Is there a way for Logos to display all the Biblical references used in a resource?

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 156
David Roberts | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Sep 25 2016 5:58 PM

I have some books with hundreds of pages that I'd love to just read through all the Scripture cited in it without having to read through the entire book, only because I need those references for something at Church. It's not that I don't want to read the book entirely, just due to time sensitivity this feature would be so very helpful.

So is it possible? I'm wanting to use it with the theocratic kingdom of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Thanks to any who reply here.

Posts 2006
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 25 2016 6:08 PM

1. Have you tried using the concordance tool for References?

Then maybe sort by Heading for Bible book order.

2.  Do you know how to use the Power Lookup?  

Open Tools | Power Lookup (lightening bolt).

Select a chunk of text.  Any references appear in the Power Lookup panel.

3. You could also "Copy" from the Power Lookup Panel and create a Passage List and add from Clipboard.  That would make easy reading.

Posts 25956
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 25 2016 6:27 PM
  1. Select the entire book
  2. Copy to clipboard
  3. Add from Clipboard to a Passage List

I do this for lectionaries frequently.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 956
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 26 2016 3:28 AM

MJ. Smith:

1. Select the entire book
  2. Copy to clipboard
  3. Add from Clipboard to a Passage List

I do this for lectionaries frequently.

Thanks for this - you are a genius! Big Smile

Is there a simpler way to select the entire book without scrolling your way down through it?

(Thanks to David as well, for asking the question - I've wanted to do this without knowing I wanted to do it Big Smile)

Posts 13058
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 26 2016 4:30 AM

Yasmin Stephen:
Is there a simpler way to select the entire book without scrolling your way down through it?

You could do a print/export and then copy to clipboard. That works well for smaller books.

For books that don't have a bible reference in every paragraph, it can be easier to do an inline search for <bible gen-rev> (in "sentence" mode) before selecting. That cuts down on scrolling, but adds a little search time.

Posts 956
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 26 2016 8:30 AM

Mark Barnes:

You could do a print/export and then copy to clipboard. That works well for smaller books.

For books that don't have a bible reference in every paragraph, it can be easier to do an inline search for <bible gen-rev> (in "sentence" mode) before selecting. That cuts down on scrolling, but adds a little search time.

Great stuff  - thank you! I'm going to try it when I get home from work.

Posts 129
Jerome Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 26 2016 9:20 AM

The resource itself, in this case, The Theocratic Kingdom, has a very thorough Scripture Index.  I have worked through much of that index myself to study the Bible passages referred to in this work.  It makes for quite a study.

Posts 956
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 26 2016 4:00 PM

Mark Barnes:

I tried and they both work great - thanks again!

Posts 156
David Roberts | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 27 2016 12:36 AM

I would just like to thank everyone for their very helpful responses. God bless you all!

Posts 156
David Roberts | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 27 2016 4:22 AM

Jerome Smith:

The resource itself, in this case, The Theocratic Kingdom, has a very thorough Scripture Index.  I have worked through much of that index myself to study the Bible passages referred to in this work.  It makes for quite a study.

I just looked at the end of volume three and saw what you spoke of. Embarrassed I feel a little embarrassed now.
I just wondered in that Scriptural Index is complete.
I know authors often have citations in their books that don't make it to the Index.

But I'll probably go through that index first before going through with the other methods listed.

Thank you. And absolutely yes. It's an awesome study! Marana tha! Big Smile

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS