Logos on Multiple Computers?

Page 3 of 4 (62 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 61 Replies | 8 Followers

Posts 1150
Anthony H | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 26 2011 8:23 AM

David Mitchell:

Michael Florant:

Will we be able to highlight and take notes on the Ipad as well and have it sync back to Logos desktop? I know everyone wants to be able to use their iPad as a study tool because of the portability but without being able to highlight and take notes like all the other book readers, the Logos App is not being used to its fullest capacity. I hope and pray that it is coming soon.

Mike

Yes. The same code powers both apps.

HAZAH!!!  looking forward to this....what an understatement.   Big Smile

Posts 12
Jim West | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 7 2012 10:20 AM

i had exactly the same question and am appreciative of the answer

Posts 7
Dante Infante | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 23 2012 12:38 AM

It is possible to install the logos software in library with 25 computers or more? What needs to be consider.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 23 2012 2:13 AM

Dante Infante:

It is possible to install the logos software in library with 25 computers or more? What needs to be consider.

Welcome Big Smile

One consideration is license handling since every human user needs their own Logos license; related consideration is user account management on library computers along with storage so each licensed Logos user has their own account, which is not shared with others.  Scholar's Platinum uses ~ 11 GB in the users folder.

Logos license agreement => http://www.logos.com/support/EULA includes:

All licenses are single human being licenses. We do not offer site-licenses, shared licenses, co-op licenses, library licenses or multi-user licenses.

Related thread => Licensing for University Library

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 23 2012 3:50 AM

Dante Infante:

Answered at http://community.logos.com/forums/p/51292/377565.aspx#377565.

(Please don't ask the same question in multiple threads. It just complicates the answering.)

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 23 2012 6:10 AM

fgh:
(Please don't ask the same question in multiple threads. It just complicates the answering.)

It also ticks people off because it comes across as a child who was told no by his/her mother then goes ask the same question to his/her father.

Posts 34
Nathaniel&Kelsey Stamper | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 23 2012 6:50 AM

Thanks for posting the link for the license agreement. 

"All licenses are single human being licenses. We do not offer site-licenses, shared licenses, co-op licenses, library licenses or multi-user licenses."

Does this mean that I cannot share my Logos account with my wife? I cannot find anything on this page relating to spouses.

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 23 2012 7:36 AM

tom collinge:
It also ticks people off because...

Sorry Tom, but it ticks me off a whole lot more when old users like you can't let it alone with one person commenting on a newbie's very minor mistake in a matter of protocol, but absolutely have to add their own reprimand as well -- and a very over the top one at that. Would you feel welcome if, on your first day here, you were told you were 'childish'? For something like this?

(If you delete your post, I'll delete this.)

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 23 2012 8:29 AM

Nathaniel Stamper:
Does this mean that I cannot share my Logos account with my wife?

From a strictly legal perspective: yes.

In practice: not necessarily. Bob has essentially said that if you're two professional users (students, teachers, ministers...), then you need two licenses, but if you're 'just' husband and wife, or one professional with a spouse that does a bit of devotional reading on the side, then he's ok with you sharing (though he won't put it in the EULA since he knows the always-looking-for-loopholes crowd would use it against him).

Same with kids: if it's a ten-year-old doing a school assignment: fine; if it's a grown-up doing a theology degree: not fine, he should have his own.

Let's see if I can locate the thread... yes, here it is: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/341/3265.aspx#3265.

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 23 2012 8:45 AM

Nathaniel Stamper:

Thanks for posting the link for the license agreement. 

"All licenses are single human being licenses. We do not offer site-licenses, shared licenses, co-op licenses, library licenses or multi-user licenses."

Does this mean that I cannot share my Logos account with my wife? I cannot find anything on this page relating to spouses.

Wiki Logos Speaks includes => Logos’ EULA—Single user (Bob Pritchett, CEO)

Thread => Logos Software in Library includes a reply => http://community.logos.com/forums/p/51292/377588.aspx#377588 since spousal sharing of one Logos account has practical ramifications.  Personally my wife and I have separate Logos libraries on different computers with different email addresses; she prefers stable releases while beta is my choice.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 23 2012 10:08 AM

Nathaniel Stamper:
This has been discussed before, and because your wife is a human being, she needs her own license.

Posts 34
Nathaniel&Kelsey Stamper | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 23 2012 10:42 AM

Thanks man! I appreciate your condescending comments. 

Posts 30484
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 23 2012 4:31 PM

Nathaniel Stamper:

Nathaniel - it would be good to wade through all the links which have been provided, but the short answer is no. Bob (the founder and CEO of the company) has defined "one user" generously to include immediate family members who 1) live in the same household and 2) are not involved in vocational ministry. This would exclude married couple who are both vocational ministers. It would also exclude grown children who have moved out of the home.

There are a number of practical reasons why you may want to have separate licenses (such as notes, highlights, preferences, etc), but when the owner of the company grants you additional privileges, you can do so with a clean conscience. Smile

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2
Jonathan J. Foster | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 7 2012 6:12 AM

alabama24:
Currently, no. However, this is in the works and is supposed to be here "soon." Of course, soon is relative. It is much shorter for the developers on a timetable, and much longer for us users! Big Smile

Any update on this one?  Does Logos 4 now support the synchronization of highlighting and/or notes?  I have a Mac at work and a PC at home, and I'd love for my notes at home to transfer to the other!  (and vice versa)

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 7 2012 6:25 AM

Jonathan J. Foster:
Any update on this one?  Does Logos 4 now support the synchronization of highlighting and/or notes?  I have a Mac at work and a PC at home, and I'd love for my notes at home to transfer to the other!  (and vice versa)
 For the most part yes.  For your case, it should work.  They are still working with mobile devices.

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 7 2012 6:32 AM

Jonathan J. Foster:

Welcome to the forums. The post you're quoting was talking about sync between an iPod and a real computer. Syncing between desk- and/or laptops has worked for as long as I can remember.

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 30484
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 7 2012 6:36 AM

As Tom and fgh said, you can sync highlights & notes. The quote was about iOS devices. I am unsure about the status of Andriod syncing. 

Do you have Logos installed on both computers? Do you need a link to download either the PC or MAC installers?

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2
Jonathan J. Foster | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 9 2012 7:39 PM

Thanks all for your answers!  I just figured how to get my Logos 3 notes/highlighting into Logos 4 on my PC at home, so I'll be glad to see them synced with my work Mac.

Alabama24 - yes, Logos is installed on both.  I don't think I need a download link, but thanks for the offer!

Posts 26
Douglas Collins | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 4 2021 11:47 AM

How does this synchronization thing work? I have downloaded logos to my ipad, but, all I have is my preferred bible and a list of all my books in my library. Isn't my layout on my computer also supposed to be on my ipad?

Both my computer and ipad are on right now, but, if I turn my computer off, will I still be able to synch to my logos? Thanks.

Posts 9552
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 4 2021 3:12 PM

The iPad does not have layouts. It does not have all the tools available in the desktop/laptop app.

Synchronization works between two computers, not a computer and a mobile device.

On mobile devices Logos does not automatically download your books, You select which ones to download from the Library. However, as long as you have an internet connection all your books will open on your iPad.

Sounds like you would benefit from viewing the mobile device tutorials found here: https://support.logos.com/hc/en-us (scroll down to the mobile app section).

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Page 3 of 4 (62 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS