Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2
Rev. C.A. Kotze | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Sep 24 2016 12:30 PM

32-bit Logos20 works fine on my Win XP, but I want to upgrade now to Win 7, and get a message about incompatibility. So I please need help and advice to install Logos20, for Win 7 - if possible at all. Thank you very much. Rev. Kotze. kotze.ca@gmail.com

Posts 13405
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 24 2016 12:36 PM

Rev. C.A. Kotze:

32-bit Logos20 works fine on my Win XP, but I want to upgrade now to Win 7, and get a message about incompatibility. So I please need help and advice to install Logos20, for Win 7 - if possible at all. Thank you very much. Rev. Kotze. kotze.ca@gmail.com

You can't install 16-bit software on a 64-bit computer, so Logos 2 won't install on 64-bit Windows 7. But there's no reason why you can't upgrade to Logos 6 and still access your Logos 2 resources.

The only way around it is to install a virtual machine, and run Windows XP within Windows 7. That's using a sledgehammer to crack a nut, though.

Posts 2
Rev. C.A. Kotze | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 24 2016 12:55 PM

Mark, thank you very much for your very prompt response - it surely helps a lot getting my thoughts in the right direction, and it confirmed my gut feeling. I agree about your suggestion about upgrading to L6, to still access Logos20 - how and where do I proceed with that?

Posts 13405
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 24 2016 1:16 PM

Rev. C.A. Kotze:

Mark, thank you very much for your very prompt response - it surely helps a lot getting my thoughts in the right direction, and it confirmed my gut feeling. I agree about your suggestion about upgrading to L6, to still access Logos20 - how and where do I proceed with that?

You can download Logos 6 from here: https://www.logos.com/support/install_logos_6 

It will be a little bit difficult to get Logos 6 to recognise your Logos 2 books. Logos 3 recognises Logos 2 books, and Logos 4, 5 and 6 all recognise Logos 3 books, but unfortunately Logos 6 doesn't recognise Logos 2 books.

I think the best thing to do is to contact Logos Customer Services and explain the problem. They might ask you to back up your licences is Logos 2 and email that to them, or to supply them with the serial number.

They should then be able to add your Logos 2 books to your Logos 6 account. Once that's down, they'll automatically download into Logos 6.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS