Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 506
Daniel Yoder | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 4 2016 5:01 AM

Thanks for pointing this out.

Posts 9018
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 4 2016 5:05 AM

Thanks. Here is a screen shot with a description.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1577
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 4 2016 5:19 AM

Thank you Yes

Posts 809
Cynthia in Florida | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 4 2016 12:07 PM

So my Mom has stage four lung cancer (metastasized to brain).  They gave her 3-6 months to live.  (She's on month 8.)

And one of my best friends is fighting breast cancer (metastasized to liver and bone).  They gave her 5 years to live (she's on year 15).

Both of them know Jesus and have great peace that they are in His hands.  Don't get me wrong.  They're fighting it...but they know the One who carries them, and they know that God decides their time.

Me?  I hate watching what they go through, but am convinced they possess Supernatural strength! Smile

This book is perfect timing.  Thanks for sharing it!

Cynthia

Romans 8:28-38

Posts 802
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 4 2016 2:51 PM

Cynthia in Florida:

So my Mom has ....

Ditto, Cynthia. This book was offered one day or so after we learned that my mom has cancer. I normally don't go for this kind of writing, but it's hard to ignore when God bonks me on the head.

Posts 9018
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 4 2016 4:48 PM

Lew Worthington:

Cynthia in Florida:

So my Mom has ....

Ditto, Cynthia. This book was offered one day or so after we learned that my mom has cancer. I normally don't go for this kind of writing, but it's hard to ignore when God bonks me on the head.

Sorry to hear the news Cynthia and Lew. I too have had many friends and family battle cancer. You never know when this type of book might be the exact one you need.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 42
Robyn VH. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 4 2016 5:36 PM

Big Smile

Posts 1031
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 4 2016 5:41 PM

I am so sorry. Both of your moms will be in my prayers.

Posts 2829
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 5 2016 7:56 AM

Cynthia in Florida:

So my Mom has stage four lung cancer (metastasized to brain).  They gave her 3-6 months to live.  (She's on month 8.)

And one of my best friends is fighting breast cancer (metastasized to liver and bone).  They gave her 5 years to live (she's on year 15).

Both of them know Jesus and have great peace that they are in His hands.  Don't get me wrong.  They're fighting it...but they know the One who carries them, and they know that God decides their time.

Me?  I hate watching what they go through, but am convinced they possess Supernatural strength! Smile

Many people will be blessed by this resource.  Thanks. 

Cynthia, praying for your mother and friend today. 

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 435
Lewis Harper | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 5 2016 8:07 AM

Thank you!

Posts 809
Cynthia in Florida | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 5 2016 1:23 PM

Thank you!  I'm sure many others could offer the same story, but I guess it's always different when it's your own.

Lewis, I also rarely go for these types of resources too, but did you see the first page?  I copied it and sent it to my Mom and friend.

Blessings to all those who petition the Father because of the "Big C."

Cynthia

Posts 67
James Chin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 7 2016 3:49 AM

Thanks Edwin, and thank you Vyrso

Posts 3691
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 7 2016 4:28 AM

Yes, Cynthia, it is painful to read that about what is happening to those who are close to you. I cannot imagine what it can be like. If it is not too personal, I would love to hear your feedback on the book once you have read it (what was very helpful, what was not). I have not really looked at this book yet, but anything that helps better minister to ones who are affected is welcome. If you want to, you can even post a review on faithlife.com (well, at least I know it can be done with logos.com books, so I imagine -- but don't know for a fact -- that it must be the same for vyrso books too). 

Posts 809
Cynthia in Florida | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 8 2016 8:57 AM

Francis:

Yes, Cynthia, it is painful to read that about what is happening to those who are close to you. I cannot imagine what it can be like. If it is not too personal, I would love to hear your feedback on the book once you have read it (what was very helpful, what was not). I have not really looked at this book yet, but anything that helps better minister to ones who are affected is welcome. If you want to, you can even post a review on faithlife.com (well, at least I know it can be done with logos.com books, so I imagine -- but don't know for a fact -- that it must be the same for vyrso books too). 

Thanks Francis:

I sure will.  I know we come on here, talk about logos, etc., etc., and I guess we really don't know what is going on in people's lives.  I was just at a vulnerable state when I saw the title of the book, so thanks for your prayers.

I will write a review once I'm done with it.  I'm reading now.

Cynthia

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS