Announce: Sync outage 22 September

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 25 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 8060
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Sep 21 2016 11:54 PM

This afternoon we began migrating some sync databases to new servers with more capacity. During the migration, replication failed before all data had been copied. As a precaution, we've disabled sync for the following document types (to prevent possible data loss): Bibliography, Clippings, Favorites, Guides, Handouts, Hidden Resources, History, Layouts, Library Metadata, Personal Books, Preferences, Resource Collections, Sentence Diagrams, Word Lists.

Other documents (including Notes and Reading Plans) are syncing normally, but you will see a "red triangle" icon in Logos Bible Software due to the sync services mentioned above being offline.

We are currently investigating multiple approaches to ensure that the latest synced data is preserved, and will update http://status.faithlife.com/ and this thread with more news when it's available.

Posts 22006
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 22 2016 12:28 AM

Thanks for the update Bradley

Hope it all goes well, Graham

Posts 10584
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 22 2016 3:58 AM

Graham Criddle:

Thanks for the update Bradley

Hope it all goes well, Graham

Yes

Posts 17
Jay | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 22 2016 4:30 AM

Thanks for letting us know!

Posts 72
aaylnx | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 22 2016 6:53 AM

Is there any estimated time to get this resolved?  It's proving problematic for me right now.  No ETA on the status page.

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 22 2016 12:22 PM

Could this thread be made sticky, please.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 2764
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 22 2016 2:31 PM

fgh:

Could this thread be made sticky, please.

That's a good idea. Yes

I had suggested to Kevin in another thread, to post the outage information on the banner at the bottom of the forum page. The area where various advertisements are posted.

Posts 8979
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 22 2016 3:51 PM

We appreciate you letting us know and the work your team is doing to fix it.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 6489
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 22 2016 4:16 PM

Thank you for the update!

Posts 8060
LogosEmployee

Data has been restored from backup and data integrity checks have passed.

We'll be restoring sync APIs one at a time and monitoring load. CopyBibleVerses sync is now back online.

The Logos desktop application does not retry some failed sync services; this is a known issue. (I don't currently have a list of which ones do retry  and which ones don't.) The workaround is to close and reopen Logos. You may wish to wait to do this until all sync APIs are reported as being back online.

Posts 2764
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 22 2016 6:04 PM

Thanks Bradley

Posts 8060
LogosEmployee

All sync services except Layouts, History and Preferences (the three biggest ones that were affected) are online.

We're working on bringing those back online as soon as possible.

Posts 8060
LogosEmployee

All sync services are back online with no data loss.

Posts 2764
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 22 2016 9:18 PM

It looks like it's back up. No more sync error. Smile

Posts 6489
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 23 2016 2:43 AM

Funny how the sync affects the mobile app. My resource count went from 8774 to 10,524. I turned my laptop on and the resource count was fine there. When I looked into it a little closer, the reason my mobile count went up is because it was counting the Perseus collection which lies hidden on my laptop. It threw me off a little at first, but then I remembered it's happened before. Now everything's back to normal.

DAL

Posts 8979
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 23 2016 6:15 AM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

All sync services are back online with no data loss.

That is great news. Thanks!

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 6489
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 23 2016 7:33 AM

No more need for the "Sticky" part on this thread, since the issue has been resolved 👍

Posts 8060
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 27 2016 11:28 AM

An incident report with more technical details has been posted here: http://status.faithlife.com/incidents/2y7hytyrwswt 

Posts 158
Reimar Vetne | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 27 2016 12:17 PM

Unfortunately, I added tags to a lot of books that day, so now my Logos installation on one computer has tags on books that have not made its way over to another of my computer. Do I have to manually add tags on the other computer, or is there a way to "force synchronizing" my tags?

Posts 158
Reimar Vetne | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 27 2016 12:50 PM

164 books untagged in one installation.

256 books untagged in another. Yet both computers claim to be "synchronized" (the sync-wheel is not spinning, and says "all items are up to date" on both computers).

Any suggestions of what I can do - other than manually retagging these books again?

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS