Delete personal book

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1631
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Aug 27 2016 7:46 AM

Having gained the Geneva Bible as part of a Logos package, I want to delete a personal book copy I previously had. But I can't see it listed in my Personal Books any more, so I can't delete it.

Personal Books generally show up in alphabetic order (ignoring definite/indefinite article), so I expect to see it after the Fs but before the GEO below:

It's not there. But it does show up in my Library window:

Suggestions?

Logos 7.0.0.0074 on Windows 10 (64 bit).

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 7:52 AM

I've never considered that.  

Start by opening the Personal book version, and then click the info button in the top corner.  At the bottom you can find the file name.  

You can physically delete that file (I would just move it to the desktop in case things go horribly wrong).

Then load Logos and if necessary reindex. (I hope that isn't really necessary.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 9969
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 8:35 AM

TCBlack:

Start by opening the Personal book version, and then click the info button in the top corner.  At the bottom you can find the file name.  

You can physically delete that file (I would just move it to the desktop in case things go horribly wrong).

Then load Logos and if necessary reindex. (I hope that isn't really necessary.

Why not simply Ctrl-RightClick in the libtary and "Hide Resource"? This does the same. And "Rebuild bible index" would be much faster for a deleted bible than a full reindex - but not necessary, I concur.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 24852
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 2:15 PM

NB.Mick:
Why not simply Ctrl-RightClick in the libtary and "Hide Resource"? This does the same.

You can then unhide it to remove all traces (except that it will be downloaded if it had been uploaded via the PB tool).

NB.Mick:
And "Rebuild bible index" would be much faster for a deleted bible than a full reindex - but not necessary

A personal book will be in the Personal Book Index. rebuild personal index is all that is necessary

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 1631
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 6:22 PM

Thanks to TCBlack, NB.Mick, and Dave Horton.

After closing Logos and deleting the file, Logos took care of the reindexing when I opened it again.

Appreciated.

Posts 24852
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 28 2016 12:29 AM

Allen Browne:
After closing Logos and deleting the file, Logos took care of the reindexing when I opened it again.

Reindexing doesn't happen automatically when you remove a personal book, so it happened for another reason!

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 1631
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 28 2016 3:43 AM

Dave Hooton:
Reindexing doesn't happen automatically when you remove a personal book, so it happened for another reason!

Thanks Dave.

After reading your reply, I've initiated a rebuild personal index to make sure it did happen. Thanks.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS