Sermon Editor: 'Fill-in' button doesn't create slides with blank and fill-in

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 71
Luke B. Wolford | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Sep 28 2016 7:14 AM

Hello,

I was using the Sermon Editor and noticed that when I used the 'fill-in' feature in my headings it did not make changes to the text in the slide. The slide had all of the text I typed but it did not change when I marked a word with 'fill-in'.

Also, a suggestion I have is that we could edit the text on the slide to add breaks so that a longer point does not become a tiny, one-line, sentence but could cover several lines.

Thanks.

Posts 1034
Richard Wardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 28 2016 7:34 AM

Luke B. Wolford:
I was using the Sermon Editor and noticed that when I used the 'fill-in' feature in my headings it did not make changes to the text in the slide. The slide had all of the text I typed but it did not change when I marked a word wth 'fill-in'.

Hi Luke!

When using the Fill In feature the Sermon Editor should create two slides - one with the missing word(s), and one with them filled in:

Clicking on the slide(s) brings up a preview:

Luke B. Wolford:
Also, a suggestion I have is that we could edit the text on the slide to add breaks so that a longer point does not become a tiny, one-line, sentence but could cover several lines.

I *think* (but I'm not 100% certain) that this might be planned for a future release. If you use Proclaim you have more control over the overall layout and design of the text in the slides.

Posts 25351
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 28 2016 8:14 AM

Luke B. Wolford:

Can you expand on this please?

I entered some text in the editor

and the slide I created looks like

What am I missing?

Posts 71
Luke B. Wolford | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 28 2016 2:50 PM

Thanks for the reply. Richard, that is what it did when I used it last week but this week the full in makes no difference on in the slide. Graham, when I enter text and highlight a word and click fill- in it should do what Richard just showed but it didn't today.

Posts 216
LogosEmployee

Hi Luke. Sorry to hear the fill-in feature didn't work for you as expected. Can you send a screenshot of which slide style you were using when fill-in didn't work?

Posts 71
Luke B. Wolford | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 29 2016 12:21 PM

Posts 71
Luke B. Wolford | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 29 2016 12:23 PM

Posts 216
LogosEmployee

Thanks, Luke. This is very helpful. It looks like this is a problem with this particular piece of media. I'll let the media team know, and we'll get it fixed.

Posts 71
Luke B. Wolford | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 29 2016 3:22 PM

Thanks

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 30 2016 9:46 AM

Luke B. Wolford:

Thanks again for the report Luke, this media should be fixed now.  

Posts 71
Luke B. Wolford | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 30 2016 12:05 PM

Thank you!

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS