Question/Recommendation to MJ: TIP of the Day

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 784
Cynthia in Florida | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Sep 26 2016 7:08 AM

Hello MJ:

So one of my favorite things about this board is your TIP of the Day Posts. Many of them, I favorite. I particularly love when you explain how to do things in Logos. (I like the blog posts but really come for the logos function posts.) 

In another thread you listed a whole bunch of TIP of the Day Threads that pertained to search functions.  I spent three hours reading every one of them.

My question:

Do you have a thread or a place where you keep those all in one place, kinda like how you lined them up in the thread?  If not, is there any chance to get that?  I really learn a lot from your TIP of the day posts.

My thought was maybe you could do something like Mark has with his Commentary Thread, where you put them tips in categories and then add to them as they come up.

I know...it's asking you to do ANOTHER thing on here, but I'm just thinking it would be a great way for them to stay at the top, as opposed to being lost in forum land.  Some of the links you shared on the other thread were from a year or two ago, and so I never would have been able to read them or even know they existed.

Thanks for all you do!

Cynthia

Romans 8:28-38

Posts 821
GregW | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 26 2016 7:14 AM

You can find them all from Google, simply by typing: 

"TIP of the day" site:community.logos.com

in the Google search box. I know that doesn't classify them, but it does give you a complete list of them. 

Running Logos 6 Platinum and Logos Now on Surface Pro 4, 8 GB RAM, 256GB SSD, i5

Posts 784
Cynthia in Florida | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 26 2016 7:19 AM

Hello Greg:

Yes, I know that they can be found in a search, but are they all in ONE place?  If they were, I think all her hard work would get many more hits, as they would be a bit more "in our face."  I would never just think to myself, "hey, let me go read the "tips of the day" and see what kind of random stuff I find, as when they are out of site, they tend to be out of mind.  However, every now and then, when Mark adds to his commentary search thread, there it is again, reminding me to update my own.  Just me thinking out loud.

Cynthia

Posts 21592
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 26 2016 7:21 AM

Cynthia in Florida:
Do you have a thread or a place where you keep those all in one place, kinda like how you lined them up in the thread?  If not, is there any chance to get that?

They are maintained as a Logos Reading List

or from a browser at https://topics.logos.com/Logos$2fVerbum$2fNoet_training$3a_Forum_tips 

This needs to be updated manually and it looks as though the last update was in March this year. I don't know if MJ is planning to continue to update it

Posts 784
Cynthia in Florida | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 26 2016 7:32 AM

Hello Graham:  Thanks.

I'm wondering why when I search for it in logos I cant find it

Cynthia

Posts 784
Cynthia in Florida | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 26 2016 7:34 AM

Never mind.  Found it!  Thanks!

Cynthia

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 26 2016 7:36 AM

Cynthia in Florida:
Yes, I know that they can be found in a search, but are they all in ONE place?

Yes, the one place is site:community.logos.com that can search for a subset of Tip's: e.g. search

site:community.logos.com "TIP of the day" search

Forum thread => TIP of the day: Finding TIPs of the day includes intitle tip:

site:community.logos.com intitle:"TIP of the day" intitle:search

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 784
Cynthia in Florida | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 26 2016 7:49 AM

Thanks!  I'll add a quick link to it!

Cynthia

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS