Let Us Thank Faithlife for Logos 7!

Page 4 of 4 (70 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
This post has 69 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 754
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 29 2016 6:08 PM

Denise:

Can't speak to Fr Matheny's thinking.  And no fault of the OP, but the title-ing for me did grate, and the same thought maybe as Fr Charles.

Maybe cultural or religious tradition, but 'Let us thank ...' was/is God, followed by something critical ... not a software update.

And thanking probably has to do with personal value. For many, 6.14 or 7.0 as thankful Logos is still alive. Bob's good.

For me, thanks to whoever did the DSS interlinear ... not unlike the earlier DSS Bible, and nice idea. And whoever thought to do the 3-way vulgate ... I see that was interestingly major.

These specific resources represent the vision and hard work of Rick Brannan, Peter Venable, Andrew Curtis, Isaiah Hoogendyk, others on the Content Innovation team, and others throughout the company.

We work hard to produce things that we hope our customers will value, and like everybody else, this isn't the only thing we could do with our time. So it's great to be appreciated. Smile

Posts 24
Dave Sloma | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 29 2016 7:15 PM

As usual, I feel so blessed to have at my fingertips so much information to help me in my Christian life.  Whether to learn, to reflect, to meditate, to record or to grow, I've never found anything like it.  Thank you Logos team for the newest package of help.

Posts 90
Steve Nicholson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 29 2016 8:38 PM

I have just updated to Logos 7 and find it awesome. Thank you FaithLife for putting in the hard yards to provide such useful Bible Study tools. Excellent work!

Posts 2941
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 30 2016 1:57 AM

Cynthia in Florida:

I am VERY thankful to FL for Logos and other resources they have made available to me for my time in God's Word.  I have grown in my faith because of it...so I guess you WOULD call FL a ministry, that happens to employ people, that happens to pay their bills, that happens to move the economy, that happens to keep people off unemployment, that happens to...

I can't believe that some people will actually argue over whether or not someone should be thankful!?  Wow!  Instead, if you aren't feeling thankful, remember that no one DEMANDS you to be thankful.  But don't make another person feel bad for having a sense of gratitude and inviting others to join. The back button out of the thread works fine!

Thank you! I agree with you 100%.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 10178
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 30 2016 5:25 AM

Thanks, Sean ... the latin work obviously caught me by surprise ... and a very pleasant surprise. Hopefully, BWS functionality is in the wings .... ok, ok ... for NOW'ers.

Posts 487
John Duffy | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 30 2016 7:38 AM

Another thankful customer - most of all thankful to God for his Word, and thankful to Bob and all at Faithlife for Logos Bible Software to be able to study it and many more resources so effectively. Smile

Posts 43
Ben Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 30 2016 10:38 AM

Thanks for 7.0. Logos has been an essential program on every computer I've owned for 20 years--and it is usually up and running. I've read the Bible through several times with my own Reading Plans and would not be able to count the sermons, lessons and articles that have used material from Logos Resources. I like the attention to detail, such as the colored popup graphs which show the frequency of words and the pie charts which show the translations of original language words. With 7.0 I've been exploring the Concordance Tool. I truly appreciate that Logos seems to run smoother and quicker with each version. I'm glad we're not back in 5.0! I've worked with memorization on the Passage List as well as practicing Greek pronunciation with the Greek Alphabet Tutor. Notes are one of the strengths of Logos, and I appreciate that they are backed up automatically and available on all my computers. Of course the regular updates to both the application and resources are a great help.

I always buy a package when a new version comes out as well as buy new resources from time to time to support Faithlife. So, thank you for providing such a valuable tool in my life and ministry.

Ben

Posts 325
Sue McIntyre | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 7 2016 3:14 PM

Thank you to the Faithlife team Cake

I am continually amazed and grateful for the functionally and power of the Logos/Verbum software - although It will probably still be a long while before I am proficient in discovering and using all it offers!

All your hard work in developing new features and providing a comprehensive library is very much appreciated. Logos enables me to study externally without easy access to a theological library in the rural area where I live ComputerGeeked

Posts 1095
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 7 2016 7:10 PM

Peter Lever:

I cannot imagine a life without Logos. Through the years it has become an indispensible part of my daily life. I am incredibly thankful for the transformative experience that it provides. It helps me impact lives, churches and communities. The latest release gives me tools like Hebrew Grammatical Constructions and OT Propositional Outlines that I value greatly. The Mobile Ed courses that by themselves cover the cost of some Libraries are a great value. Thanks for Bob, Faithlife staff, and the MVPs for the hard work behind Logos 7. I never had to pay separately for cloud based Sync or the mobile apps. Thanks for the generosity.

thank you so much for the positive reflection here. So nice to see this type of attitude and the barrage of kind words.  There should be much more posts like these in these forums. 😁😄

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College
Mac OS 10.13.6 High Sierra, Mid 2015 iMac, 2.5GHz i7, 32 gbRAM, 1tbSSD

Posts 2941
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 9 2016 2:21 AM

Myke Harbuck:

Peter Lever:

I cannot imagine a life without Logos. Through the years it has become an indispensible part of my daily life. I am incredibly thankful for the transformative experience that it provides. It helps me impact lives, churches and communities. The latest release gives me tools like Hebrew Grammatical Constructions and OT Propositional Outlines that I value greatly. The Mobile Ed courses that by themselves cover the cost of some Libraries are a great value. Thanks for Bob, Faithlife staff, and the MVPs for the hard work behind Logos 7. I never had to pay separately for cloud based Sync or the mobile apps. Thanks for the generosity.

thank you so much for the positive reflection here. So nice to see this type of attitude and the barrage of kind words.  There should be much more posts like these in these forums. 😁😄

Thank you for your kind and constructive words. It is a great encouragement for Faithlife and for many of us too.

Blessings in Christ.

Page 4 of 4 (70 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS