Advanced Search Training videos are on the way...

Page 3 of 4 (73 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 72 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 80
EX | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 17 2016 7:13 PM

It was 49.99...now its 99.99. Blah

PCA Church
L4 Platinum, L5 Reformed Platinum, L6 Reformed Diamond, Reformed Studies XL, Platinum, Logos Now

Posts 9534
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 18 2016 4:00 PM

Bill Shewmaker:
My only complaint is the sound volume. I have my laptop speakers turned completely up and while it is above a whisper, I would not say that it is at a normal conversational level.

That's too bad. I have found with other recordings that my laptop speakers were not very loud but they seem to be fine in this case. It may seem overly obvious but can I assume you have checked your volume settings...just to make sure that is not the issue?

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1030
Richard Wardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 19 2016 2:42 AM

Is anyone else having the same problem described here?  - https://community.logos.com/forums/t/133221.aspx 

Posts 81
Jim Wait | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 19 2016 8:31 AM

This is one of my all-time favorite resources.  Outstanding teachers of a very important topic within the Logos system.. Thank you Logos/verbrum for making it available..This is taught and presented in a way that even I can understand and apply a very complex (to me!) but helpful function of  Logos.

Thank you Fr. Devin Roza, ( Great job!!!!!)

Jim

Posts 644
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 19 2016 9:31 AM

Bruce Dunning:

Bill Shewmaker:
My only complaint is the sound volume. I have my laptop speakers turned completely up and while it is above a whisper, I would not say that it is at a normal conversational level.

That's too bad. I have found with other recordings that my laptop speakers were not very loud but they seem to be fine in this case. It may seem overly obvious but can I assume you have checked your volume settings...just to make sure that is not the issue?

Hi Bruce. Yes, that was my first thought too. Speakers were maxed out and I even checked to see if I hadn't somehow set a limit on the speakers. It is always possible that the speakers could be starting to get weak, but I just tried listening with earbuds and there just wasn't much difference. I will see if the sound level is any better on the iPad after lunch.

I was curious to see if anyone else was having the problem and so far it seems that no one else is.

Posts 644
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 19 2016 9:56 AM

It must be the speakers on the laptop because the iPad works quite well volume wise. This laptop is starting to "show its age."

Posts 1523
Forum MVP
Fr Devin Roza | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 19 2016 11:30 AM

Bill Shewmaker:

It must be the speakers on the laptop because the iPad works quite well volume wise. This laptop is starting to "show its age."

Good to hear that, Bill. Maybe headphones or small external speakers could fix that.  

FWIW, we matched the volume of these videos to the volume level of other Mobile Ed courses (which is, BTW, slightly lower than a typical YouTube video volume level, but not by much).

Posts 1523
Forum MVP
Fr Devin Roza | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 19 2016 11:45 AM

Jim Wait:

This is one of my all-time favorite resources.  Outstanding teachers of a very important topic within the Logos system.. Thank you Logos/verbrum for making it available..This is taught and presented in a way that even I can understand and apply a very complex (to me!) but helpful function of  Logos.

Thank you Fr. Devin Roza, ( Great job!!!!!)

Jim

Thank you for the kind words, Jim. Glad to hear it.

When I agreed to do the training videos a couple of years ago, starting with Verbum 360, from the start my real "secret" goal was to do these Search training videos Smile, so I appreciate hearing that you found them helpful! 

Posts 313
Mike McKnelly | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 19 2016 2:08 PM

Devin Roza, Please reply to my post is it possible to get some Written notes along with each video. It would save us a lot of time, and help us remember search strings. Also I was surprised That we can't view your videos Faithlife TV, thank you so much for all your hard work on this project.

Posts 1523
Forum MVP
Fr Devin Roza | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 19 2016 2:39 PM

Mike McKnelly:

Devin Roza, Please reply to my post is it possible to get some Written notes along with each video. It would save us a lot of time, and help us remember search strings. Also I was surprised That we can't view your videos Faithlife TV, thank you so much for all your hard work on this project.

Hi Mike,

Regarding the script, I've been in dialogue with Faithlife about this, but for the moment anyway the answer is here: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/130477/854393.aspx#854393. So far, Faithlife has decided to not include scripts for training videos. Hopefully we can work something out, but for the moment it's not clear that's going to happen. 

I'll drop them a line about the Faithlife TV. That one should be easy to solve. Smile

Posts 10814
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 20 2016 3:40 AM

Bill Shewmaker:

Bill, which OS are you using? I had this same problem on my iMac after upgrading to Sierra (Mac OS 10.12), not just with Advanced Training, but with every video. Tried zapping PRAM, which did not cure the problem. However, when I reset SMC, normal volume returned https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295 

If you are interested in zapping PRAM first https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204063 

Posts 644
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 20 2016 12:16 PM

Jack Caviness:

Bill, which OS are you using? I had this same problem on my iMac after upgrading to Sierra (Mac OS 10.12), not just with Advanced Training, but with every video. Tried zapping PRAM, which did not cure the problem. However, when I reset SMC, normal volume returned https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295 

If you are interested in zapping PRAM first https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204063 

Hi Jack, I'm using Windows 10. I also use this laptop for the congregation (PowerPoint) running through a Peavey Sound system. This morning, between worship and potluck dinner, I listened too these same videos...obviously, I'm going to get a lot more sound out of a 300 Watt sound system than what my laptop speakers can provide, and the sound quality was excellent...which puts me back to the poor quality of just my laptop speakers...there may be some kind of wireless speakers in the very near future for this old laptop. Thanks, everyone, for the options and encouragement.

Bill

Posts 1753
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 20 2016 12:31 PM

...as a Protestant (indeed a Born Again Baptist) I have read the posts above and see someone teaching how to better search and make use of Logos.

That I applaud and say "Glory to God" to....and thanks.

Joshua

Posts 45
Keith Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 21 2016 5:12 AM

For those who have purchased these videos--are they improving your ability to search? I am seriously considering purchasing them. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Posts 296
Hapax Legomena | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 21 2016 5:23 PM

I've watched almost half of the videos so far.  They are excellent and I've learned a lot.

Posts 489
LogosEmployee
Louis St. Hilaire | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 23 2016 8:57 AM

Mike McKnelly:
Also I was surprised That we can't view your videos Faithlife TV

The videos should now be available on Faithlife TV.

Posts 9534
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 23 2016 4:26 PM

Louis St. Hilaire:
The videos should now be available on Faithlife TV.

I just went there are tried to view them. It was my first time trying out Faithlife TV and I could not figure a way to choose a particular segment. Is there a way to choose a list or does one have to watch the entire thing in order?

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1005
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 23 2016 5:13 PM

Bruce,

If you are watching them on your lap/desk top you should be able to scroll down to see the individual segments.  First screen shot shows when I select the videos from the main Faithlife TV page.  Second screen shot shows when I scroll down.  When you are hovering over the segments there will be a small arrow to the right that will allow you to click over and see all the segments individually.

Posts 9534
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 23 2016 5:31 PM

Thanks Steve. I thought it would be something simple but didn't notice that there was a scroll bar on the landing page.

Posts 337
Michel Pauw | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 23 2016 10:27 PM

Is there also an instruction included on how to do syntax searches?

Page 3 of 4 (73 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS