to show up.

Same here.

Posts 94
Ben Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 28 2016 6:50 AM

I followed MJ's advice on another thread and used a translation other than ESV. NRSV, NASB95 or NKJV each worked for me. The Bible Browser was slow but worked with the above translations.

Posts 8006
LogosEmployee

We've shipped some speed improvements for Bible Browser. 

Posts 10545
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 2 2016 3:35 AM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

We've shipped some speed improvements for Bible Browser. 

Much improved. Thank You.

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS