Logos crashing on Sierra

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 42
Jason Forbes | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Sep 21 2016 7:35 PM

I'm running a 2012 MacBook Air 2Ghz i7, 8GB ram, 250GB had drive. Still running Logos 6, sweet as until this morning.

I upgraded to Mac OSX Sierra this morning. Now, when running Logos on the Mac's screen, all is well. But if I run it on my external screen, and try changing translations (ESV to NIV) it crashes.

I've restarted the system, changed my Logos desktop, nothing is fixing the problem - other than not using my external screen.

Any suggestions?

Posts 28122
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 21 2016 8:31 PM

You will need to enable and post logs. See my signature line. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2945
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 22 2016 10:15 AM

Jason Forbes:

Jason,

I see from your logs that you are running 6.14 SR-2 can you make sure you update to 6.14 SR-3 which is the current version.

Posts 2945
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 22 2016 10:37 AM

Jason Forbes:

But if I run it on my external screen, and try changing translations (ESV to NIV) it crashes.

Jason can you provide repro steps on what you are doing when it crashes. For example, you say it's crashing when you try to switch translations, where within Logos are you trying to do this (i.e. search, multi-view)?

Also, do you have the program scaling set to anything other than 100% and what is your text size set at?

Posts 42
Jason Forbes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 26 2016 10:48 PM

Sorry for the delay in response.

I typed in to the command bar 'update now', and it told me there was no updates available.

I have provided a screen shot of how I'm changing translations.

My default resource text size is 140%

Posts 28122
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 27 2016 3:45 AM

Jason Forbes:
I typed in to the command bar 'update now', and it told me there was no updates available.

Check the version and if you aren't up to date, download and manually update the engine. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2945
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 27 2016 8:48 AM

Jason Forbes:

I typed in to the command bar 'update now', and it told me there was no updates available

Jason,

Sorry, I realize you are on the most up to date version, we released an SR-3 for 7.0 not 6.14. I'll try to reproduce this.

Posts 2945
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 27 2016 9:49 AM

Jason Forbes:

Jason,

Two things, it looks like in addition to having your text scaled up to 140% that your Program Scaling is set to something other than 100%. Can you let me know what that is? 

Also, can you try with your same program settings but with just the ESV open see if changing translations causes the crash?

Posts 2945
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 28 2016 11:40 AM

Jason Forbes:

Sorry for the delay in response.

Jason,

We're pretty sure it's how your program scaling is working with MacOS. Set your program scaling to 100%.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS