Let Us Thank Faithlife for Logos 7!

Page 3 of 4 (70 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 69 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 143
Peter Lever | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 28 2016 1:54 AM

Thanks Faithlife:

1. Faithlife let me have Logos 7 without paying all at once
  2. Logos 7 runs fantastically on my 'listed' laptop even though it initially refused.
  3. Faithlife let me buy the feature set than restricting it to 'Membership'.
Posts 757
Fr. Charles R. Matheny | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 28 2016 3:23 AM

Here is my point- in short, not drivel , a real point:
How many of you thanked Microsoft or Apple for the Operating system Logos runs on?
Are you thankful for all the code Logos uses they didn't write, they license/rent/lease?

Do you remember to be just as thankful and patient with issues at Walmart, Lowes, the electric company, water dept., sanitation?

I'm trying to find out what "thanks, thankful" means here?

What I see in society around me isn't much "thankfulness" and I'm all over this country- mostly I hear: Those people are ripping us off, taking advantage of us, why isn't this free, that free, they never do things right, they don't care etc, etc, etc- all towards companies no different than Logos- bottom line companies with hard working employees , many practicing great tradecraft , but, the bible isn't involved - do you thank them, do you write them letters, do you support them.

What about those folks out working in storms to get your electricity back on- ever wrote them a letter?

As I clearly stated,, I have no issue whatsoever about people thanking Logos, Im just trying to understand what Im seeing here, that doesn't happen elsewhere.

Posts 2869
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 28 2016 3:35 AM

Fr. Charles R. Matheny:

Why are we thanking a corporation for making money?
I mean , I'm glad they are making money and, trying to improve product but, I see no reason to thank them for making said money.

I don't feel the need to thank Apple for making computers and iPhones 
Anyone thanked Mc Donalds for making money lately ???

I have never thanked a Car dealership for selling me a car.

I have no issue with people doing what they want to do, i just study "why " people do what they do.

Are there discounts your getting others have not?
Did logos do something for you personally they don't do for others and, did it at no cost?

Is it that you think Logos is some type of ministry and they exist to serve you?
surely not!

Logos is a business, for profit, your simply wage earners they seek to get money from for a product they create- Logos won't be at your funeral, they won't write software and supply resources free or at cost- they are a business, they have to make money, and, thats good, the create jobs, the are part of the local financial community where ever they are, they are part of the cash flow that makes things work.

I'm just wondering what makes people want to "thank" logos when Im willing to bet no one has even considered the Railroads for being Railroads or the bank for charging interest.

Thanks, very interested in the responses.

I have stopped posting for a very long time, due to unhappy incident on me by somebody in the forum. But I wonder being or claiming to be a Christian not to be thankful to Faithlife . I don't think I can count easily the reasons for which I am thankful for to Faithlife. It is beyond my imagination what they freely give us for which we take it for granted. By the way instead of taking time and energy criticizing it is better to take time to thank them.If not better to keep hands away. I don't understand why it makes someone uncomfortable to see Faithlife be thanked for which they deserve by their customers.  I have never intended to post for any reason on any subject, but I am so amazed to see such posts. It profits no body.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 757
Fr. Charles R. Matheny | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 28 2016 3:54 AM

I'm not uncomfortable with faith life being thanked- I'm uncomfortable with others not being thanked.

Those that do more, with less.
Those that provide more, help more, save lives, stand in between danger and ourselves and far less money.

Im concerned with the terrible, terrible idea and reality consumerism being king.
Im thankful for my computers and software, but more so the military men and women fighting ISIS in Iraq, the good cop standing watch, the families of slain cops, the electric worker in a bucket in the storm restoring power to the hospitals, the sanitation worker that never hears a "thanks, your important".

How about thanking those that actually serve for little as much we as thank those that get wealthy .

Posts 2869
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 28 2016 4:10 AM

"Let Us Thank Faithlife for Logos 7". Here what is mentioned is to thank Logos for logos seven. If Others have to be thanked they should be thanked for which they have to be thanked for. This thread has to do only with thanking Faithlife for logos 7. Thanking Faithlife for logos 7 doesn't make not to be thankful for others. If there is any reason that Faithlife has done not to be thanked for logos 7 for me  it is clear that he hasn't heard about logos 7. But anyone who has seen it , even if he has not bought like me will appreciate for the efforts they have done.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 178
Kendall Sholtess | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 28 2016 4:11 AM

Tes: "I have stopped posting for a very long time, due to unhappy incident on me by somebody in the forum."

Good to see you again, Tes. I remember the days when you were active making friends here. Actually I don't post much either. I changed my e-mail and never cared about getting my post count fixed. But I still have fond memories of the old days...

Posts 2869
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 28 2016 4:16 AM

Kendall Sholtess:

Tes: "I have stopped posting for a very long time, due to unhappy incident on me by somebody in the forum."

Good to see you again, Tes. I remember the days when you were active making friends here. Actually I don't post much either. I changed my e-mail and never cared about getting my post count fixed. But I still have fond memories of the old days...

Thanks Kendall it is a great comfort.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 758
Jack Hairston | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 28 2016 5:13 AM

Josh:

I sometimes wonder what some of the great theological minds of history (Augustine, Jerome, Luther, Calvin, Spurgeon, Moody, Barth, etc.) would have accomplished if they had access to Logos.

Or the mistakes they would have avoided.

Posts 10482
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 28 2016 5:18 AM

Fr. Charles R. Matheny:
What I see in society around me isn't much "thankfulness" and I'm all over this country- mostly I hear: Those people are ripping us off, taking advantage of us, why isn't this free, that free, they never do things right, they don't care etc, etc, etc- all towards companies no different than Logos- bottom line companies with hard working employees , many practicing great tradecraft , but, the bible isn't involved - do you thank them, do you write them letters, do you support them.

Since you only interact with me—and others who have expressed thanks to FL—on these forums, how do you know that I am unthankful to these people?

As a matter of fact, I receive a great deal of thanks in my everyday activities from the people to whom I sell a product. I wear a ball cap with the name and hull number of the last sub on which I served. Almost every day someone thanks me for my military service. I know that there are many ungrateful, greedy people in modern society, but I choose not to allow them to consume my attention. It is much better to focus on the generous and thankful ones.

In the interest of complete honesty, I must add—While I wish that the above were 100% true, I do at times lose patience with chronic whiners Embarrassed

Posts 758
Jack Hairston | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 28 2016 5:22 AM

Erik:

It's times like this that make me really miss Milford.

I still miss him too.

Posts 2238
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 28 2016 6:27 AM

I can imagine a life without Logos, but I still want to say thanks. You guys are awesome.

Fr. Charles R. Matheny:
I mean , I'm glad they are making money and, trying to improve product but, I see no reason to thank them for making said money.

I'm not thanking them for making money, but for great customer service, good business ethics, integrity how they deal with errors and mistakes that sometimes happen on your side.

Too many companies follow bad business practices, such as bad treatment of employees, outsourcing into countries with awful working conditions etc.

Besides, most companies don't have a location to send feedback as in this forum, where core employees, and even the CEO get involved.

Where would I go to thank the McDonalds CEO? He'd not even be interested in reading what I have to say...

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 757
Fr. Charles R. Matheny | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 28 2016 7:40 AM

Btw: A big thanks to all- you have actually helped a study of mine a good bit and, I'm grateful - thank you very much.

Secondly: I to am thankful for my Bible software, the Logo's staff in both sales and tech support.
I am glad anytime i see people practice good tradecraft with their gifting .
I like Bob , I appreciate his open attitude when he posts- I disagree with him on issues from time to time, but I cannot find fault with his communications at all.

So, yes, thanks Logos for all you do.
I make it a point to thank Cops, Firemen, Utility workers, sanitation , soldiers , musicians - all types of people- all the time, my prayer is we all do that, all the time.

Blessings.

Posts 490
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 28 2016 8:06 AM

Tes:
I have stopped posting for a very long time,

I can definitely say it's good to see a post from you again! You've always been a pleasant and helpful voice on the forums. 

MBPro'12 / i5 / 8GB // 3.0 Scholars (Purple) / L6 & L7 Platinum, M&E Platinum, Anglican Bronze, P&C Silver / L8 Platinum, Academic Pro

Posts 588
Steve Maling | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 28 2016 8:16 AM

So say many of us, Tes, even though we know you only through your posts. We pray your studies are going well and that you, yourself are well.

Posts 10031
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 28 2016 9:17 AM

Can't speak to Fr Matheny's thinking.  And no fault of the OP, but the title-ing for me did grate, and the same thought maybe as Fr Charles.

Maybe cultural or religious tradition, but 'Let us thank ...' was/is God, followed by something critical ... not a software update.

And thanking probably has to do with personal value. For many, 6.14 or 7.0 as thankful Logos is still alive. Bob's good.

For me, thanks to whoever did the DSS interlinear ... not unlike the earlier DSS Bible, and nice idea. And whoever thought to do the 3-way vulgate ... I see that was interestingly major.

Posts 2869
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 28 2016 11:40 AM

Richard Villanueva:

Tes:
I have stopped posting for a very long time,

I can definitely say it's good to see a post from you again! You've always been a pleasant and helpful voice on the forums. 

Richard thank you for welcoming me and encouraging me. Despite what happened to  me  I have benefited a lot from the forums. I am very grateful for Faithlife which has given me tools and resources which have helped me to study my Bible. They are more worth than what money can do. 

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 2869
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 28 2016 11:41 AM

Steve Maling:

So say many of us, Tes, even though we know you only through your posts. We pray your studies are going well and that you, yourself are well.

Thank you sir. It is good to hear to be prayed for.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 538
Brent Hoefling | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 28 2016 2:07 PM

where's that pesky like button when you need one

. :) hehhheee

Posts 809
Cynthia in Florida | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 29 2016 5:00 PM

I am VERY thankful to FL for Logos and other resources they have made available to me for my time in God's Word.  I have grown in my faith because of it...so I guess you WOULD call FL a ministry, that happens to employ people, that happens to pay their bills, that happens to move the economy, that happens to keep people off unemployment, that happens to...

I can't believe that some people will actually argue over whether or not someone should be thankful!?  Wow!  Instead, if you aren't feeling thankful, remember that no one DEMANDS you to be thankful.  But don't make another person feel bad for having a sense of gratitude and inviting others to join. The back button out of the thread works fine!

Cynthia

Romans 8:28-38

Posts 538
Brent Hoefling | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 29 2016 5:18 PM

also, I am thankful that I can be thankful.

Page 3 of 4 (70 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS