Error Message on Logos 4: LOGOS 4 HAS STOPPED WORKING CORRECTLY

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 20
Tim McMillian | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Mar 6 2010 6:19 PM

I aplogize if this questions been address in a previous post, but I haven't been able to find an answer  that I can understand.

I'm running Logos 4 on my laptop with Windows 7 and an intel i5 processor.  I clicked on my library and got the message that "Logos 4 has stopped working correctly" and it promted me to close.  I've tried restarting the machine and opening logos again but each time get the same error message.

Please help!!!

timmcmillian@gmail.com

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 6 2010 6:20 PM

For us to help, you will need to provide logs. Read: http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging and http://wiki.logos.com/Uploading_Logs

Posts 1539
Blair Laird | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 6 2010 6:23 PM

I dont believe Logos has made an official fix for it. I had to unistall logos and reinstall it to fix mine. Someone may have a better answer, but that is the only thing that I am aware will work. I believe the problem is a currupt file that causes it. I could be wrong, but I think that was the reason. Some have said delete your index file, but others have responded it did not work for them. You need to upload your log files so to be sure it is the same problem other are having before you do anything

Posts 26619
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 6 2010 6:57 PM

Blair Laird:
You need to upload your log files so to be sure it is the same problem other are having before you do anything

Precisely, Logos can stop working for any number of reasons so we can't assume it is an index problem.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 32215
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 6 2010 7:00 PM

Dave Hooton:
Logos can stop working for any number of reasons so we can't assume it is an index problem.

Least likely cause: a work stoppage as the result of stalled labor negotiations with the imps responsible for moving all those bits around.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 26619
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 6 2010 9:06 PM

Imp, yourselfBig Smile

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 1145
William | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 7 2010 12:21 AM

Good grief!!!

Just 2 months ago the imps were taking bytes of the bits.  Big Smile

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS