Show multiple resource view Hebrew oversized

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 465
Brian W. Davidson | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Aug 28 2016 6:19 PM

The Hebrew is way too large compared to the Greek in multiple resource view and I can't change it:

Posts 1736
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 28 2016 8:48 PM

We have plans to rebuild our Hebrew texts to use a size that corresponds to English and Greek text. I'll add a link to this thread in the case.

Posts 687
Jack Hairston | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 29 2016 6:40 AM

If you change this, please make a way for me to leave it it way it is now. As a default, I prefer a larger font size for Hebrew (20 points) with regular text (11 points).

Posts 924
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 29 2016 6:54 AM

Jack Hairston:
If you change this, please make a way for me to leave it it way it is now. As a default, I prefer a larger font size for Hebrew (20 points) with regular text (11 points).

Yes I too find that I prefer Hebrew text to be in a larger size than English or Greek text. It just seems more readable to me that way.

Posts 234
Colin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 4 2016 1:59 AM

I'm with Jack and Matthew. Given several similar looking letters and the tiny vowel points, Hebrew is more easily read in a larger font size. I suspect that most of the users who read the Hebrew text will be in agreement. 

Colin. 

Posts 9807
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 4 2016 5:44 AM

I hope, independent of the MR issue, that the hebrew font size RANGE is extended into smaller values. I have all my hebrew/aramaic at smallest values.

The multiple resource window is another issue ... font size DEFAULT.  That is indeed arguable.

Posts 234
Colin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 4 2016 8:53 AM

Hi Denise, 

I'm glad I said 'most' Smile

You seem to be a very competent Hebraist so unlike many of us, you probably don't need the vowels to make sense of the text. But I like your thought - surely the range can be extended more generally and an option there to decrease the size in the MR window if desired.

Colin.     

Posts 9807
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 4 2016 9:33 AM

Colin, I appreciate your attitude.

But I'm no hebraist remotely (smiling) .. those that live the language are due the appelation. But I admittedly operate by consonent ... more literally bumps and spacing. I wonder if how people read is the letters vs the word shape.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS