Windows 10 tablet mode resizing of screen - especially with layouts

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 32
Dorothy Pollock | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Sep 21 2016 8:30 PM

Hi
I searched but did not see my specific issue. I apologize if this is a known behavior. I use Windows 10 on a desktop as well as a new 2 in 1 Lenovo laptop with a core i7 and a lot of RAM etc. So this is not a performance issue.
I had Logos 6 starter that I did a cross grade on and recently added Logos now. So my splash screen says Logos 7.

I find when I go from desktop to tablet mode, the window resizes  if I try to open layouts.and I am unable to restore it.Is this a known issue?

Thank you
Dorothy

Posts 5564
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 22 2016 12:42 AM

Hi Dorothy

This is not an official (or even informed reply) but I can tell you that there are issues across all the platforms when one switches between a lap top and a desk top. I have not managed to document the experiences I have on my two macs - I am sort of hoping the developers will pick up on it.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 1344
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 22 2016 1:22 AM

Dorothy Pollock:
I find when I go from desktop to tablet mode, the window resizes  if I try to open layouts.and I am unable to restore it.Is this a known issue?

Oh I thought I was the only one having this sort of problem (because I'm running kind of unsupported on an SD card). Layouts do strange things to my window. What usually works--though sometimes I have to do it a few times before it sticks--is load the layout, press F11 to go into reading view, F11 again to come out, click to maximize the window if still necessary. Then it usually displays correctly.

Posts 32
Dorothy Pollock | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 22 2016 7:10 AM

Thank you Sean & Mike. My workaround thus far has been to set it to the layout in desktop mode and then flip the Yoga unit into the tablet mode. What I cannot do is have Logos open in desktop and flip and then open the layout. I can live with that for now. The main Logos window is fine, it's just the layouts that are quirky. I am in the 2 week trial phase with this new machine and I am trying to sort out what a Logos vs the Windows 10/Lenovo etc issue. Glad it's not just me ;=)

Addendum. I tested this on my desktop as well by invoking tablet mode and can see toggling the F11 does work once it loads the truncated layout. So it's a tablet mode windows thing so far for me.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS