Edit "series" tags

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 63
Bryan Speer | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Sep 1 2016 7:19 PM

I want to make wholesale changes in how I have the series configured from my large library.  

Instead of editing each series setting, is there a text file I can use either search/replace or REGEX on to replace a lot of characters at one time.  The other way is going to get time consuming

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 1 2016 7:51 PM

Are you trying to combine resources in to one series that are currently two or more series

Posts 63
Bryan Speer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 1 2016 8:34 PM

No, I am trying to reformat the labels I have in the series.  I want to replace all the "/" with ".".  I can do it with one fatal swoop if a text file exists that I can edit.  If not, it will be a little time consuming.

Posts 33783
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 2 2016 2:22 PM

You can rename a tag across all occurrences which helps but does not solve the problem. Or are you talking about the series tag itself which you can change by selecting the entire series and entering the new value in the series name field.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 13420
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 2 2016 2:38 PM

Bryan Speer:
is there a text file I can use either search/replace or REGEX on to replace a lot of characters at one time

The data is stored in an SQLite file, not a text file. If you did edit that directly, Logos wouldn't know it had been edited, and therefore the data wouldn't sync, and would be in danger of getting overwritten from the server.

So there's no easy way of doing it, sorry.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS