Every Single Logos Book?

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 79
Theophilus | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Mar 7 2010 9:31 AM

Short question: Is every single book that presently exists in Logos format (either L3 or L4) listed on the Logos Website?

Long version: When I'm looking to purchase a particular book in Logos format, the first place I go to is the Logos Website and search for it by title (eg. "Evidence That Demands A Verdict" by Josh McDowell). Suppose it does not show up (as in this example). Can I conclude with certainty that this book, to this day, is not available as a Logos book? This means that it is not bundled in any base package, it is not a current pre-pub, it is not hidden in a package of a publishing partner's bundle of products, etc. Can I safely assume that any Logos-formatted book - even if published by a publishing partner - will show up on the Logos website? Or do I need to check publishing partner's websites one-by-one separately and search there for Logos format books?

Thanks.

Posts 271
Don | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 7 2010 11:12 AM
Other places to look.
Posts 2595
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 7 2010 1:11 PM

Evidence that Demands a Verdict is not available in Logos, but there are several others all by McDowell: Handbook on Apologetics, Answers to Tough Questions and Evidence of Christianity.  The last one is not available on Logos' website.  Due to forum rules, I don't think I can post the website.  However, the first 2 books are good.  The Handbook on Apologetics covers many of this material in Evidence that Demands a Verdict.

http://www.logos.com/ebooks/details/5quest

http://www.logos.com/products/details/1185

Hope this helps,

Ron

Posts 1669
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 7 2010 1:39 PM

RonaldQuick:
Due to forum rules, I don't think I can post the website. 

- I guess this means somebody misses out...

Regards, SteveF

Posts 79
Theophilus | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 7 2010 3:16 PM

Thanks Don & Ron.

Actually, I've already spent quite a lot of time searching many different websites and have already more or less come to the conclusion that Evidence is not available in Logos format. I also already have the other two of McDowell's books that Ron mentioned.

What I really meant to ask was, can one come to that same conclusion (more quickly) by checking the Logos website only, the rationale here being that any book that uses the Logos format (even if published by partners) would be sold by Logos too. I cited Evidence merely as one example; there are many other books too that I'd like to get my hands on in Logos format. What I really need is a faster way to check if a particular book exists in Logos format. For example, is there any book that is in Logos format, and can only be bought from a publishing partner, but cannot be found on the Logos website?

Sorry I wasn't clear, and thanks again for the help given.

Posts 79
Theophilus | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 7 2010 3:39 PM

RonaldQuick:
Evidence of Christianity ... is not available on Logos' website.  Due to forum rules, I don't think I can post the website.

Ooops. Sorry, Ron.

I just re-read your reply and realized that you've already given one example of a book that exists in Logos format, cannot be found on the Logos website, but is available elsewhere. I don't need to know what that website is. But (if even the Logos shop is not complete in selling Logos products) I'm more keen to learn how to most quickly determine if any title is available in Logos format. I'm not really concerned, at this juncture, who I have to eventually buy it from. Is there no "one-stop" repository I can just check at? Do I really have to google or check site by site?

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 7 2010 4:42 PM

Theophilus:

RonaldQuick:
Evidence of Christianity ... is not available on Logos' website.  Due to forum rules, I don't think I can post the website.

Ooops. Sorry, Ron.

I just re-read your reply and realized that you've already given one example of a book that exists in Logos format, cannot be found on the Logos website, but is available elsewhere. I don't need to know what that website is. But (if even the Logos shop is not complete in selling Logos products) I'm more keen to learn how to most quickly determine if any title is available in Logos format. I'm not really concerned, at this juncture, who I have to eventually buy it from. Is there no "one-stop" repository I can just check at? Do I really have to google or check site by site?

This is a Logos 3 book!

http://www.logos.com/products/details/2840

Episode 3: The New Evidence that Demands a Verdict

Josh McDowell is regarded by many Christians and theologians as one of the most effective apologetics speakers around. When McDowell published his first powerful defense of the Bible in his book, "The Evidence that Demands a Verdict," it became a national bestseller within a matter of months. McDowell's writings contained a body of undeniable evidence on the validity of Holy Scripture.

More recently McDowell has added additional information to his already solid thesis, and has made the validity of the Bible even more undeniable. This program is the special television version of that powerful information presented by McDowell himself.

Written and Presented by: Josh McDowell

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 1163
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 7 2010 4:43 PM

No, there is no one-step repository to tell if a book is available in Logos format. Perhaps you could create one :).

BTW, if Logos is not selling a particular book I don't see how they can object to your linking to their publishing partner who is selling the book.

Tom

Posts 3883
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 7 2010 4:46 PM

Milford Charles Murray:

Is this a book or a video?

Blessings,

Floyd

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 7 2010 4:49 PM

Floyd Johnson:

Milford Charles Murray:

Is this a book or a video?

Blessings,

Floyd

Guess it's a video! 

Apologetics: Defending the Faith" Video Series [DVD-ROM]

Suggested
Retail Price
Sale PriceYou Save 
3.0 DVD-ROM $115.99 CAD (112.75 USD)* $92.53 CAD (89.95 USD)* $23.45 CAD (22.80 USD)*
Payments starting at just $22.11 CAD (21.49 USD) *   Click for details...

Important Mac
Information

To use this product with Logos Bible Software for Mac, you will need the Logos Bible Software for Mac engine, which is included in our five Mac base packages.

Browse similar products
"Apologetics: Defending the Faith" Video Series [DVD-ROM]

Logos is pleased to offer the CrossTV/Word Pictures “Apologetics: Defending the Faith” video series as our newest addition to the Libronix video library. Using the Libronix Digital Library System, with incorporated video capabilities, this 6-part series is accessible for study and reference. The video book series utilizes the same tagging techniques featured in our electronic book collections, so it fits seamlessly into your existing library, adding a new tool in your study of apologetics.

This product includes a DVD-ROM disc and is intended for playback on your computer using your Libronix Digital Library System.

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 6779
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 7 2010 7:05 PM

Theophilus:

Short question: Is every single book that presently exists in Logos format (either L3 or L4) listed on the Logos Website?

Long version: When I'm looking to purchase a particular book in Logos format, the first place I go to is the Logos Website and search for it by title (eg. "Evidence That Demands A Verdict" by Josh McDowell). Suppose it does not show up (as in this example). Can I conclude with certainty that this book, to this day, is not available as a Logos book? This means that it is not bundled in any base package, it is not a current pre-pub, it is not hidden in a package of a publishing partner's bundle of products, etc. Can I safely assume that any Logos-formatted book - even if published by a publishing partner - will show up on the Logos website? Or do I need to check publishing partner's websites one-by-one separately and search there for Logos format books?

Thanks.

Here is one that you may find interesting.

This comprehensive multimedia library of scientific research on earth’s history and the origin of life from the perspective of Creation contains the follow resources:

Origins. The scholarly scientific journal that reports on original research and other investigations concerning the origin and past history of the natural world (52 volumes since 1974).

Origin by Design. This book by Harold Coffin with Robert Brown. The evidence for Creation and the Genesis Flood is clearly presented by one of the world’s leading Creation scientists (490 pages with 223 illustrations).

Origins: Linking Science and Scripture. This book by Ariel Roth compares the strengths and limitations of the scientific method to the reliability of Scripture (380 pages with 32 illustrations).

http://www.adventistbookcenter.com/Detail.tpl?sku=0972036415

Lynden Williams Communications

Posts 79
Theophilus | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 7 2010 8:40 PM

TomReynolds:
No, there is no one-step repository to tell if a book is available in Logos format. 

Thanks, Tom. You're the only one who seems to have understood my question. Big Smile But thanks too, everybody else, for your interest in Evidence. I guess, if I had picked another book to illustrate the same point, the discussion would have gone in a very different direction!

TomReynolds:
BTW, if Logos is not selling a particular book I don't see how they can object to your linking to their publishing partner who is selling the book.

Me, too.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS