Some isseus with Faithlife TV

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 98
Johan L | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Aug 28 2016 11:26 PM

I've been looking around for something like this for a while and it seems good so far. Thank you

During a couple of days of using the service some issues have showed up however.

Pausing and unpausing seems to make player skip a couple of seconds (using edge.)

It has some hiccups (despite my, theoretical, 1GB line.) I am in Japan, so this may be a factor.

Today we wanted to see some programs the Archeology and Jesus series. The first program started fine, but stopped after about 15s. There were no sign of buffering or loading (don't know if this is a feature or bug).

Reloading did not seem to work, but after going back and opening the the show again a couple of times i played fine. I tried to start the second show but it didn't start either. For the fun of it I just left it alone. It started playing after about 30m. Yesterday we watched Bonhoeffer just fine, but there were hiccups when testing other programs after.

I am aware the thing is in beta but I would really appreciate a search button.

Up until now I've had the "try free today" (or something like it) on the top of the page despite already being a member, but this seems to have been fixed.

EDIT: I also hope you can add a watchlist soon :-)

Posts 11
Tiffany Lin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 29 2016 2:13 PM

Hi Johan, 

I'm glad you're liking Faithlife TV so far! I'm sorry to hear that you've been having issues with the player. 

What windows and edge versions are you using? Do the same problems occur on another browser?

Posts 99
LogosEmployee
Patrick Nausha (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 29 2016 2:29 PM

Johan Leirvik:

I am aware the thing is in beta but I would really appreciate a search button.

EDIT: I also hope you can add a watchlist soon :-)

Both of these features are on our todo list. Search will likely come before watch lists.

Software Developer
Faithlife

Posts 98
Johan L | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 29 2016 5:14 PM

Thank you both for your replies.

I'm using Windows 10 Pro 1511.

Edge 25.10586.

I've not had any problems apart from these two times and some hiccups with the live streams. In general I find the streaming quality to be very good. I will check with other browsers next time I use the site.

Patrick Nausha:

Both of these features are on our todo list. Search will likely come before watch lists.

Wasn't expecting any less. But thank you for letting me know.

Posts 98
Johan L | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 30 2016 8:24 AM

New night with the same behavior on the same set up. Tried going back and starting again twice, it started playing very quickly, played 5-15 seconds, then froze with no indication of what was going on (no spinning circle). It did not start at all despite being in the background unpaused for about an hour.

Then tried Opera (v. 39). It worked pretty well. Used a little longer to load (maybe 15 seconds, with the circle), but faced no indication of anything wrong for a long time. There were two times in one hour where it started to buffer (for about 5 seconds i believe). After one of these there seemed to be a small lag on either the sound or the picture, but not enough that my wife noticed.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS